ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by garyo"
garyo

Score: 0
  • garyo
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2009
  • Score: 0
Just a thought: if I'm at home, so my current context is Home, I'd like new tasks to default to context=Home, folder=Personal, due=Today, pri=Low; whereas if I'm at work, I'd like new tasks to default differently (context=Work, folder=None, due=Tomorrow,pri=Medium).

I think if this were done, entering a properly categorized task would be as simple as:
1. Click "Add Task"
2. Type task
3. Hit Add Task button (keyboard shortcut for this would be awesome!)

To do this, TD would have to elevate the context filter to a more global concept of "current context", moving the whole app toward being location-aware. The next step would be one-click context switch ("I'm home now").
garyo

Score: 1
  • garyo
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2009
  • Score: 1
Another vote for native Android client. TooDo (3rd party client) has problems due to trying to be "agnostic" (it syncs w/ RTM and TD). Its terminology is different and doesn't have proper hotlist, importance, context filters, etc.

If Google Gears works out nicely, that would be fine instead; Gears is supposed to work on Android. It even supports geolocation AFAIK.

I also use Evernote but I'm not really sure I see how they would integrate. Someone would have to show me a use case.
garyo

• garyo
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2009
I'd like to try the firefox add-on, but I can't find it at addons.mozilla.org, only from your site (which Firefox can't check for updates, security, etc. -- I generally try to only use extensions from a.m.o). Any plans to upload your extension to the official place?
garyo

Posted Mar 16, 2009 in: Suggested layout mockup
  • garyo
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2009
In case it's relevant, I'd like to see a *lot* more customizability of this type. For instance, I don't need to see "1 Medium Priority" spelled out every time; after I've used ToodleDo for a few hours I get the -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 thing. The number by itself would be fine. In fact far better would be color-coding by priority, or a little color bar in front of the line (like RTM). Saves space, is clearer, less clutter.

Also I thought "Toggle Dividers" would turn the dividers on & off (I'd like them off), but it doesn't; it toggles their contents! Is that useful?

And is there a way to make nearby dates display as "Today", "Tomorrow" and "Yesterday"?

In the main screen, repeat should show as a little icon that you can click on to see the repeats, not a whole column dedicated just to that! (Especially in multi-line the little icon would be useful, just like priority.)

Could checking off a task strike-through its name?

I'm sure there's a lot more, but these UI issues seem to be the main issue for me with ToodleDo. Otherwise it's very nice! I'm still getting used to it, setting up saved searches and so on. The Firefox sidebar is very good, but haven't tried syncing it to my Android phone yet.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5