ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by TheGriff"
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Easier Display of Folders
Score: 0
@Toodledo

Might I suggest folder categories and a folder drop down list? I envision having categories that could be expanded in the drop down box to reveal the actual folders.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: SERIOUS ABOUT ALARM TIME???
I think you are confused. The app on the iPhone and the website are two different animals.

The website is what costs $15/year for the pro features, one of which includes custom alarms.

The iPhone app can then take advantage of the custom alarms.

Personally I have the Pro Plus subscription ($30) and the Toodledo iPhone app (~$5).

You can also get a free trial of the Pro features...just click on the Pro Subscription link in the upper lefthand corner.

I personally am more than happy to pay my subscription fee to keep Toodledo not only open but actively worked on. If it's really that much of a hardship I will buy you the Pro subscription for a year. If you are just being cheap I'd suggest seriously considering re-thinking your solution. For me the subscription more than pays for itself on a daily basis.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 10, 2009 in: Starred in Booklet
Would like to see an option to print starred items as a page in the booklet. Any chance this could be done?
TheGriff_2

Are you sure this can be done on iPhone? Apple has put in requirements that strictly limit how long an application has to "save itself" before the iPhone takes control and does a forceful end.
TheGriff_2

Score: -1
I'd rather see Toodledo integrate with it's own notebook better. Never did see the use for evernote...WAY too complicated for basic time management.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 05, 2009 in: Feature suggestion: recategorize
You can do this manually now.

1. Make sure the "new" context is created.
2. Create a search for all tasks in the "old" context. Make sure you remove the default 'checked off' parameter so you get all tasks.
3. Once the items are displayed click the 'multi-edit' link.
4. Click the box next to 'Context' and then select the "new" context.
5. Apply the change.
6. Delete the old context.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 04, 2009 in: Notebook only folders
I realize this may be fairly specific to my situation, but it'd be helpful.

I'd like a flag per folder that indicates whether it's used only for notebook entries.

This would help me in managing view within the todo list by filtering out things like "Tips/Tricks" and "TM Tips" from my different clients.

I like the way I can use the name of a client as a folder that'll show up in both the todo pane and notebook so please don't separate the folders.
TheGriff_2

OH! I forgot to mention goals.

Goals could be used to manage your project as well. Let's take that "Determine Input Fields needed" task.

You could have that under a "Major Windows" parent task. That Major Windows parent task could be "under" a short-term goal of "Design System" with a tag of "Design GUI".

In the end I think you are just looking for ways to figure out what's what. Tags are certainly your friend when it comes to organization but keep in mind that making things too complicated will cause you to work on the system more than the tasks within the system.

You mentioned folders as well. Personally I use them for the clients I have as a consultant. But even when I was in the corporate world I had clients. Supply chain, AP, HR, etc.

You should explore goals for the Career folder you mentioned. Inventory Project could just be a tag...or if you prefer not to use the client methodology a folder. Not sure what ABC Cleaners is about. ;-)
TheGriff_2

So it seems you have everyone stumped! Sorry to see no one has replied.

In my opinion you are nesting things too deeply...making the whole process more complicated than it needs to be. You are thinking in terms of an MS Project style project plan where things can go 20 levels deep. GTD really seeks to simplify things, not make them more complicated.

Ultimately your tasks are:

I do understand the desire/need to track where those tasks fall in the "greater scheme of life" so I have a few suggestions that may help. Also I'm going to assume you're a Pro subscriber. If you aren't I would highly suggest you upgrade.

I'd combine your last two sections into subtasks under the items you listed second. An example...

Design GUI (parent task - I'd use a _Project context)
(subtasks)
- Determine Input Fields needed for Major Windows
- Determine Display fields needed for Major Windows
- Determine which common fields need to be used for Major Windows

You could use tags to indicate what level of the project each parent and child fall under. I think for the parent and children listed above the tag would be Design System.

If you don't like losing the "Major Windows" layer of nesting you could always add that as another tag. So your task would be "Determine Input Fields" under the "Design GUI" parent with tags of "Design System, Major Windows".

Using this method you would be able to run reports (searches) based on each level of the project which is what I think your ultimate goal is.

I hope this gives you a start...feel free to ask questions, I'll be around.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 04, 2009 in: SERIOUS ABOUT ALARM TIME???
I agree with your frustration...the description for the iPhone app does not indicate the alarm functionality is limited without a Pro account. They could be clearer for sure.

However you should note there is MUCH more that comes with a Pro subscription as shown here: https://www.toodledo.com/pro.php.

If you believe Toodledo would be the best app for todos then why not explore going Pro? I mean $15/year is an amazing price for the extra features in my opinion.
TheGriff_2

Any chance you'd be willing to let us in on the apps you think are very close to having you switch? It's always nice to compare/contrast.
TheGriff_2

Posted Dec 04, 2009 in: Tweet updates vs. Facebook
I'm not using Twitter as much these days but the plan is to use it as my more "professional" space. Facebook gets the personal stuff.

I use the selective twitter app in Facebook to update Facebook from Twitter only when I want that to happen.
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: Gift subscriptions
And it appears this is now a reality...Thanks for putting it in! Now to find someone who wants to give me a birthday present. LOL

Posted by Toodledo:
Just in time for the holiday season, it is now possible to give a Toodledo subscription as a gift. Just go to our Upgrade page and type in the recipient's email address to purchase a gift subscription.

This also works for corporate accounts, where the person who does the purchasing is not the person using the account.
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: Give Toodledo as a Gift
Wish I had thought of that. ;-)
TheGriff_2

Hey Ken...I believe I remember you as well...though I thought there were two Ken's.

It's interesting to me that I think Toodledo was what Jeff had in mind all those years ago. At the time I just couldn't see it but now I couldn't live without it.

Welcome aboard!
TheGriff_2

Maybe I'm a bit naive here...but only tasks that MUST be done on a certain date have a due date.

So for me it's just a matter of looking at the list by Due Date and I see what must be done today.
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 14, 2009 in: Make the forums more forum like?
I'd be willing to help Toodledo setup phpBB for the forums...have good experience with it having run a couple of community sites.
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 10, 2009 in: Suggestion: Quick Entry for New Tasks
Score: 1
Gotta add my vote...if for no other reason than it'll get me to memorize the shortcuts. ;-)
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 10, 2009 in: Import Palm Memos to Notebook?
Score: 1
If you can get your notes out to a CSV file...and I believe Palm Desktop will do that...you can import them into Toodledo. I'm not sure about maintaining the categories (folders) though. When I did my import I wound up having to go re-categorize everything but I blame user error.

I too would like to see Notebook integration on the iPhone app. You may want to look at the Notebook app by Appigo (sp?). I use that to sync everything between iPhone and Toodledo Notes.

The import stuff can be found here: https://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php

This message was edited Oct 10, 2009.
TheGriff_2

Posted Oct 04, 2009 in: Gift subscriptions
Alright Jake...the way I see it you have 82 days for this feature request.

Fairly straight forward...but I think it'd be cool if one could give the gift of Toodledo (Pro) this holiday season.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next