ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: How to reverse iCal calendar import
Score: 0
@ToodleDo,
Since I have no idea about this, how costly will it be for you guys to allocate an extra space for each registered user, which just contains a backed up file of users task every 3 days or something (with configurable frequency). Each new backup replaces the old copy. I think it will not be much for most of the users, but will be a hell lot of help to users in such cases. And it can happen to anyone.
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
As ToodleDo says in the post above, Roboform could cause issues (I have never used it so don't know). Any kind of the add-ons which 'store' a lot of information for all the webpages can possibly make it slow or hang if not implemented efficiently. It could also be one of your 'Plugins' and not 'Extension'.(Tools->Add-ons->Plugins)

FWIW, Firefox 4.0 Beta is certainly a LOT faster than Firefox 3.6, but ToodleDo Add-on is currently not compatible with the latest version of that (beta 10). If you are not afraid to try things, I can tell you the steps to make it compatible (if you don't know them already)
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 01, 2011 in: Request for extremely lazy people :)
Could you move 'Mark All As Read' to the top of the table of posts (instead of bottom) pleaaaaasseee :). It sometimes is too much of scrolling.

May be the same with 'Leave unread', 'New Post' and 'Post Reply' etc.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 31, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
I guess Peter is sorting by due date and Salgud is not? For me it skips whatever is the right most column in the multi line mode and not just due date. And if due date is in the second line (and hence not the primary sort field), it goes to that using tabs. I'm using Firefox, as always.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 25, 2011 in: Maintenance Tuesday night
Thanks for informing. Appreciate the pre-notice.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Nag?
Yes, I know that they have a big to-do list and limited resources, but I asked was this deliberately left out because if they wanted to implement, it would take almost zero additional time to add an 'hourly' when they were adding daily, weekly and monthly etc (including the functionality).

May be it was left for rate limiting reasons?
piyush_soni

I guess you can either enter every 3 days (or 4), or add two tasks separately for Monday and Thursday as you already figured out. I don't think there's an option of doing what you want to.
piyush_soni

For tag and Context, you are not forced - but close second : you can set their default values for any new task you create in Account Settings.

I'd like to comment on your choice of Tags and Context. Work/Private etc. are better off as Contexts - as they mostly don't have any intersection. An 'Internet' task on the other hand could be work/home, Phone could be work/home. etc. So think about them.

You can import your calendar in Google Calendar by e.g. their live iCal subscription but I don't know if there's any service like syncing only your saved searches in that.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 23, 2011 in: Change Completion Date
There was a similar thread before as well and ToodleDo said it's on their To-do list.
piyush_soni

@ToodleDo,
Can we lock the thread now? I think we've already got the unanimous answer by now and we don't want another 1000 people to come and write the same thing that it's worth for them as well.
piyush_soni

Create a saved search for the stuff that's there in your hot list (see in your settings what kind of tasks come in that) and add this condition of a specific tag.

Otherwise, convert that tag into a Context and you can see those tasks directly in your original Hotlist, by using the standard filters for your context.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 22, 2011 in: Slim Version
No.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 22, 2011 in: Nag?
Aah ! Really !

@ToodleDo,
I guess it will be an extremely simple change if you wanted to. That makes me think you somehow believe people won't have any reasonable task which can repeat every hour? Is it the case?
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 21, 2011 in: Nag?
I guess making the task 'Optionally due' for the first time and setting it to repeat (like every hour) with a reminder set will continuously nag you, and not leave a trace of a whole lot of those tasks either, until you delete the task or set it to non-repeating. Haven't tested it though.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Search Broken?
Oops. Replied too soon. My reply was for Salgud's last post. Thanks for fixing this.
piyush_soni

Well, yeah - if you are using Match All and then creating OR connectors it wouldn't work. If it's all ORs in your search, you can select Match Any from the top and do it the same way. But of course, it is just an incomplete work around which should be fixed soon.
piyush_soni

Me too!
Until ToodleDo corrects this, a work around is to just select the fields you want to create the search with, (by Add Rule etc.), 'Search' and then save it with a name, and then clicking 'Modify Search' when it would show the other dropdowns. :) You can then save it again with the same name.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011.
piyush_soni

I knew someone would come up with that. :) The answer is almost always letting the user select whatever combination of Ctrl/Alt/Shift and one other key he wants. I use Ctrl Arrows more than Control shift arrow actually.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Interface improvements
You should feel lucky! Someone has written a Things mac kind of interface style for ToodleDo.com. See this thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/8811/0/userstyles-toodledo-macosx-v10.html
piyush_soni

They just released FF 4.0 Beta 9 and the add on stopped working, as the maxVersion in it is marked as 4.0b8 :( . How about updating it to 4.0*? They've done a functionality freeze for betas, so I don't expect that there will be any change which could potentially break your add-on before their final release.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next