Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2018
  • Score: 0
Okay, I have a question, and it's about this:
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data), generally for seven years after a transaction for tax purposes.
Which law says that you have to keep that information "generally for seven years"?
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 2
Posted by user50:
Thanks. I was wondering about the old policy which, BTW, said this:
If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page, and notify our users, so that our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Purveyor

Score: 3
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 3
There's a new Toodledo Privacy Policy, effective October 22, 2018.

There are several references to using customer data for advertising and marketing.

Edited: No question here. Just useful information.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
Posted by frogboy:
Then for a good while there will be at least 7 different functionalities between the users.
Yup, that's interesting.
There's pricing and there's functionality. I suppose it's not too difficult to have the system keep track of both and adjust a user's access accordingly. Seems though that it would be simpler if there were just one free plan and three paid plans, with paying users continuing their current subscription with a new plan that has all of the features of their current plan. Then, when the subscription expires, the price will change to be the same as it is for new subscribers.

In any case, I thought that the one-week limit for the Standard Plan (at $36/year) was a mistake. It makes no sense to pay $60/year just to get task history longer than one week. But, Aaron has responded (after several comments about the one-week limit) and he didn't say anything about it.
Purveyor

Score: 3
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
  • Score: 3
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Toodledo team, can you please answer to this thread?
That's part of the problem. There's been practically no support in the forums since the new owners took over.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
I think that they're just bumbling around and they don't really know what they're doing.

The old prices are still available if I go to My Subscription but, if I'm not logged in (using another browser), the subscription page shows the new prices for the current plans.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Posted by swilson_1324076645:
Hopefully there will be some serious "re-thinking" of these decisions, before it's too late if it isn't already too late.
I think that the pricing will be revised to include something like the current Silver subscription for $25 to $30 per year, and perhaps $50 to $60 for the top tier, along with a reduced feature set for the free plan. It would be nice gesture if current paying subscribers could continue their service for one more year at the current price.

This would lead to a significant gain in revenue: more money from current subscribers and some additional income from those free users who are now willing to pay 8 cents a day for some features that make their lives easier. Based just on price (and some actual feature improvements in the next few months), there should be relatively few users jumping ship.

The problem is dealing with the negative feelings (disappointment, anger, lack of trust) towards the new owners. Not only will it result in lost subscribers, it will interfere with "spreading the word" about how great Toodledo is.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by smatics:
Funny that you mention IQTELL - I was also a very early user of that service, and thought it could potentially be the ultimate productivity tool. I had a similar reaction to what is happening here when IQTELL announced their way too high pricing (in my opinion) for the service when it came out of beta. I thought a better strategy for them would have been to offer a reasonable plan that would increase the number of users and allow them to build a successful business. Instead, they had the arrogance to assume that all of their beta users would absorb a cost that was way more than the market would bear. A couple of years later, they unceremoniously shut down. Obviously, their strategy was flawed, and I see that same level of arrogance here, and I suspect this will bring about the same end result.
Interesting article: Why I went from IQTell to Todoist.

There's an opportunity for Toodledo to do what IQTell attempted. Something worth paying for.

Purveyor

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 9
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 9
With no improvements. Period.

BTW, you are not "grandfathered". You have paid for services until November 2019.

In his email, Aaron says: "These plan changes will not affect your current pricing schedule throughout the duration of your current subscription; you are grandfathered into your current plan until your next renewal date."

As aleding points out:
The new folks are simply honoring the existing contracts already in place and which pricing expires at the end of the existing term. That's not grandfathering - as I said that's called honoring a contract. To not do so would be a breach and possibly lead to litigation.

The Wikipedia article on Grandfather clause offers a good definition:
A grandfather clause (or grandfather policy) is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations while a new rule will apply to all future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights, or to have been grandfathered in.

Purveyor

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • Purveyor
Posted by cspence:
But with new owners that don't have a lot of business sense - this does not look like a viable product in the long term.
Hope they are better programmers than business strategists.
They are not programmers. They bought a business and they expect a sufficient return on their investment.

It remains to be seen how successful their strategy will be.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by aaron.c.salls:
We decided to share this because historically, it was focused investment in Tasks that made Toodledo valuable to you, and that investment had waned over time. No more. We are getting back to the core of what makes Toodledo great and refocusing our efforts around task management.
This implies that the non-Task components of Toodledo (Outlines, Lists, Habits and maybe even Notes) will be discontinued.

Take a look at the current features for each subscription level and compare it with the recently-announced changes. No mention of Outlines, Lists and Habits in the new subscriptions.

Edited to add:
I see that AA expressed similar concerns in this post: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25931/-117315/read.html#jump

Purveyor

Score: -2
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Purveyor

Score: 4
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 4
Posted by user50:
The lack of updates, the poor iOS apps and the empty promises in these forums were bad enough but the dramatic price increase is the final nail.
Along with the almost complete lack of support in the forums.
The classy thing to do would be to release the "great new features" and then talk about price increases but the new owners might have become impatient and started grabbing before giving.
I agree.

Sam, the owner who said “I'll be super active in this forum, answering as many questions as possible” has disappeared. This is what he said when he announced the proposed changes to pricing:
Posted by Sam
More likely than not, this won’t be so much of a pricing change, but combining the Gold and Platinum package.
Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25975/0/toodledo-update-1.html

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2018
"LET'S MAKE TOODLEDO THE WORLD'S BIGGEST PRODUCTIVITY TOOL!"

Do you mean bigger than Microsoft Office and G Suite?
Or do you mean bigger than Slack, Trello and Asana?
Maybe you mean bigger than Evernote and Todoist.

Also, you might want to clarify what you mean by "refer someone".

On your Careers/Jobs page, there's no info about what you require for an Android engineer.
Also, you say: "Our mission is to make Toodle the biggest and best productivity in the world".
There are several other errors.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2018
BTW, one thing that is broken is the list of topics in this forum.

After my previous post, the list shows the right time for the Last Post but it shows that it was posted by "Toodledo".
Purveyor

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2018
Late last year, in response to Toodledo Needs a Project Manager, Jake wrote this:
We have thousands of tasks on our to-do list with estimated lengths for each one. Adding them all up and we have enough work on our to-do list to keep us busy for 10 years. And we're adding new tasks daily.
The problem was not lack of ideas. It was lack of resources and, to some extent, lack of expertise.

In the Future Plans announcement, Jake wrote this:
There are still a lot of ways that Toodledo can grow and improve, but I feel like I personally have taken Toodledo as far as I can take it. Now, it's time for me to step back and let some new talent take it further.
Toodledo is not "broken" but there are many ways that it can be improved. One thing that the new owners can do is compile a short list from the thousands of feature requests and get some user feedback about priorities.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 26, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2018
Posted by Sam:
We’ve come to the conclusion that people love the product as is and that adding new features should not the #1 priority at the moment.
How did we come to this conclusion? By speaking with you all! We did multiple surveys, calls, shared emails, and more.

Hre are some results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uuxJcDRlCIUvRSvl5IVQF2TmAgGhKl2u/view?usp=sharing
213 responses??

How many Toodledo users are there?
Purveyor

Posted Jul 25, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2018
Posted by GSP1963:
New Owners:...

Is Toodledo your main focus on a day-to-day basis? Or is it part of a portfolio of projects you've got underway?
No response after three days. It looks like you've received your answer: Sam and the guys are busy with other things.

In any case, it doesn't really matter what the new owners say. What matters is what they actually do.

They have a plan. We'll find out soon what it is.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 18, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2018
Zenkit looks interesting. It is a customizable relational database that can be used for something like this: CRM for Sales.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 17, 2018 in: Subtasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2018
Take a look at this Help topic: Subtasks, Display options:
Choose hidden to hide all subtasks. This will show only the parent tasks. To temporarily view the subtasks, click the icon adjacent to the task.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next