ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dannyw0011"
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 04, 2011 in: Adding a 'Time' to a task
Score: 0
Go to Account Settings > Fields/Functions Used: and turn on Due Time. I have the Pro subscription but believe this works in the free version also.
dannyw0011

I use Explorer and filter out my completed tasks. They don't show up. Have you by any chance changed your filter settings so that completed tasks aren't filtered out?
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 03, 2011 in: Rollover incomplete tasks
I would say it all depends on how you view and use due dates. If your due date is truly for a task that is due on a certain date, it is only appropriate for it to show as overdue once that date passes.

However, if you use due dates as a method to pop certain tasks up periodically, I would suggest another method. I personally use the star feature to indicate tasks I want to do today. When I was using Outlook, I set up a category named "Today" to accomplish the same purpose. With Toodledo, I would probably use a "Today" tag if the star wasn't available.
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 01, 2011 in: Sub folders/tasks?
Sub-folders...no. Sub-tasks...yes, with the Pro account.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 30, 2011 in: Notebook App
Check out Ultimate To Do List. I use it, and it syncs flawlessly for me.
dannyw0011

Toodledo places newly input tasks at the top of the current list and you have to manually update the view to get new tasks listed per the user-specified sort criteria.

I personally find it useful as a quick double-check to make certain I have all my task's fields set correctly.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 27, 2011 in: where to set reminders to go
Instead of Account Settings, go to Tools & Services, then Reminders & Alarms
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 23, 2011 in: Adding tasks
The way you are doing it is probably the quickest. Toodledo places newly input tasks at the top of the current list and updating the view as you're doing updates the list with the new tasks listed per the user-specified sort criteria.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: Don't see the Repeat Option
Go to Account Settings> Fields/Functions Used, and check Repeats to show.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 13, 2011 in: Undo
I, too, would like to make a request for an undo function. As noted in this thread, Ctrl-Z will undo an edit as you are making the edit, and that is helpful. However, I would like to have an undo function to undo the last saved action. I am primarily thinking of this as a way to undelete a task or to reverse any edits which might have accidentally filtered a task from the current view a user would be in.

I realize some undos may be more difficult than others, but a simple undo on the last changed task would be most helpful.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 09, 2011 in: Best third-party app?
I personally use Ultimate To Do List, and as was stated by smatics, it is rock solid. I've never had a problem with the syncing. And it has a very active forum with quick timely answers to any questions or problems. It does get criticized for its GUI, much like Toodledo, but I would rather have functionality than a slick interface.

I have also been keeping my eye on Due Today. It has come a long way in a short time, and Chris over at Lakeridge has personal customer support second to none. If anything gets me to change from Ultimate To Do List in the future, it would probalby be Due Today at some point in its future development.

One other app to watch is Pocket Informant. It was a great app on Windows Mobile, and has an Android app, but the company seems to set priority on its iPhone app these days. Its Android forums at one point indicated problems with syncing. However, once it devotes enough development time to its Android app, it could be a powerful alternative. On Windows Mobile, it had not only tasks and notes, but calendar and contacts as well.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 08, 2011 in: Renaming Saved Searches
Score: 1
Thanks for the response. At least I don't have to reenter the filter criteria each time.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 08, 2011 in: Renaming Saved Searches
Score: 4
Toodledo's custom searches are wonderful; however, it would be great if there were a way to rename a search. I find myself testing different searches, saving those I like, and needing to rename them.

I currently click to "modify" a saved search, click "search" again, save this new search to the name I want, and then delete the older named search, but there should be an easier way.
dannyw0011

Posted May 19, 2011 in: Repeating Tasks
Score: 1
mickeyVee, I understand what you're saying. I've done the same thing inadvertently.

The robustness of Toodledo is that it is a holder for all of your tasks, both those to do now and those to do in the future. The power of Toodledo is that you can set it to display only the tasks you want to see. The ability of the user to customize Toodledo through its various settings to fit the user's needs is how the user harnesses the power.

I would suggest using the Search view (in my opinion the most powerful view) to set the filtering criteria to show only the tasks you want to see. If you set up your tasks' fields to meet your needs, you can pretty much search, filter, and display only those tasks you want to see at any given time.

In your example, I would probably set the filter criteria to only show tasks which meet a certain due date criteria. And if you wanted to filter down, you could utilize other fields you may have set up, such as a folder, context, or tag for "personal", "home", or even "grass cutting" (which would probably be too detailed).
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 27, 2011 in: Rich Text Format for Notes
First of all, let me say that I appreciate having the ability to store notes inside your task manager.

I am migrating all my PIM task and notes data from Outlook to Toodledo, and I find myself missing very much the ability to easily format text inside a note field (without HTML tags), be it a task's note field or a notebook. I also miss the ability to store jpeg's inside of notes.

A Rich Text Format for notes would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011.
dannyw0011

Thanks for the improvements, especially no. 3 for me
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Search Not Performing as Expected
Thanks for such a speedy response. Any idea on when the update will be done? Not rushing you, but wondering when I can change my search criteria back to the original setting.
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 19, 2011 in: Search Not Performing as Expected
Here is a screenshot. The red circles show the tasks which don't match the search criteria.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/dannyw001/Toodledo/dannyw0011screenshot.jpg

I am also using Ultimate To-Do List on my Droidx and using practically the same filters, it shows correctly. The only difference on UTDL is that I'm not filtering out the completed tasks and the start and due dates are set to be on or before today instead of before tomorrow.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011.
dannyw0011

Posted by Toodledo:
It depends on how the search criteria are grouped. I think you may be getting some of the Ands and Ors mixed up. If you can take a screenshot of the search you have, that would help.

Sorry to have to ask, but how do you attach an image to a posting?
dannyw0011

Posted by Salgud:
I use a very similar search. You will see tasks with a Due Date in the future if the start date is before tomorrow. Is that what the problem is?

Thanks for the reply, and I understand what you're saying. However, with the above search criteria, I am seeing single tasks (not part of a hierarchal task) showing with the following settings:

No star, no start date, and a future due date

I am also having sub-tasks showing when both the sub-task and the parent have the following settings:

No star, no start date, and no future date
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next