ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ummagumma"
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
Posted by Purveyor:
@Ummagumma,

Would you please clarify what software you're using to track your tasks?
You mention Outlook and it seems that you are still using Toodledo. Is that right?

Thanks.

I am no longer using Toodledo, just browsing the forums - the community here is just as important to me as the tool used to be.

I do use Outlook. It's what our company uses, and it's an incredibly powerful task manager with query-filter based custom views and conditional formatting. Using dates, priorities, and text tags, I can make it do pretty much anything. No subtasks - this can be achieved via a number of 3rd party add-ons, but I never really felt the need to use them in my task lists anyway. I develop all my projects in Onenote or iThoughts (a mind-mapper / outliner) and only export individual actionable tasks to my task list, to keep it uncluttered. So all of my outlining is done outside of my task manager.

I installed Outlook on my home laptop and desktop, too (if you're in the US and your company uses MS Office, chances are you could buy it for something like $14 IIRC for personal use). Just to keep things simple and repeatable. However, I also tried free open source solution - Thunderbird with Lightning extension for calendar and tasks. It was actually pretty good, I was able to sync my Reminders and set up the several custom views that I use, with some tweaking. Still prefer Outlook, it's more stable on Windows, and more refined.

On the mobile side, I use iOS Reminders as my base, and there's a number of 3rd party apps that provide extra functionality on top of it. My favorite at the moment is GoodTask, mainly because it's very fast, very configurable, and automates or speeds up many user actions (e.g. adding and removing a custom tag, setting quick due date), and has a very good Apple Watch companion app. I was also able to use 2Do. Basically, any app that uses iOS Reminders and adds things like sorting by due date or subject, filtering by due date or text in subject, and some tools to speed up entry would work just fine.

The same approach would work if using Google Tasks, too. Even on iOS, there's a couple task managers that sync with GT and would work for me. On Android, there should be tons of apps. Again, as long as all you use is common fields like Subject and Due Date, the choice is huge.

It would also work with MS Outlook tasks. I actually first tried using Outlook.com as opposed to Apple Reminders, there were some syncing issues, but otherwise the whole system worked just as well. When I decided that Outlook.com wasn't working out for me, I just moved all of my tasks from Outlook account folder to iCloud tasks folder in desktop Outlook, and that was it. All of my filters and conditional formatting and custom views worked just as before.

So, the beauty of this method, for me, is that I can literally use about any app or program, without changing my workflow or having to edit my tasks.

Some workarounds I came up with in the process:

- file attachments - I could technically use them, but then I'd be again locking myself into a feature that may not be supported everywhere. Instead, I use links to cloud storage or local storage, embedded into notes field. Same with phone numbers, url links, etc.

- email to task - I use IFTTT for that, or just forward the email to myself with a tag llAct in the subject.

- Action items everywhere - I use llAct tag everywhere (documents, excel spreadsheets, PDF comments etc) and I have a reminder to search for llAct tagged items every other day. I tweaked Windows Indexing to look everywhere I can have my records, and it works great so far.

This message was edited Jul 05, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 04, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Thank you, it’s a simple setup but it took a lot of time to fine tune it, so I am glad if it can save somebody else all the frustration.

Now that I’ve been using same plaintext tags everywhere,I can’t believe just how powerful of a feature it is, or why more people don’t make extensive use of it.
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 03, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 2
I've posted this somewhere on this forum before, but I've completely changed the way I handle task attributes after Toodledo's ongoing clustermuck story began, and I don't think that I am forced to use any one app or service anymore.

The problem with going with RTM / Marvin / 2Do / whatever is that the user has to change their workflow to fit the new feature set and this means once again locking yourself into a relatively rigid setup & inevitable pain once that setup is broken - whether 1, 5, or 15 years down the road.

KISS rules... Make it so simple that your task attributes can sync to any service, and will be useful with most.

Which to me, means that the only task attributes I use are Subject, Due Date, Alert, and Notes. These exist in pretty much every task management software.

The rest is all handled via plain text labels, filters, and sorting.

In my new (although pretty old) setup, the Start Date has been replaced by Due Date, and a hard deadline (if exists) is added in front of the task subject.

Every task gets a Due Date - this is the date which triggers action (either work on it, or postpone it until later).

The tags, contexts, goals are all plaintext tags added to the end of subject line (could go into Notes to keep things neat and clean, but I prefer to be able to glance at my task list and see the tags right away). I put duplicate letters in front of tags so that I could easily find them later using Windows Indexing or iOS Spotlight search (they don't play well with special characters). E.g., if I want to follow up on a task, I put llFU after the subject. There's not many (any) words that I know of that contain "llfu"", so only the relevant records will be found. I automate tag creation by using Texter in Windows and iOS' built in Keyboard Shortcuts, so I only have to type 3 letters for every tag.

Only some tasks get tagged.

I use separate accounts for work and personal tasks. I could use the same account and just add llWork and llPRS tags.

So, my typical task would look like this:

190924 Submit proposal for review ProjABC llDave llAnne

with due date on 8/26, alert on 9/23 9am.

This task is due on September 24 (hard due date / deadline), I plan to start on it on August 26, it is part of Project ABC, and Dave and Anne have assignments related to it.

I can search by ProjABC and find all tasks related to that project
I can search by llAnne and find all tasks assigned to or waiting on input from Anne (and ll in front make it a unique word to avoid false results)
I can sort by Subject and get the list of my tasks with hard deadlines, arranged by due date.
I can sort by Due Date and get the list of my tasks arranged by when I plan on starting them.
I can set up custom views and conditional formatting in Outlook (or Thunderbird, or most other clients) using these tags.
I can use the same tags in Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or any other kind of file, and gather all records tagged with them across various sources using global search (e.g. Spotlight).

And the best thing is, this would work with almost anything.

This message was edited Jul 03, 2019.
Ummagumma

Reddit has a lot of app discussions
Ummagumma

Posted Apr 20, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
It was an excellent service for a very long time. Which is why so many loyal users kept coming back to it and continued to support it even as the development slowed down.

But now, it’s ridiculously overpriced and badly antiquated or outright lacking in many areas that are important to me - desktop sync, Apple Watch support, seamless integration with Reminders, the Apple client is in a rather sad state, subtask filtering is very clunky, no attachments on mobile...

Even under the old subscription model, buying it was more trying to support a service that I was somewhat nostalgically attached to, and the developer who was very generous over the years.

Now, with all of the old shortcomings, the new owners whom I owe no loyalty to, and a jacked up price that’s more expensive than most of their competitors, I am not sure what they expected us to do...
Ummagumma

Posted Apr 16, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
It doesn’t really matter how many features any service has, what matters is how many of them are utilized.

I don’t care about the date added. And multi-level categorization is, to me, an overly complicated and time consuming workflow that forces one to spend more time managing and classifying their tasks than actually working on them.

I only used a few Toodledo task attributes above a simple task manager, start date, subtasks, and attachments.

Subtask filtering never worked the way I want it to work (look at 2Do to see it done right).

Attachments were unavailable on mobile devices.

Apple Watch app was all but useless and then it was killed off.

No background sync with iOS Reminders.

No native sync with Outlook, only the single most used desktop task client.

An outdated mobile app.

I could go on and on.

And now they want us to pay more than practically all other competing services aee charging? Many of which actually have their stuff together? All while providing the same service unchanged in years ? Sorry, redesigning web client without adding any major functionality, and killing off Watch app, don’t constitute “upgrades”.

You’re welcome to pay double or triple to show your appreciation for this. I’ve already moved on.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2019.
Ummagumma

Look up texter
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 22, 2019 in: How to handle projects
Posted by ipsque:
Posted by Ummagumma:
I do not use a task manager as a Project tracking tool. You end up with tons of "tasks" that aren't really tasks (i.e. single actionable items ) and lose focus of what needs to be done next.

I plan my projects in other applications, and only export individual tasks to the task manager.

What is a task except a single actionable item??

That was my point exactly.

A “project” is typically a combination of high-level planning steps and single actionable items. Some people treat it as task/subtasks. But keeping all of it in a task list only unnecessarily clogs it.

I develop my complete project outline in Onenote or iThoughts, and only export low level, discrete actionable tasks to my task list.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 14, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by shelbyp:
Ummagumma: thanks for your comment, you're obviously right. I generally like Microsoft , but just can't get used to Outlook for email, too slow for basic things like searching for an email! I use Gmail, so thte Outlook tasks are note very helpful for me, and the google tasks are a bit too primitive for my needs. I am happy to pay an additional 20-30$ a year for something to fill this gap, but TD is now overpriced. I will try Microsoft ToDo The ON notes task creation is cool I didn't think about that, I saw the possibility in ON but never tried it! Given that I still have a year left, alot can happen. Things are changing fast in the task management field and prices may come down for some of the existing apps, features will be added etc...

Google Tasks is indeed very limited. There’s a great 3rd party app on iOS that adds a few sorely missing features (GTask) but you’re still stuck with the same Google web interface...

Using Outlook desktop app for email alone is probably not worth it unless you need to keep a local copy of your emails. It’s greatest strength is in bringing the email, tasks, calendars and Onenote together. E.g. I have an issue with an item I ordered, I start a Onenote page to track the resolution process, and save all relevant contacts, photos, emails, attachments, invoices, phone call notes and tasks there. The emails can be saved to Onenote using a button in Outlook (this inserts them as searchable printouts) or I can just drag an email with my mouse and it will be saved as a .msg file attachment. This level of integration + the advanced task views make it easier to live with stupid long email searches (I usually search on my iPhone anyway, faster and more convenient)...

It’s basically a typical MS product, like Windows - clunky, sometimes slow,sometimes buggy, but very hard to replace because of all the functionality it has.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 14, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by shelbyp:
A 300% increase is just stupid.

Agree also, I have 1 year left in my subscription and then I'm out or possibly I move to the cheapest plan here since I can do what I need using my OneDrive subscription to take care of the rest. after looking at Todoist and RTM, I see that both also fit my needs. I already have a OneDrive subscription for 100$ a year which provides 5 Terabytes for 5 family members, access to the Microsoft suite online (including One Note which kills the Notes section here) and full cross-platform support. there is no task list unfortunately. OneNote online does provide outlines which are not as powerful as TD, but are sufficient for my needs.

It is then easy to leverage IFTTT to simulate some other features. e.g. full task history can be achieved by auto creating a OneNote note each time a task is created. Possibilities with IFTTT are endless , however one thing I raised in the forums is that the TD support is buggy and the IFTTT tasks were failing on me, preventing me from doing some of the cool things that people expect as we move into an Internet Of Things world...

I am not sure that the bolded statement is entirely correct.

If you’re using Outlook.com account, you have a task list that you can sync with Outlook on desktop, and with iOS devices. Since it is synced to iOS via Reminders, any app that supports Reminders swill also work with Outlook tasks. (I especially recommend GoodTask). The web access for Outlook.com tasks is a little clunky but it supports advanced features like Start dates and categories; the biggest strength however is in using Outlook for desktop with its advanced filters and conditional formatting. Another big advantage is that you can create Outlook tasks directly from Onenote, so you can plan a project in ON and create s task list for it as you go.

You can also use the new Microsoft ToDo app, the only problem is that it has a major bug using EAS sync so it really only works well if you only use ToDo clients everywhere (not a problem for Windows 10 users but forces Windows 7 into web app).

This message was edited Jan 14, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 09, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
You can create shared Reminders lists that you only use for delegated tasks, while maintaining your own separate lists. In GoodTask, you can reassign a task to another list with a single tap.

Not sure if it’s possible to show iOS Reminders in Google Calendar on web. But you could use Google tasks with Gtask for iOS, or Google’s own app. I no longer use Google products so not an expert, but GTask is a very good app. And on Apple devices, you can integrate tasks and calendars from different services in the same view in most 3rd party Calendar and Task apps. GoodTask can show calendar events and tasks in same view, although the calendar module is a little limited (no Month or Week view, it’s just a list of events by day). Fantastical and Calengoo can also show events and reminders together.

Coming to think of it, if you only use basic task functionality, Calengoo is probably perfect for you. It’s an excellent calendar with decent Reminders and Google Tasks integration, and a very responsive developer. It also adds extra functionality on top of Reminders and Google Tasks. My only and main gripe with it is that it doesn’t update Apple Watch app in background.

Don’t know first thing about Alexa, sorry. I use Siri, as dumb as she is...

This message was edited Jan 09, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 09, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by Curt:
Has anyone tested out RTM vs Ticktick? Any recommendations between the two for someone who uses all Apple products and needs to collaborate between 3 people? I don't mind paying for the service, but our needs are pretty simple and might be able to use the free versions if they afford collaboration.

We've had 3 Silver subscriptions over the last 10 years, but in order to collaborate now, we would be forced to pay 3 times the amount for the newly designated "Plus" account that has absolutely nothing extra we need other than the collaboration between 3 users. Unless Aaron decides to include 3 collaboration users under the "Standard" Plan (still an increase from $20/yr to $36/yr!), we will be moving on to another platform. Not interested in paying $180/year for 3 Plus accounts and not happy with the empty promises and lack of communication. What should have happened is all current Toodledo users should have been grandfathered in under our current accounts. A modest 20% increase from $20 to $25 year would have been tolerable and would have most likely been accepted by most. A 300% increase is just stupid.

What features do you use, and how often do you have to access web interface ?

With all of you using Apple devices, I don’t think you need any paid service at all, to be honest. Just buy a good task app (e.g. GoodTask, 2Do) and share it with your family members. Both apps use Reminders as the base and add some functionality on top (2Do can also use Dropbox to sync it’s own proprietary database, and has a Mac version). You can share Reminders lists or use the same Dropbox folder. Some of the added functionality may not be accessible via iCloud web interface if you use Reminders to sync, and with Dropbox sync there’s no web access to your tasks, but I assume your phones are always with you so this should not be an issue. So a single $10 - $14 payment and you are all set for years...

Personally, having used both apps, I settled on GoodTask, mainly because it’s optimized for quick on-the-fly task management.

This message was edited Jan 09, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 04, 2019 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
We have strict policy of NO ACCESSING to your data without prior permissions. Although we own the databases and all rights to our application, you retain all rights to your data.

That's great to know. So when a Chinese intelligence officer shows up at their headquarter and demands access to their users' data, they can just quote him the policy. I am sure in an authoritarian country that is the top industrial / economic espionage hub in the world, this would go over just fine.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 03, 2019 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
Score: 2
Just a little note: TickTick is headquartered in China. It may or may not matter to you or your employer, depending on the sensitivity of your tasks and data.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 02, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Same here. Not happy with the new service pricing vs what it has to offer, not happy with complete lack of communication, and have my doubts on whether the service will even be here a year from now, with existing paying users leaving and the potential new users going to be scared by the high subscription cost that exceed the prices offered by most of the competition. I’m out, just lurking on the forum to see what’s going on and what solutions are other people trying.
Ummagumma

Posted Jan 01, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by Larry2:
I'm disappointed they kept the 3 tier pricing.
Depending on financing and cash equity a new owner may need to start charging a lot more to cover expenses and finance debt.

Toodledo is now one of the most expensive offerings in a heavily saturated market where it remains a lesser known name.

“Charging a lot more” in this case is suicide.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by john.godden:
Posted by Ummagumma:
... By the way, I stopped using Start Date and designed a workflow to have very similar functionality without it, so I can now migrate to pretty much any platform or service.

I have thought about trying this, after learning that most other services don't handle start dates the way I want, particularly with recurring tasks. "It's easier to put on slippers, than to carpet the whole world" seems appropriate...

Do you mind sharing briefly the key points of your workflow?

Thank you.

Sure. Sorry if it's a long post.

Originally, I used Start Date to trigger an action or review of a task, based on my arbitrary best guess of when I should do something about it (a lot of times, just review it and assign a new Start Date). I used Due date to indicate an actual real deadline. I also tried to avoid having undated tasks, as these never seem to be addressed. To me, an undated task was the "Sometime / Maybe" type of task. Finally, for the past of years, I've been using 2Do on my mobile devices (which I use for planning my workflow most of time) syncing to Toodledo. If you are familiar with 2Do, it's build around Start Dates.

So, looking at my tasks, I realized that most of my them, historically - at least 70% - only had Start Dates and no Due Dates. That is, they did not have had deadlines. Out of the tasks with real deadlines, a good half were "simple" tasks which could be completed quickly (paying bills, renewing drivers' licenses etc). Only "project" type tasks had to be started well ahead of a concrete deadline, and for practically all of them tracking the actual Due date was purely informational (I had to be done before it).

So, here's what I am using now:

Due Date = old Start Date. Assigned to all tasks, serves as a trigger to review the task and either start working on it, or assign a new Due date.

Actual Deadline = for Project type tasks, it goes in front of Subject, in form "YY MM DD". This way I can sort alphabetically if I need to see tasks arranged by deadline (which, in practice, I almost never have to do).

Tag / Category - after switching to GoodTask, I started using their method of using plaintext tags at the end of the subject line. This can be made to work with Outlook or any other system that allows custom filtering / searching, and it can be used in other applications and services so I can search for a tag using Spotlight or Windows Indexing, and find not only tasks but documents, meetings, notes etc all using the same tag. Unfortunately stupid Windows doesn't allow the use of hashtag in search, so I prefix my tags with ll.

So, here's how my typical task list would look:

Pay Visa Bill before 21st llMoney (Due 12/15 recurring monthly)

19 02 16 Proposal llProjectABC llCommitment (Due 2/4/19)

Jon's submittal promised by 1/11 llProjectABC llFollowUp llJonD (Due 1/10)

I use text automation in Windows and iOS, and the pre-set quick actions in GoodTask, so I can type any tag using just three letters or a single tap.

I've been using this system for about two months now and it's worked wonderfully.

Now, it won't translate 100% to some very basic task managers without using a 3rd party tool - e.g. iOS Reminders don't allow alphabetic sorting, and I believe neither does GoogleTask. But there's always going to be some kind of 3rd party software for major services, sorting by title is just about as base and common a function as it gets, and it's not even that important in my workflow. Sorting by Due date and plaintext search are available on any platform I can think of. So, this approach should be about as future proof as it gets.

Finally, you can see that I make no use of Priorities. That's because the due date field here IS the priority. The top priority tasks get today's due date, the next priority tasks get bumped. No matter how important a task is, if I am not planning on working on it today, it will be bumped to tomorrow... and it will become top priority task ON tomorrow because that's what it's due date is set for. And it doesn't matter if I end up with ten tasks all due on the same day. After a quick 5-minute re-assessment, I will keep 3-5 of them and bump the rest. And when I only have 3-5 tasks to work on today, I can usually figure the order in my head. So, I just never use the priority unless I really need to flag a task for whatever reason.

This message was edited Dec 25, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by oakleypark10:
Posted by Ummagumma:

If you are using Outlook and iPhone, look at GoodTask. It uses Reminders as a base / sync engine and adds tons of missing features (Start date, categories, all kinds of filters) which can be synced to or easily replicated in Outlook. And it’s only $10.

Thanks, tried it, liked it, bought it. The native integration to outlook/reminders on the iphone is incredible. I am sure for heavy indepth users it may not be perfect but if you use outlook task adn iphone then its very good. No link to any company mentioned, just my personal review.

Great, happy to have been able to help.

Once you've used GoodTask for a while, you really start to appreciate the way it works. The Day / Week / Month views and the Quick Actions make managing tasks on the fly very quick and easy. It also has a decent Apple Watch app. About the only thing that I don't like about it is the way it handles Subtasks... oh well. Can't have it all... I haven't been using Subtasks much to begin with. By the way, I stopped using Start Date and designed a workflow to have very similar functionality without it, so I can now migrate to pretty much any platform or service.

I was actually thinking of "donating" my unused months of subscription to someone else, but decided to keep it in case the new team behind Toodledo does manage to surprise us.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 21, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Posted by MM1772:
Posted by Ummagumma:

However, if you were ok with using the plaintext Toodledo notes, then looks like you don’t need any of that added functionality. Why don’t just use plaintext or Word /Doc notes saved in OneDrive or Google Drive ?

Yes, for the most part I'm okay with plain text notes; if I need something more full-featured (for example, a draft of an article I'm writing), I'll save it in Word on either Office online or Dropbox. But usually I have lots of smaller plain-text notes.

BTW, getting notes out of OneNote is doable, you can export them to PDF.

True, but let's say I want to use another note app (maybe one with different features). I don't see PDF a lot as a supported input type.

For the past hour I've been looking at Simple Note (so far my preference) and Standard Notes. Simple Note has a better "escape plan" of plain text files, one per note. Yes, it's true that plain text is not always an import option, but I have seen it (Nimbus Note, Standard Notes). Standard Notes, however, has a better security story: notes are encrypted in storage.

I'm running out of time to do any more research :( I may end up flipping a coin :)

Looks to me like keeping notes in plaintext or word documents on OneDrive (or GDrive, Dropbox etc) is your best bet, no need to complicate things by using a wrapper on top of your data. It’s cross platform, searchable, future proof (since you are using files in standard common formats), can be easily moved to any other service or backed up.

The only reason I use OneNote is because I really like the extra functionality it provides, it helps me to organize my data better, I want my notes and file attachments and screenshots and voice notes in one place on the same screen. Otherwise, I’d just use a word editor for my notes. I believe that with most online storage services now providing image and document OCR search functionality, Evernote and OneNote are really losing much of their attractiveness to an average user. OneNote still has a good use case, especially in the workplace, the way it’s integrated into Windows and Office. But if you don’t need that level of integration, Word / text in OneDrive should work just fine.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 21, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Posted by MM1772:
I'm just wondering if anyone has found a good substitute for Toodledo's Notes module (not the task notes, but the notebook notes). Toodledo has said they don't plan to do much development on this feature because there are so many other options out there, which -- to me -- makes good business sense at this point.

I've looked at SimpleNote, Standard Notes, and Zoho Notes. I didn't really like Zoho Notes, so I crossed that off the list.

Standard Notes was okay and has a good encryption story, plus automatic backup, but it's open source and I don't know how long the project would continue (yes, it's true that many open source projects last much longer than commercial projects, but...) The big drawback was that it wasn't clear to me how I could move to another app if I wasn't happy with them or if they disappeared. Having spent a lot of time researching and trialing other apps, I don't want something I can't leave easily.

SimpleNote is also at least partially open source, but the company that provides it, Automattic, also created WordPress.com, so I don't think they're going to go away soon. Their support group was very helpful when I asked about a Toodledo Notes import. Though they don't have a specific import for it, they suggested I try their text file import. This, however, involves saving each note as a .txt file. You can get to that point by exporting the notes as .CSV, then opening the CSV file and stripping out the columns you don't need. Basically, the only column their import uses is the Notes column itself, so you lose the note title and folder. If you know VBA (or know someone who does), you can write a little script that instead writes the folder name as a tag (for example, #HomeRepair) in the note body, and then saves the note using the title as the filename. To make the Title into a valid filename, you have to do a search and replace on all the entries in the Title column and changing all spaces and special characters to a hyphen or underscore. I'm probably not explaining it clearly enough, and there are probably quicker ways to do it, but you get the general idea: It *can* be done with a little work, and support is very helpful. I had 600+ notes, but I saved only 300 as text. I've imported a few of those as a test.

Why didn't I just go with OneNote? I didn't see a good way to export if I wanted out. (I might have missed something, though.)

Why didn't I go with Evernote? Same thing. Also, I keep hearing rumors that they're not doing so well or that they're focusing so much on the business audience that soon there won't be lower-cost plans for the individual user. None of these rumors seem well-founded, but, as I said, I don't want to go through this again right away.

The biggest thing about OneNote and Evernote is the ability to do things other than just note taking. For me, it’s the support for file attachments and voice notes.

However, if you were ok with using the plaintext Toodledo notes, then looks like you don’t need any of that added functionality. Why don’t just use plaintext or Word /Doc notes saved in OneDrive or Google Drive ?

BTW, getting notes out of OneNote is doable, you can export them to PDF.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22      Next