ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jeremy"
Jeremy

Posted Sep 30, 2008 in: T-Mobile G1 / Google Phone Integration
Score: 0
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2008
  • Score: 0
Consider it an early adopter request. Besides with the tight integration with Google apps, that most people use in addition to Toodledo, its a natural fit for your user base. In other words, you have lots of google users.

@kenbeyond - what makes you think that they aren't focused on the web platform? Aside from updates to the slim/ iPhone app, I don't see any other upgrades....
Jeremy

Posted Sep 27, 2008 in: T-Mobile G1 / Google Phone Integration
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2008
Any plans on integration with the new T-Mobile G1?
Jeremy

Posted Sep 09, 2008 in: Toodledo vs. ThinkingRock
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2008
For the record,

I agree completely with Jim. I did pretty much the same thing that Jim did.

I used thinking rock for a while and found it to be "rigid", although it was definitely a complete download, categorize, and prioritize process.

Toodledo takes a little more discipline, but the accessibility and flexibility of the system make it a better choice. Add that to the features like email import and all the other things that we enjoy about Toodledo.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Posted Sep 09, 2008 in: Request: Native Blackberry Site/Client
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2008
Can we assume that something is being developed?

RIM captures more than half of smartphone market
By JOELLE TESSLER, AP Technology Writer
Mon Sep 8, 6:37 PM ET
WASHINGTON - Research in Motion Ltd. captured more than 50 percent of the U.S. smartphone market in the second quarter, up sharply from first-quarter levels, according to figures released Monday by technology research firm IDC.

Apple Inc., maker of the iPhone, and Palm Inc. both lost share in the second three months of the year.

The IDC numbers show that RIM, maker of the wildly popular BlackBerry wireless device, held 53.6 percent of the U.S. market for smartphones in the second quarter, up from 44.5 percent in the first quarter.
Jeremy

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Add time to task via email?
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2008
You can set a date, but not a time as of now....if you have a phone that can access Toodledo, you can add a task as you would from a computer.
Jeremy

Posted Jul 22, 2008 in: Tomorrow button
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2008
The problem with just using the ? modifier is that only repeating tasks move forward. I frequently have days that things change rapidly and I would like to move forward tasks that are not set up as repeating.

Its not very orthodox GTD, but its what works for me. A tommorrow button of some kind of mass move forward would help.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2008
In general, those modifiers help keep you focused on the things that you cannot start or do until that date.

Here's the full explanation from the Toodledo Help pages.

How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?

Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by putting an = sign before the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then.

Sometimes a task cannot be completed until after a specific duedate. You can place a ">" sign before the date to tell Toodledo the earliest date that this task can be completed. For example ">2008-01-01" means that this task cannot be completed until Jan 1, 2008 has passed. Toodledo will know not to bug you about this task until the specified date arrives.

You can also designate a task as optional by placing a "?" in front of the due date. This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks.

If you want to hide future tasks, without using a due-date modifier, you can go into your account settings and edit the settings under "Hide Future Tasks".

Additionally, you can use the start date field to hide tasks that occur in the future.
Jeremy

Posted Jul 17, 2008 in: Some UI refinements
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2008
I like it...very nice update.

I was not aware that you could resize the column widths.
Jeremy

Posted Jul 11, 2008 in: Suggestion: Tag Field
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Very good idea, would work like the Context drop down. Can we make it free entry and/or drop down?
Jeremy

Posted Jul 11, 2008 in: Change the name "Toodledo"
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Um, yeah....I feel ya sven.

I'm not here for the name, but it makes me less likely to tell other people about it in person. I was previously using a Franklin Planner and some elcetronic forms of lists and it just wasn't working for me. Over the years I had taken the time to visit the Franklin Planner store with friends, co-workers, and family to help them get organized. I was a big believer in them and still am for people that can work within their system. I would still help someone set things up if they wanted help.

Now I'm a huge fan of Toodledo and I want to promote it in the same way, but everyone I tell laughs at me. So I refer to it in general terms....an online planner (planner friends), web-based electronic organizer, GTD tool, etc. That helps make it less distracting.

I know that the investment has been made in the Toodledo "brand", but you might want to consider a name change now, rather than later.
Jeremy

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: Advanced Search
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Nice update! Can't wait for the "edit multiple" tasks...
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2008
I thought this might be a good thread to start, so that we can share features or uses for those features that we didn't think about.

My Favorites

1. Email Import - http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

I use auto text on my blackberry to decide where to file the task for easy things like @Home @Office @Phone and a general inbox for things I want to get off of my mind.

2. Repeating Tasks with repeat on completion - Very useful for setting up reminders that may or may not need to be done on a specific date. It automates the next occurrence automatically based on the date of completion.

3. Due Date view - My default view that keeps me focused on the day at hand. Sorted by Context then by Importance.

4. Add multiple tasks - Great for brain dumps. Get everything off of your mind so that you can focus on what is most important at the time. Even work on the Blackberry Browser while I'm on the road.

5. Statistics Page - I'm a numbers guy and i like to see how I'm doing. The statistics page helps keep me motivated and track my peak productivity days.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Posted Jul 05, 2008 in: Repeating tasks
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2008
Copied from:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?

Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by putting an = sign before the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then.

Sometimes a task cannot be completed until after a specific duedate. You can place a ">" sign before the date to tell Toodledo the earliest date that this task can be completed. For example ">2008-01-01" means that this task cannot be completed until Jan 1, 2008 has passed. Toodledo will know not to bug you about this task until the specified date arrives.

You can also designate a task as optional by placing a "?" in front of the due date. This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks.

If you want to hide future tasks, without using a due-date modifier, you can go into your account settings and edit the settings under "Hide Future Tasks".

Additionally, you can use the start date field to hide tasks that occur in the future.

Hope that helps everyone.
Jeremy

Posted Jul 04, 2008 in: Repeating tasks
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2008
When putting in the due date put a "?" right before the date i.e. '?July 4, 2008'. If you have it set to repeat it will diappear when the due date passes and reappear at the next "repeat".

Hope that helps.
Jeremy

Posted Jun 29, 2008 in: Tomorrow button
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2008
Does anyone use the " ? " modifier before the due date to automate "tomorrow" ?
Jeremy

Posted Jun 25, 2008 in: Tomorrow button
Score: 1
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2008
  • Score: 1
good idea....clear the books for the day...especially if everything blew up on you and you need to move everything to the end of the day. I would like to be able to edit multiple items at once (change several items to future dat), that has been requested.

I second the request....
Jeremy

Posted Jun 24, 2008 in: Blackberry Support
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2008
@J-Mac

As a paying member of Toodledo and a heavy user of the Blackberry Curve....NO!

My financial interest lies in helping Toodledo succeed.

Larger customer base = potential for more paying customers

Blackberry Marketshare > iPhone Marketshare

You might be speaking from perception, but do a Google search on Blackberry marketshare. Its reality, not perception!

Jeremy
Jeremy

Posted Jun 23, 2008 in: Blackberry Support
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2008
@J-Mac

I sell Blackberries and I disagree with the statement saying that few people develop for blackberry. Its not that expensive to develop for (look at all of the $5-$10 games available) and you do not have to be an affiliate to develop. In Q1 of this year Blackberry had a 46% marketshare versus Apple's 19.2%. Even if you take out the corporate customers, there is a much larger group of people using the blackberry for personal use. I think that in the long run, it would be valuable to have a blackberry specific client or web page, even if there was an extra charge to access it.

Blackberry is the market leader in smart phones and will continue to do so until the iPhone matures. Even then, its unclear if the iPhone will take over RIM's spot at #1. They are both great devices and both can benefit the user from optimized versions of this site.

Jeremy
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2008
@Simone

I lke the idea of No. 1!
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2008
1. Blackberry
2. Google Calendar - Ability to place appointment/tasks that are time/date specific from Toodledo.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next