ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
CharleneTX

Posted Apr 08, 2014 in: START DATES
Score: 0
It is indeed another online alternative, but it's also online-only. No offline access, no mobile.
CharleneTX

Posted Jan 07, 2014 in: "Repeat" glitch
Had a weird glitch happen. I have a task set to repeat daily (from completion date). Yesterday I marked it complete. Today I noticed it didn't show up. I thought maybe I had accidentally deleted the repeat so I searched for it. I found it with a start date of Feb 13, 4028 instead of today.
CharleneTX

Posted Mar 13, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
Thank you, Martin, for your thorough and helpful reply.
CharleneTX

Posted Mar 12, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
Posted by Purveyor:

In any case, I can imagine situations where you just want to defer the task a couple of days but you don't want to change the date of the next occurrence. Seems to me, though, that this would require using another date besides Start Date, something like, uh, Due Date perhaps?

As I noted in my original post, I'm using the MYN (Manage Your Now) system. Toodledo is set up to support this sytem; they even have a URL that automagically configures your Toodledo settings for it. That system doesn't use due dates, only start dates.

Currently, when I've finished the task I change the start date to the following month. This works OK until I forget and click the complete box. Then it disappears and gets forgotten.
CharleneTX

Posted Mar 11, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
I think you're still not fully understanding the issue. I have a task I'd like to show up on the 1st each month. Sometimes I'm not able to do it on the 1st so I'll change the start date or the 2nd or 3rd. If I set the repeat to monthly (either from due date or completed ate), it advances to the same date on the next month (2nd, 3rd, etc.). How do you cause a task to repeated on a particular date?
CharleneTX

Posted Mar 08, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
As noted in my original query, I use the MYN system. Due dates aren't used.
CharleneTX

Posted Mar 03, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
Score: 1
How do I set up a task to repeat on the 1st day of each month, regardless of when it's last completed (ie, sometimes it's done on the 2nd or 3rd)? I use start dates, not due dates (MYN).
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 01, 2012 in: repeat on specific date each month
How do I set a repeat for a specific date each month (1st, 15th, etc.)?
CharleneTX

Score: -1
I was greatful for the original posting about Michael Linenberger. I had never heard of him before. I downloaded the PDF, then ended up reading his other books. So far the system seems to be working for me. I'll reserve final judgement until I see how it works over a few months.
CharleneTX

When I started using UTL, I wanted to make a backup of my Google Tasks in case something glitched. The only way I found to make a true copy of tasks was: https://google-tasks-porter.appspot.com/ . All the other methods make a copy of the task list, but didn't include dates and/or notes.
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: forum keyboard shortcuts
The home/end buttons work to scroll between the top/bottom of the screen, but it doesn't move the mouse to click the mark-read or forum. This isn't too big a deal on my desktop, but with the dinky little track pad on the laptop it's quite annoying. I'm constantly having to run the mouse up and down the screen. It's just a bad UI issue -- too much unnecessary movement.
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: forum keyboard shortcuts
The problem I was trying to solve:

I read the topics I'm interested in.
Scroll to the bottom of the page (page down or end).
Click on "mark all as read."
Scroll back to the top of the page.
Click on "Forums" to get to the next section.

It wouldn't be so bad if the click for marking all as read and the click for getting back to the forums page weren't at opposite ends of the page.
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: forum keyboard shortcuts
Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Mark All As Read?"
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Daily tasks
If you still want to manually check off the tasks to advance them, you can change the repeat from "repeat from due date" to "repeat from completion date."
CharleneTX

Posted Dec 11, 2011 in: feature request
I'd like to be able to do a quick search from the saved searches screen. I'm constantly having to go to "Main" to do a quick search, then switch back to my saved search.
CharleneTX

Posted Nov 17, 2011 in: Android App
It appears the only trial version PI offers is for the Blackberry.
CharleneTX

In Firefox, "CTRL-left click" opens links in a new tab (SHIFT-left click for new window). Since some sites open links in the same tab and some don't, I've just gotten in the habit of always pressing CTRL-click.
CharleneTX

Score: 1
The Franklin Covery method has you separate your priorities into A-B-C, then order your tasks 1-2-3, so you have A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1, etc.
CharleneTX

Do you use the Franklin Covey method of task management? This sounds like a good workaround for that.
CharleneTX

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: Resize column width
Look at the row of column headings (Task, Folder, Due Date, etc.). To the far right are two icons that look like boxes. Hover over them - one is for adding columns and the other is for adjusting columns.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next