ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by jeff.templon:
@PeterW thanks. I had seen Nirvana, but the mobile web app put me off.

@Jeff - NirvanaHQ is about to start beta testing its new native iOS app so it won't be long before there is a good quality alternative that is built specifically for GTD.

I've just moved all my tasks over to Appigo's Todo Online. My main issue with Toodledo is project handling. I have other issues too such as lack of an proper inbox, general interface issues, lack of drag & drop, etc.

The move was painless... I already use Appigo Todo on my iPhone so just changed the sync settings and everything went to the new server. So far I am really liking it - similar to their iOS app, it is feature-rich yet maintains a simplicity of design that makes it easy and fun to use.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 13, 2012 in: How to set due date time
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2012
  • Score: 0
You need to enable the due time field in your settings.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 09, 2012 in: Mass move of tasks to a folder
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2012
Yes. Here is an outline of the steps needed to do this:

1. Create the new folder(s).

2. Go to the 'Search' view. Create a new search that will locate all of the tasks that you want to move.

3. Once the tasks are displayed, click on 'Multi-edit' and select 'Folder' with the checkbox and select the folder you want to move the tasks to.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2012 in: Skipping Repeating Tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2012
Posted by cj:
if I use "optionally on" then two things happen: the skipped workout appears the next day as something that I should have done yesterday (e.g. A late task) as opposed to the current task of the day.

No, it actually appears as a new task. At least it does for me.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 05, 2012 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by thelawnetwork:
I love this app but dread coming to the web. For the past 10 minutes I've just been trying to simply get tasks and subtasks to appear by simple drag and drop. No luck at all as nothing works the way you'd expect it to work.

It's not possible to manually sort tasks (i.e. into an ad-hoc order) but you can sort sub-tasks via drag & drop.

It's been asked for a lot, e.g:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2092/0/is-there-a-way-to-control-the-display-order-of-tasks.html
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2820/0/how-do-i-re-order-my-list-manually.html

...but we don't know when or if Toodledo will ever implement such a feature. At the present you can only sort tasks via the criteria in the drop-down menu although there are three levels.

BTW Toodledo doesn't respond to messages in this forum (might not read them either but don't know for sure) so you should re-post this in a new thread in the 'Questions' forum if you're looking for an official response.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2012
Posted by randywheeler:
The more I learn about GTD, the more I hear of the mobile app OmniFocus. Has anyone here used it? If so, is it worth the $20?

Omnifocus has a big following in GTD circles. I've never used it but have seen many posts in the official Dave Allen GTD forums so that might be a good place to ask this question.

Here is a link to the developer's page: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnifocus-iphone

From what I've read, Omnifocus can sync with the Mac version and can be synced with a server but not with Toodledo or any other online proprietary system. One of the reasons I use Toodledo is so I can access it at home (on my Mac) at work (on Windows) and when mobile with my iPhone. Omnifocus doesn't have an online access system that I can see.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Posted by Salgud:
Maybe it's not a common sense issue, maybe he's ESL.

He might be but his literacy is fine. I suspect it's a lead in to a spam post, e.g. link to a website selling computer components.

It's hard to believe that someone would create a Toodledo account (needed to post in the forums) in order to post an inane message like that.

The key component missing from his list is a case/cabinet. I bet the next post will be "I've found this case online at <URL>. Would it be a good one to buy?" with the hope that a bunch of people will click the link, generate site traffic, maybe pick up a few new customers.

I'll admit that I am a cynic. But I find a post like that in a place like this hard to believe.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Posted by sujunjuan44:
Can you let me know if i'm missing anything?

Yes, you need some common sense.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2012
Task counts are wrong for me (iPhone4).

Hotlist indicator shows 14 but there are actually 17 tasks in the list.

All Tasks shows 104 on main website, 103 on mobile.

Starred list count is correct.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 31, 2012 in: Out of Synch
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2012
One other quick way to check if you're out of sync is compare the task count that you see for "All Tasks" on both your Mac and iPhone. Are they the same?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 30, 2012 in: Out of Synch
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2012
When you say "running TD on your Macbook" do you mean accessing the website via a browser?

If so, then the only device that is syncing is your iPhone - it syncs with the website. Or are you running another app on your Macbook that syncs with the TD website?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
You can also use our new mobile website ( http://m.toodledo.com ). It is still in beta testing, but it will work offline and sync your WM phone directly to the website.

But this just syncing the browser, right? It's not going to sync the contents of WM's task app database with Toodledo is it?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2012
Posted by don_morgan:
I thought I read somewhere that there was a special site (or maybe browser settings?) to be able to view and use ToodleDo?

There are now two ways you can access Toodledo via a mobile browser, so maybe this will work for you on Blackberry?

The first is http://www.toodledo.com/slim which is the original mobile site. Basic but works reliably.

The second is http://m.toodledo.com which is still in beta (just announced last week) but has the benefit of storing your data on your device and therefore usable when you are not connected.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2012 in: Continuous syncing for Toodledo iPad
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2012
Posted by RachelHays:
I am having the same problem. I have both the iPhone and iPad apps, and even though I have the "Sync on Edit" selected on both, they are still not syncing tasks that I am adding on the website. I am having to click the "Sync" button on both of them. Any suggestions?

You might need to open a support ticket with Toodledo for this - I don't know why it's not working.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2012 in: Column reorder icon
  • PeterW 
Maybe this system switched Toodledo into multi-line mode. In which case you need to switch back to grid mode. Click the icon just left of the printer icon.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
No breakthroughs here but there is a solution. You need to sync your Outlook and WM phone via an Exchange server. This will provide you with exactly what you're looking for (calendar, tasks, email all kept in sync).

There are hosting services out there that do this for single users, e.g. http://www.sherweb.com/

Or do what lots of others have done and migrate over to iPhone. I did that and then switched from PC to Mac at home and keep everything in sync via iCloud. Works really well.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2012.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2012 in: Noob Question
  • PeterW 
Just go into settings --> synchronization on the iPad and enter your online account login details. Select when you want it to sync, e.g. on start, on exit, on edit or just leave it if you want manual (i.e. press the button to sync). All of your tasks will then by synced up to the server here. From then on, the iPad app remains in sync with the online site.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2012 in: Continuous syncing for Toodledo iPad
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2012
It's already there. Check your settings and enable 'sync on edit'.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 26, 2012 in: Using folders for roles and clients
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2012
You will probably have to try it out and see if it works for you. Many take this approach.

I tried it but found that this created artificial barriers that weren't helpful, e.g. a bunch of tasks could easily belong in more than one of the folders, and I can jump quickly between tasks anyway so don't necessarily "work in" one folder at a time.

I ended up using the GTD approach which categorises tasks along the lines of status (e.g. what can be done next, what is waiting for someone/something else, someday/maybe, etc) and using context to help refine what's possible at any given time or with a specific resource. I use tags to distinguish between business and personal.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2012.
PeterW 

Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by Salgud:
I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that this is what you've been working on these last few months. It seems to me that there are a lot of features that people are clamoring for more than this.

Join the club, Salgud! It has ever been thus around here.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next