ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cj"
cj

Posted Mar 21, 2012 in: How to Cancel A Task That is Repeating?
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2012
  • Score: 0
I do the same thing... but the "it only takes 2 clicks" shows a bit of a lack of understanding the real user experience. There are lots of times where I need to change many dates in a row (due to the repeating issue the OP wrote, or for other reasons) - changing dates that I cannot do using the search/multi edit ... (dates may be different) - those TWO clicks end up being pretty time consuming. If those two clicks did not require us to FIND the proper links in the dropdown box that is in a DIFFERENT position for EVERY task in a list, then it might be tolerable.

As prior posts have requested - keyboard shortcuts for changing the dates (or at least shortcuts that don't require clicking an elusive dropdown box) would be a better option.

I know ... you can't comment, confirm or deny features on your roadmap.
cj

Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by cj:

and ToodleDo.... yeah yeah yeah, I know ... (in droning corporate voice): "Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation..."

Just curious. What is your recommendation that they do instead of their usual statement?

How about - "great idea. we're getting a lot of requests for that feature, and realize it is important to our users so we're moving it up the priority list for our next release"

happy?

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2012
That's a great idea for the Toodledo Development staff! (I'd love something similar for Dates, too!

ie. right there in the row: 3 radio buttons (or similar) next to the word (High-Medium...). I could merely click right from the interface without dropdowns (the english name should change automatically) ... and see both by the position of the buttons and/or the english names. This flavor of priority display should be one of the column options (when I am dragging and dropping my design layout). I would LOVE this...

Also ... something similar for dates. There's a lot a good designer/coder can do with this (better ideas than mine) but in this case I'd love to see a column option where I could display a radio button (click the dot, right?) ... where I could QUICKLY change the due date to today, tomorrow, or next week.

Great idea Damon ... I am just extending it to other fields and adding a vote that someone do this with a script or that Toodledo add it.

and ToodleDo.... yeah yeah yeah, I know ... (in droning corporate voice): "Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation..."
cj

Posted Feb 07, 2012 in: Skipping Repeating Tasks
  • cj
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2012
Actually, I have the same request too, but maybe have been a little embarrassed to ask. The "optionally on" modifier does not solve the problem in my case (and perhaps the original poster):
For example, if I have on my list a daily workout (a repeating task, daily, that also contributes to the goal "lose 25 pounds."... Or something like that) -- then, as expected and desired, the Workout task appears every day, and if I actually do the workout that I would like to check it off as complete (for the day), and if I didn't do the workout, I would like to check it off as skip or something like that. This way, I can see the "chain" accurately in the "organize goals" section...
if I use "optionally on" then two things happen: the skipped workout appears the next day as something that I should have done yesterday (e.g. A late task) as opposed to the current task of the day. Also, I believe the "optionally on" feature kind of screws up, when it comes to tracking the chain.
cj

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: Multi-Edit and Recurrence
  • cj
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
I've searched the forums but could not quite find where this particular question has been asked or answered.
Regarding Search and Multi-edit - specifically multi-edit (search and replacing) dates.

For instance if I want to replace all Start Dates with corresponding Due Date for each task.

I know it's easy to replay all with "today" or "tomorrow" but in this case I wanted to reference the other date field "DueDate"

any suggestions on how I can achieve this?
cj

Posted Dec 07, 2011 in: A few bug fixes
Score: -1
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2011
  • Score: -1
Thanks! How about some sort of shortcut for advancing the date when the calendar pop-up is open. It's such a pain and slows down entry when I have to choose a different day ... like going 60 miles an hour and hitting a huge speed bump.

Yes yes, i know - you "can't comment on a timeframe for implementation" ... ; )
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2011
+1
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2011
+1

Multiedit everywhere ...
(along with searches with filters/sorting that is unique just to that search

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2011
+1
Really need this! So much so, that I am starting the OTD movement (Occupy ToodleDo) until we get what we want ...

This message was edited Oct 28, 2011.
cj

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Repeat
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2011
I want this feature too....
One probekm I see with the "delete it when you're done" strategy is that, if I am using the goal setting/tracking and I delete the repetitive task, the 'chain' gets deleted too... No?
cj

Posted Aug 30, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2011
I too like the idea off synching with google tasks. And to reinforce what others are saying: I love toodledo and have been a pro subscriber for over 2 years, I don't want give up the functionality or organization of toodledo ... but Gmail (and other google products) are the ones I use most frequently on an hourly even min by min basis. I have many other apps (such as on my ipad and driod) that have convenient one-stop integration of all my google apps. While I can sometimes add in toodledo as a gadget, many times I cannot, or rather google-tasks is more integrated (it sucks, but I don't blame them for integrating). So, if toodledo were integrated or otherwise connected to google tasks, that would be just another thing to make life easier.
cj

Posted Aug 19, 2011 in: Tags
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2011
While we're on the subject of tags ...
I am perplexed that I have not seen this issue mentioned - at least when I search these forums:

+ when I click on "View by Tag" ... yes, the tasks that are tagged are displayed but also the future tasks as well.
NO, "Show future tasks" isn't checked.

+ the future tagged tasks that are displayed, seem to have something to do with that they are sub-tasks. But they are still due in the future. I can "hide subtasks" but then substask that are due today get hidden.

What am I doing wrong?
cj

Posted Jun 15, 2011 in: Problems w/Email or Dial2Do
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2011
I look forward to hearing what they will say. So far, their responses to me have been to imply the problem is with toodledo. Solving this will remove a major pain ... Thanks!
cj

Posted Apr 18, 2011 in: Problems w/Email or Dial2Do
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2011
I use toodledo via dial2do (voice transcription) about 50% of the time. The interface between the two services uses toodledo's e-mail interface, and usually works "OK" ... recently I've been trying to get it to work more than okay, by getting toodledo to recognize due dates and contexts.

So, for instance I would record a message that says "take out the garbage #today @personal"

If I merely say"take out the garbage today" toodledo interprets it as "take out the garbage" with a due date of "today" - which is fine, but I'd rather be more specific.

But every time I try to insert "@personal and/or #today" - dial2do transcribes it correctly, but when it tries to pass this on to toodledo I get the error message from dial2do as:

"Failed Toodledo Login
Please check the Toodledo username/password you registered with Dial2Do as we were unable to send the following message: Take out the garbage @personal #today"

But if I send other messages (immediately or later)without the special characters they show up OK ....

So the conclusion right now is that the email interface is rejecting the special characters ... I cannot control the interface between toodledo and dial2do (and I have already emailed them) but I was hoping someone here could provide insights or a solution

Thanks!

CJ
cj

Posted Aug 14, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2010
I agree on this ... the feature is "sharing" not "giving" (sharing means we both can use it, in case some adults never learned this as children)

right now I am having a horrific time trying to get this properly, and I echo the frustrations vented on at least a half dozen different threads.

Once I run into one brick wall with the sharing "feature" and try one of the possible work-arounds, there's another limitation that prevents the workaround from working (or being practical).

Can we just start simple? When I want to share with someone, we can both see the task. This concept of flipping back and forth between collaborators is a convoluted, well, joke.

I love toodledo and all the functionality and UI - I am glad the sharing functionality is pretty much relegated to one tab and one "collaborator" link, otherwise it would really bring down the quality of the entire product by several dozen percentage points.

the funny part is, the functionality is not buggy at all - it's merely seems as if no actual users were involved in specifying this feature.

Well, here we are, loudly "specifying" that the feature does not work the way we work.

I just wanted to share my thoughts here, since I can't effectively sharing anything else using toodledo ; )

This message was edited Aug 14, 2010.
cj

Posted Aug 04, 2010 in: How do I move mutiple tasks to folder
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
Have you tried the Multi-Edit feature on the search tab?

Thanks. This *might* work for a big, one-time change ... it would be ideal if this multi-edit feature were on every tab - not just the obscure search tab.

Thanks for turning me on to this feature ... after 2 years I never noticed it!
cj

Posted Aug 03, 2010 in: Dial2do and default new task values
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2010
I've got the same issue - except that I don't see where the box is for "Also use these defaults for tasks added via email or twitter"

Also
Anyone know how - via Toodledo - to dictate the priority, content or due date? (I am not sure this is possible - but I DO know that 75% of the time if I say "tomorrow" or "today" toodledo picks this up and changes the due date so I was wondering if anyone knew of a reliable way to create new tasks via dial20do and have toodledo detect the right context and date,

thanks
cj

Posted Aug 03, 2010 in: How do I move mutiple tasks to folder
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Posted by nancyawhite:
1.I have multiple tasks I created with no folder. I have now added a folder and want to move all these tasks to that folder without using the hand and draging over several pages.

2. Also, can I change the font size for viewing my tasks on the web?

Thank you for your help!!!

I've got similar issues ... whether they are uncategorized folders, contexts etc ... the issue is when I have LOTS of stuff move (or delete) I cannot do it.

Before everyone jumps on this - I am a pretty experience Pro user myself for at least a year and a half, maybe longer. There are valid reasons for mass delete or moving to a context etc ... PARTICULARLY since the sharing/collaboration is so quirky ... or rather horrible! (remember, I am a rabid fan).

so - to be able to move / change all contexts, folders, or plain delete multiple items (or change their dates) would be very useful
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2010
Posted by Peter S...:
+1 !

++1
cj

Posted May 17, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • cj
  • Posted: May 17, 2010
Posted by saskia.x:
Posted by Colin:
I would love the ability to easily clear all tags. If there were a little "X" at the right of the text box that you could click on to clear the box's contents, that would be perfect. That would make it a lot easier to switch from one tag to another.

Couldn't you just use Ctrl+A & delete? Or if you tend to use your mouse more, triple click in the field & then delete. It seems a bit unnecessary to clutter up the interface any more than necessary for something that can be achieved so easily already.

I too really would like the capability to clear tags ... I love the new tag window ... but for me, I would like to quickly tag or untag individual tags but simply clicking on the tag link in that window (toggle on or off). Right now, if I have a list of 5 tags, separated by commas (perhaps 1 is a mistake) then it is a real PAIN to select and delete the one tag I don't want.

If this were just about correcting mistakes in the tag list I would not say anything. it is more about being able to quickly add or remove tags at will.

It is indeed a pain. In the grander scheme of things, of course it seems trivial I can live with it, just like I live with migraines. But managing that tag window is a relatively high inconvenience - (now worse because the popup window can disappear in the process of switching from mouse to keybd).

Being patient and hoping that one minor, incremental fix will turn this feature from an annoyance into a huge productivity boost.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next