ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben"
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 27, 2019 in: Couple of Issues with Subtask views
Score: 0
Hi kiwiSri

Just fyi

Anant got back to me in this other thread that you can use the html img tag to include an image in your forum posting.

Including image in Toodledo forum posting
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 26, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
Hi Linden,

That's very unfortunate if you are hitting the bug in a different manner.

Anant said they were trying to close/identify the corner cases which might have slipped thru the cracks. Perhaps you hit a different one?

Are you using the control key prior to when the batch edit menu appears? That was the issue for the rest of us; when you do a reload, it won't fail again til you do a control sequence again.

But it sounds like the toodle team may be re-thinking this implementation and change it so <ctrl> is no longer co-opted.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Filed support ticket 72787 for this, as you requested, Anant.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=72787

The avi video I made with CamStudio to demonstrate by comparing new UI and legacy UI does not show the clearly slower new UI clearly at all, and actually, during playback, makes the legacy UI even appear sluggish when the due date dialog disappears instantaneously there.

Since the avi video ended up being 26.7 meg in size, the upload failed and I didn't bother making another video since it didn't demonstrate the problem clearly anyways. Let me know if you want me to.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Just wondering as was kiwiSri here as a picture is worth a thousand words and could make describing situations so much easier and clearer.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26855/0/couple-of-issues-with-subtask-views.html
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 26, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
Hi tft and TK,

The behavior you're hitting looks like the same bug I reported last week, which I don't see anymore, and (got the impression from others' comments, and mentions of their support ticket responses) has been fixed with a program modification.

Bug - Open/Close Task Notes doesn't work & opens Batch Edit menu

This message was edited Mar 26, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 24, 2019 in: Bug - in Task Note, '
Created Support Ticket 72759 for this.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1
I find the new interface laggy too.

I switched from the legacy interface recently because the tags cloud started showing up in reverse alphabetical order in the legacy tags list.

There's lots of new features in the new UI but it would be nice if response time hadn't seemed to have crept up so much.

My current example is setting a date on a task. I can count a good couple seconds every time I set a date in the new UI before I can get the time/date dialog window to disappear. I just tried it in the legacy UI and it goes away seemingly instantaneously. It's a bother.

Are others seeing that too?

This message was edited Mar 24, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 24, 2019 in: Bug - in Task Note, '
Correction -

Newly added left angle brackets only display correctly initially when going back and forth into edit mode for a task note.

If I reload the toodle page, then the behavior changes to same incorrect behavior as with all the other left angle bracket characters and the new ones also display as

&lt;

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 24, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
Here's a posting from the News forum relating to batch edit features recently rolled out.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26875/0/multi-select-for-batch-edit.html

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 23, 2019 in: Bug - in Task Note, '
Hi Anant,

It's only in tasks.toodle.com. Tried it yesterday in the old UI and doesn't happen there.

Thanks!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 22, 2019 in: Bug - in Task Note, '
Would anyone have any idea why recently added left angle brackets appear correctly when I go into edit mode in a Note but ones that were already there from earlier edits still continue to appear as "&lt;" ?

I'm wondering if in order to address this I need to copy out any existing note text that contains a left angle bracket and do a mass update and then copy it all back in. Wondering if there is a better/easier solution than that brute force one.

Thanks.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Boydston,

I'm not sure, but if you are still seeing the Batch Edit menu popping up when you do that, you may want to file a support ticket.

It's not entirely clear to me (since toodle doesn't exactly say clearly when they think something is resolved) but from Linden's posting above and the behavior I see in Toodle, I think Toodledo folks may think that this issue has been fixed and gone away.

It certainly seems (again from Linden's posting) that they updated production with some sort of change related to this.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Forum posting title should read:

Bug - In Task Note, '<' is converting to &lt;

Title was truncated

Ob-La-Di+ruben

When I edit a note, the angle bracket character "<" is converting to &lt;

Would just create a support ticket for this but cannot because my one ticket for a day has already been used to report the "sync failed" issue that Anant asked me to report.

&lt;find>
&lt;TAB>
&lt;Esc>
&lt;Add Tags>
&lt;cancel>

Makes the text pretty unreadable. Would appreciate it if this could be addressed.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Linden:

The fix has been pushed to the production site and the problem resolved for me there also. I have to say rubenB that they were very transparent and communicative in the ticket and handled communication well.

That's great news, Linden! Hopefully this issue has stabilized across the board.

My point regarding communication was an ongoing request for some widespread form of notice of where things stand that many of us can refer to, also without having to ask and ferret around (which is just a waste of everyone's time & creates lots of useless noise). With the mid-Feb database problems that drew on all afternoon/night, I'd really hope that we could get more than occasional "should be done in 1 hr" tweets with no followup. Left me, at least, very confused when the system was truly up and stable when nothing more was said after, there was no "all clear" notice was put out, etc. It seems that an effort is being made to say communicate something (which is great and laudable), but the important closure message at the end is left out. This was doubly confusing because getting back online was fitful and several times toodle seemed to be back up and running and then keeled over again. How are we to know when a final resolution is in effect?

It's great that big efforts seem to be getting made to do major upgrades and improvements to toodle. I am just left scratching my head a bit wondering what sort of process and regression testing suite is in place to ensure that existing product functionality is not broken as new updates are rolled out. Call me a luddite but the product as it stood wasn't the prettiest but it worked for me and a priority for me is to have it remain stable and so I can just go about my daily business. Lately it seems repeated instabilities keep popping up to derail me.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by alswl:
The Batch Edit menu is popping up when I use Ctrl+F for searching in Chrome. And I cannot close it.
Ugly frontend engineer team.

Wednesday night, when I was first encountering this problem, I also was doing Ctrl+F searches in Firefox. After that any mouse click on the task/note would only bring up the Batch Edit menu.

Mentioned this before & in support ticket but just adding again here too. No control key used with mouse clicks.

Reloading the page seemed to make the problem go away, for me. Did not see the problem anymore on Thursday, the next day.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Just for anyone who stumbles across this thread, looks like Anant posted a couple announcements in Forum > News on these topics a couple hours ago.

Not entirely sure if that means that that is the centralized place to reference for announcements. Before today, nothing had been posted there since November, 2018.

Thanks, though, Anant, for following up and posting those announcements that you said would be coming.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by rubenB:
The error dialog that pops up says

"Failed to fetch overdue tasks"

It's possible that there was a hiccup in my local LAN but presumably toodle initiates a couple retries before throwing that error?

Ok, I just got the error again on a completely different LAN so not tied exclusively to that other LAN that sometimes hiccups, as my previous post might have implied.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

No ctrl key from my end anywhere near my mouse click when I was having the problem. (Can't speak for the others).

But, I also haven't seen the error since yesterday.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

And thanks, Anand, for being responsive and getting back to us in the forum here. I realize it's kind of a thankless task and there's endless griping but hopefully you can also see that a bunch of us (and possibly many more who just don't say anything) are struggling out here, in part from a seeming dearth of proactive information/communication from the toodle team.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next