ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dave"
Dave

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Still no native android app?
Score: 2
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
  • Score: 2
They have announced they are working on a native app, but no timeline given. Not sure why people are upset, the apps available are very good. Probably better than the first release of a native app. I keep coming back to Due Today, but there are a few very good ones (Ultimate todo and DGT)
Dave

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Best third-party app?
Score: 0
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
  • Score: 0
I have used all of the Android apps and the two best for me are Ultimate todo and Due Today. I have tried to like Ultimate since it has more features, but I like Due Today more since I feel the interface is better and simpler to use. Try both
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2011
I saw the other day that they posted as public beta in their forums. Might want to give that one a try.
Dave

Posted Apr 15, 2011 in: Pocket informant for Android
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2011
There are a couple of threads that go in depth on the Android apps, but for me the two real contenders are Due Today or Ultimate todo list. Due Today has an excellent UI and the developer will be releasing a big update soon. Ultimate todo is very customizable and has many features including notebooks. I would try each one and see what works for you.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2011
+1
Dave

Posted Apr 07, 2011 in: Action Lists
Score: 1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2011
  • Score: 1
It is a great app, wish that I could use it on my Android phone. The developer is c.e. parry who is very responsive on questions.

It filters NA by context since that is the way David Allen says to in the GTD book. If you have many NAs but very few contexts, you might want to create more contexts to break your work up and make it more usable.

Really miss that app....
Dave

Posted Apr 06, 2011 in: Jott ceasing service
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2011
I used Dial2do a couple of times and it worked well
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2011
It is pretty much a direct ripoff of Appigo's Todo. It is pretty good for an Alpha stage app though.
Dave

Posted Feb 28, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2011
Due Today just released a new version today and I think now I can use it as my default task app. Just wish that the "next" would hold the filter of only showing tasks with the status of "next action." I sent a message to the developer and he is going to look into it. Really like the UI of this app.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2011
There is a pretty good thread on this already at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/8589/0/best-android-app-for-toodledo.html
Dave

Posted Feb 26, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2011
I have tried all of the apps and I like UTDL most now. I like the custom views, the soft "home" button, and the notebook support. Editing tasks is very easy, and I like the task summary screen, since you can see long notes without scrolling. The UI needs some prettying up, but the developer said he will be working on it soon, but just wanted to get it out in the public first.

GTD is a very close second. Great looking UI. Not a big fan of the task summary screen, it is a bit cluttered. Great, simple app.

Due Today has the best looking UI of them all. Filtering is the simplest of all of the apps too. Excellent task summary screen, as well as adding a task screen. Its painful to do GTD on it since the "next" tab on the home screen includes next actions and active tasks. I have a lot of hope for this app since it needs just a few tweaks and it will be great for GTD.

I have briefly used Pocket Informant, and I like it, but other apps are just better and simpler. Too many clicks to get the info I want. I don't need the calendar part of it.

I try to follow GTD to the letter which means I don't deal with due dates or reminders.
Dave

Posted Feb 15, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
  • Dave
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2011
@peterW this is for a windows PC app, not windows mobile. The only other PC I know of costs $20.
Dave

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: Only 1 context
  • Dave
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
I agree with Cesar on the @computer being worthless. Another idea is if you work with a group of clients to have each client a context. That is what I recommended with my wife for her work. There is no strict guideline to what a context has to be.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Just stumbled across this new script for Toodledo that looks amazing and has the tabs on the right side of the screen. VERY impressed (no I didn't create it)

http://userstyles.org/styles/41149
Dave

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2011
@greg, I haven't used these but I have heard good things about wedist (http://wedoist.com/?ref=todoist) or for a bit more coin Basecamp has a strong following http://basecamphq.com/
Dave

Posted Dec 27, 2010 in: Collaboration Questions
  • Dave
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2010
They announced in the "News" area of the forum that Collaboration will be their main focus for the beginning of 2011.
Dave

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: Best app for lists?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Listpro is hard to beat for lists. I have used it for years. It has an iphone app (free) and desktop app. Another good one is Listmaker for iphone which syncs with Toodledo (make a second acct for it)
Dave

Posted Nov 28, 2010 in: iphone "new task"
  • Dave
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2010
I don't think you can do that on the Toodledo iphone app, but other 3rd party apps have that ability (Action Lists, Pocket Informant, Todo)
Dave

Posted Oct 30, 2010 in: API 2.0
  • Dave
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2010
I know that Pocket Informant is working on custom filters for an upcoming version. Maybe that is what you are looking for.
Dave

Posted Oct 17, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • Dave
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2010
Since Toodledo is the online site of choice for SOOOO many apps on iOS, I doubt it will be long before one comes out on WM7. I think I will be getting one of those phones too and am not worried.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next