ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by JCarl"
JCarl

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Use ToodleDo for team projects?
Score: 0
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2011
  • Score: 0
Salgud,

I would like to get your perspective and share some thoughts with you also. Email me if you would be available to have a chat. Here is one of my lesser used email addresses that I will monitor. [email protected].

Thanks

Jim
JCarl

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: Use ToodleDo for team projects?
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
No actually I actually like the clean look, rapid navigation and a number of other features. It is weak in email collaboration. I also like the GTD built into it. Yes I have done some workarounds but For the cost it is a pretty good system. Just depends if you want to pay more for any number of others that may have better formal collaboration features but will have their own level of complexity and issues. How big is your team, number of departments, number of simultaneous projects
JCarl

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: Use ToodleDo for team projects?
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
One other point addressed to Toodledo. If Toodledo would allow Collaborators to Add Folders there would be nearly no need to log into the dummy account. I am really hoping this happens soon.
JCarl

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Use ToodleDo for team projects?
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2011
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/10629/-52019/corporate-use-of-toodledo.html

We use it in a corporate environment as you will see in the post. I think that Toodledo is a great product for individual management and a good value for corporate. There are many other products available that usually charge $30-$50 per month per seat. Toodledo will need to improve their collaboration which I know they are committed to in order to widen their appeal to the corporate environment. To elaborate a little further on my corporate use if you are on a budget prohibiting the more corporate intense products I still would recommend the following:

1. Obtain dummy email and Toodledo Pro account for as many department levels as you desire to divide. This then provides Department or Segment or Team, then Folders, then Tasks, then Subtasks.

2. Invite your participants including yourself to share as collaborators in the dummy account. You will have to create Folders and some of the other fields in the dummy account but afterwards their would be little access as you would see everything in your account as would others who you give Folder permission.

3. You can have dummy account forward changes to anybody you want through the email.

4. I then use Tags using the initials of the employee.

5. I then have created Advanced Searches on the dummy database as follows:

1. Recently Added
2. Recently Modified
4. Recent Notes
5. Search by Tag or combination of Tags

All are available in standard Toodledo views but Advanced Searches let you specify the timeframes.

In the end it is a decent inexpensive team but will not be robust in emails. The trade off is that Toodledo has a great new interface and with the set up I specified their will be very rapid navigation etc. Notes will be limited to task content notes and the Notes that can by sorted by project.

I am sure I have given you way more than you asked but this is a corporate approach.
JCarl

• JCarl
I use Chrome and as long as you have checked the Remember Me it seems to work OK.
JCarl

• JCarl
I use the Tag field which I agree is a little messy as it is not able to be sorted and I believe is limited to 50. I use the initials of the resource. From there I have created an Advance search on individuals tags or combinations by Tags Contain (Initials)
JCarl

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Creating A Collaborative File Link
  • JCarl
I would like to be able to have a link to open a file. I know you can copy the URL of cloud storage like dropbox but I would like to be able when I send an email to a someone to copy and paste a link to a local network file or a cloud storage space.
Any suggestion?

I hope in the future Toodledo allows URL's and Links in the attachment section.
JCarl

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Please fix the left sidebar!
  • JCarl
If there is any "correction" to this I hope it is optional because I love the left sidebar especially in long list of Folders. I can understand preferences though.
JCarl

Posted Jul 19, 2011 in: Website Access Problem
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2011
This has never happened and have been using Toodledo for at least one year. It settled down after awhile and seems to be working OK. Some of the accounts recently added the Google Stylish and a skin but not all of them and all of them experienced the problem. Will keep an eye on it and see if it was just a fluke. Has anybody had a problem with Stylish and Skins. I eagerly anticipate the new UI which will probably eliminate any use of skins. Keep up the good product and improvements.
JCarl

• JCarl
The website came up scrambled. We had to sign out, wait for a second refresh of the sign in and sign back in. Key point is that this happened on computers that have never used Skins so I don't think it is a skin problem. It acts more like a site problem.

Thanks
JCarl

• JCarl
My whole company is trying to log into Toodledo with the screens coming up garbled. Is this a problem with the website. We recently started using Styles-Skins but did not have any problems for several day. Now everything comes up garbled.
JCarl

• JCarl
Could you please add the following to Hotlist Email and Collaboration update to make the notification much more informative:

1. Collaborator
2. Folder
3. Task if update is in regards to subtask

Without this information the notification need to be interpreted or look at because the description of the task or sub task may span multiple folders or collaborators.

Thanks
JCarl

Posted Jul 17, 2011 in: Folder duplication
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2011
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11131/0/how-to-create-repeating-projects-with-sub-tasks.html
JCarl

Posted Jul 16, 2011 in: Permanent Links
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2011
Could someone explain the use of permanent link and possibly point me to the Help section that may explain them

Thanks
JCarl

Posted Jul 15, 2011 in: New Skin for Toodledo
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2011
How do you uninstall if you don't like it
JCarl

Posted Jul 12, 2011 in: Problem w/E-Mail Reports & Subtasks
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2011
I have found a PDF print driver called Black Ice that can be configured to create a PDF output and open email with it as an attachment at the same time. It is a little pricey but does a great job of printing just about anything you want from Toodledo. The alternative of course is a free PDF creator like Bullzip, save the file and then email to self. Just some thoughts.
JCarl

Posted Jul 08, 2011 in: Toodledo Development Slowing Down?
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2011
As would I
JCarl

Posted Jul 07, 2011 in: Reordering checklists
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2011
Can they be rearrange if you just open Toodledo through Safari on the Ipad.
JCarl

Posted Jul 06, 2011 in: Folder Creation
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2011
Is there anyway to create a new folder by email or any other way without being in the account. I use surrogate gmail accounts like "Accounting Department" and I don't want to have to log in to do it. As far as I know Collaborators can not create Folders or Locations so I am looking for a way without signing out of my main account. Can you have duplicate Toodledo's open, Toodledo light or any other suggestions?

Thanks
JCarl

Posted Jul 03, 2011 in: Rollover incomplete tasks
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2011
My understanding is that in due date you can actually type the words today or tommorow. Would this work
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next