ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by frogboy"
frogboy

Posted Aug 14, 2017 in: syncing with desktop apps
Score: 0
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2017
  • Score: 0
@jake any advances with the 2do Developer?

Still no change in their latest updates.

Though tbh designing a browser wrapper (like RTM does) for Mac, Win, Linux would be doable and a better bet long term.

Though looking fwd to the new iOS app.......
frogboy

Posted Aug 09, 2017 in: Notes Editor
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2017
I am on a mac, so just type up something in pages/text edit or apple notes, then copy and paste across

Or create some manual templates and create half a dozen dummy notes, for future use - so all the text editing is there already (titles, bold etc)

Depends on work flow, but I tend to use my TD notes for reference so within TD only ever need minor edits.

I agree either a tool bar or template chooser could be useful - but there are work arounds which aren't the end of the world.
frogboy

Posted Jul 23, 2017 in: syncing with desktop apps
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2017
2do is good. Though it's manual sync - apparently @Jake is talking with the developer of 2Do to allow auto sync/refresh.

That issue aside it's the best option ATM. Though you can just use the browser or build a specific browser app from Fluid etc.
frogboy

Posted Jul 21, 2017 in: ios request: Auto Background Sync
Score: 1
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2017
  • Score: 1
Syncing via apples push server would be best?
frogboy

Posted Jul 20, 2017 in: How long do you keep deleted items?
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2017
I keep for a few months. Have an ifttt recipe that logs them in google drive.
frogboy

Posted Jul 20, 2017 in: For when new iOS
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2017
Suspect Jake has been very busy! Lot of coding under the hood.

Hopefully it's soon I agree; the old tasks feature is slow, clunky & a battery hog in iOS....

Great things take time though...
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2017
Just noticed the new Calender - it's great! Thanks Jake :)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2017.
frogboy

Posted Jul 13, 2017 in: Attachments on Android / IOS
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2017
You do it via the web interface. I believe the mobile apps should be updated soon ...
frogboy

Score: 3
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2017
  • Score: 3
Just create a few tasks with negative priorities, add all your tags to them. The todos won't show - your tags will still exist ;)
frogboy

Posted Jun 30, 2017 in: dropbox links
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2017
you can add a dropbox link in the task notes; thats what I do...

Though notes dont show in the daily email :(
frogboy

Posted Jun 29, 2017 in: Major sync issues
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2017
@Jake did you get any headway with the 2Do developer? If we could have push sync as per most other Mac/iOS/android todo apps that would be great.
frogboy

Posted Jun 29, 2017 in: June 29th Server Outage
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2017
S**t happens, Jake. Not end of the world.

Great of you to be so professional as always.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2017.
frogboy

Posted Jun 22, 2017 in: Will 2Do sync in background ?
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2017
Could someone tell the 2Do dev about this? Frequent sync, not manual sync, on the MacOS version of 2Do would be great.

His twitter is @2doapp

iOS version does background refresh...

This message was edited Jun 22, 2017.
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2017
For what it's worth I have also looked at "remember the milk" and things 3

I am thinking of using things 3 for my "overview" general day to day working and TD for planning of discrete advanced projects.

The iCal feed for TD can be seen in iCal from Things 3; plus I can use Siri very easily.

A free remember the milk does a native sync with Evernote, which is very useful and has iCal feeds and RSS for every group, saved search etc

In my my mind TD is clumsy but excellent it can contain most of my important structured data - unrivalled for what it is.

Nothing's perfect you just have to work around stuff.

let's just hope the iOS tasks page for TD gets its update soon; old one is looking decidedly 2009 - that's my main beef ATM.
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: May 03, 2017
Thanks Jake,

Really most keen that I can get notes from tasks to be in hotlist or email export; attachments are less of an issue.

I used Toodledo ages ago, have returned (from using Things) and sure previously the text notes were in the daily hotlist email.....
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2017
I realise we can't get task attachments back out by email - but the task notes? Just the text.

I like to include links, urls to Dropbox files etc in my task notes - it would be amazing to get them in my daily hotlist.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere... ?
frogboy

Posted Apr 25, 2017 in: Maps (browser) in beta
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Just placed all my locations as US only. Still not useable. Still zeros on the wrong continent. Try with UK only locations, same again... scrolling, then looses location and you have to start again.

Switching back old version - works fine - so browser/geolocation not the issue.

In my location list, I should be able to select and it automatically zooms to that location like it did before - can also see nearby pins.

An overview option with all locations, centralised view is good, but not useable as you describe.

Also the white tags are confusing especially when you have a lot in a compact geographical area; the red pins were better along with the blue dot to donate current location. Seeing distance from current location in old version doesn't seem to be so obvious in new interface.

The new version of maps is not useable ATM, so will have to refresh to old version for this function.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2017.
frogboy

Score: 4
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2017
  • Score: 4
@RWalsh any chance you could repost those Dropbox links? Be keen to read your guide. They don't seem to work any more! Thank you :)
frogboy

Posted Apr 21, 2017 in: Maps (browser) in beta
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Maps are still glitchy. Gone from always being placed in Nebraska now then having to scroll to the east, now I am get plonked in Afgnasitan - so have to scroll to the west.

The original maps (non beta) with the red pins was spot on, worked well. Chose a location, it takes you there.

I really use the geolocation feature (visually rather than with alarms) - so while beta has a better interface for most things the maps feature is almost unusable....
frogboy

Posted Apr 17, 2017 in: New Layout
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2017
@Jake the map function (browser from iOS) seems better. Still not as instant and as clear as before. The red pins were better imho. Still need to zoom in...

Cheers

Frogboy
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next