ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Aug 02, 2017 in: Attachments on Android / IOS
Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2017
  • Score: 0
Any official update to this ? It's something I'd really like to do, but I won't upgrade my subscription until I can do it from the app on my phone.
M

Posted Jun 22, 2017 in: change email for Toodledo
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2017
I don't want to change mine, so I'm afraid to try -- but this this page do it for you?
https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=1
M

Posted Jun 22, 2017 in: Thanks to Jeff and TD Staff & Good bye
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2017
Yes, you will be missed. Your needs often mirrored my own, so I appreciated your thoughtfulness and clarify (both of which I lack!).

I'm SO VERY JEALOUS. I would love for you to come back, if possible, after a year - to post whether or not your retirement actually did result in being complicated. I'm trying to look at my current task list as a "would I care about doing this, if I was retired?" list. I fear I'll keep trying to do nearly as much as I do now!

Enjoy...
M

• M
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2017
Thanks. I know it's hard to make suggestions - everyone has their own preferences.

I started to move your way - away from Eisenhower in folders and toward Priority -- then remembered why I don't like it. Because I can't customize the priority, I forget what it means, while processing. With folders, I can call it exactly what it means to me.

But I still need to rethink all of this. I'm still open to hearing what others do. My main goal is 1) hiding the stuff that's really not important, so it doesn't muck up my day, and 2) eventually being able to search for and trim off those not important tasks...

Quick question: are TAGS the only field that can contain multiple values? I can't have more than one context, right?

This message was edited Mar 24, 2017.
M

• M
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2017
I currently keep a long list of a weird variety of tasks (I am ADD-like, and feel compelled to "dump" all my ideas into a to do list).

I use
- Stars to indicate the things I really want to try to get done TODAY
- Folders to emulate the Eisenhower Decision Matrix (Urgent and important, not urgent but important, not important but urgent, etc)
- start dates to show, basically, when I should try to start working on stuff
- due dates only if there is really a REQUIRED date that something is due. or if I want to use "optionally due" automatic rollover feature
- Statuses (next status = a routine task, no status = all other non-deferred tasks, Hold = incoming and/or don't really want to see now)
- Goals to align with "life goals" as a way of indicating the tasks' importance to me
- Tags I had been using to indicate location/context. These are Home, Work, Weekday (can only be accomplished M-F), PC (must be on PC at home), etc.

Now, as a way of cleaning my list up, a bit, I want to add in an indicator as to whether a task is TRULY required or not. Something can be important, but not required. It can even be urgent, but not required.

I had hoped to use tags but then, when I tried to filter on home tasks that are required, I also got WORK tasks that are required...

Should I be using Priority, instead, for my Eisenhower stuff, and maybe folders for this indicator of required/important/optional ?

I know this probably makes little sense if you're not me. Sometimes, the blessing of Toodledo's flexibility is also my curse!

Any suggestions made in the spirit of helpfulness will be appreciated!

thanks
M

Posted Nov 02, 2016 in: A-la Carte Pricing Model ?
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2016
This is becoming a bigger issue for me, too. I remind myself of a LOT of things by snapping a photo. I've bought another app to accomplish this, but I hate having these "bolt ons" for Toodledo, which will likely always be my primary "to do" list.

I backed down from the level of subscription that gave me attachments in the past because, even on the web, I remember finding it a bit unwieldy. I had no idea you couldn't even view them, from the app, which is really where I spend about 75% of my Toodledo time.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2016
I have a lot of saved searches. As far as I know, most of them work great, whether on my laptop and using the web interface, or on my iPhone using the app.

I have one, though, that never shows as many results in the app as it shows elsewhere. Today, I see 74 items on the website, and 1 on the app. Filters are OFF, on the app, so that's not the problem. And the count, next to the search name (on the app) only shows 1.

Ideas?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2016
Originally asked for this back in October 2014. It's still something I think I (and others) could use:
==========
I would love to be able to search and multi-edit BASED ON OTHER FIELDS. E.g., find all daily repeating email (some of which I don't want to auto-complete) and automatically update their start date to ([start date] + 7).

That's not a good example, but there's LOTS of situations where I want to be able to mass-edit, but based on another field, for tasks that may not have the same value in that other field.
==========
Today, I wanted to be able to find all tasks with no start date and mass-edit them to have a start date equal to their "date added" field.

Any way to do this, now?
M

Posted May 05, 2016 in: "Lightarrow?"
  • M
  • Posted: May 05, 2016
Thanks -- I thought google made some change, some time ago, that stopped these from working? I'll try again...
M

Posted May 02, 2016 in: "Lightarrow?"
  • M
  • Posted: May 02, 2016
I'm considering trying Lightarrow (http://lightarrow.com/solutions-personal-organization) as a method of linking (I hope?) gmail and other emails to tasks in Toodledo (from multiple email accounts).

Has anyone else looked at this product?

I'm an app addict whose trying to work the steps (admitted I'm powerless, but haven't made much progress beyond that) and trying to NOT download anything that won't work -- but I really need a way to link emails to tasks (NOT SEND emails to tasks).

Thanks
M

• M
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2016
I have an app on my phone that will use extensions to send the link of the page I'm on in Safari to an email address of my choosing.

I use it to send open pages (that I want to remember to revisit) to my task list, right now.

I'd RATHER create a note called 'URLs' and append the link to the end of the note.

Any way that my Toodledo email address can be used to update a note (or a list) ?

thanks
M

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Star and checkbox too close
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
I actually find them to be too close even in my desktop browser -- and the fact that you cannot separate them -- can't move the star or the checkbox - make this a pain. Am I the only one who aims for the star, with my mouse, but hits the checkbox at least 15% of the time?
M

Posted Dec 01, 2015 in: Enter key no longer starts searches?
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2015
1) Click "New Search"
2) Type something in the search box that I want to search for, so that my search is CHECKED OFF=NO, TASK CONTAINS "xxx"
3) Used to be able to press Enter key, here, and get results. Now need to reach for the mouse and CLICK the on-screen Search button, else nothing happens.
M

Posted Nov 30, 2015 in: Enter key no longer starts searches?
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2015
It appears that hitting the enter key (rather than clicking the search button on-screen) no longer starts a search that I've entered... Big key-er, here. Please bring that back if, in fact, the functionality has been removed!
M

Posted Nov 26, 2015 in: Star and checkbox too close
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2015
It appears that you cannot move the star and checkbox for the tasks grid, like you can move other columns. I guess I have fat fingers because, on an iPad, I too often hit the checkbox when aiming for the star.

Is there any way to increase the space between them, or move one of those?
M

Posted Sep 24, 2015 in: Where's QuickSearch?
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
I could swear that I used to be able to use a "quick search" inside search results to further whittle down my results...

Can't find that, anymore! The upper right of the page says "Search," but it refers to modifying or forgetting or saving the search that I'm working within, not further finding...

And the "F" shortcut key does nothing.

Shouldn't I be able to quicksearch/find within search results? Or do I just resort to CTRL-F and use the browser's find ?
M

Posted Sep 08, 2015 in: Share extensions and how they work
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2015
Any changes to the status of this? I'm still getting title only when I try to share from Feedly.
M

Posted Jul 05, 2015 in: A De-clutter Idea for Tasks Interface
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2015
I could live with an option to NOT display those...
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2015
Can you consider this a "feature request:" make it an option on either folders or statuses to EXCLUDE them from sync. This would mean not only that they would not be propagated from the website/database to the mobile device but, also, that they would not move to the database (and, so, would be lost) if entered using those excluded categories on the mobile device. Ideally, the folder/status wouldn't be seen AT ALL on the mobile device if this option was on, so that would not ever happen.

Just an idea.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2015
Any suggestions, though, for techniques to prevent sync of all my tasks? To just sync non-deferred, perhaps?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next