• Posted: Oct 12, 2011
  • Score: 0
+ filter settings
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2011
You can also refresh by clicking on the view you're already in in the Navigator panel.
Salgud

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
@Purveyor

When I had an iPhone, I had a program called SplashShopper which keeps lists. I had my grocery list (about 300 items) and several packing lists (overnight, a few days, week) and others I can't recall now. I found it very handy as it's designed for that purpose.

Of course, TD makes a pretty good list, if you set it up for that. You can make a grocery list or packing list, but it doesn't work very well if it's in the same TD that you use for tasks. As you said, too many fields in play. But you can open a separate free TD account to use for lists, and have only those fields that you need activated.
Salgud

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: training
  • Salgud
But it is a good idea! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
No such feature exists at this time. They added the feature to hide/show the Navigation panel for this very reason, and your's is the first request I've seen for this kind of feature, so I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
Salgud

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: Don't Understand Notebooks
  • Salgud
I use Evernote for the kind of stuff Danny mentions above as I've been using it for years. I use the TD notes mostly for things relevant to TD, such as a list of the email shortcuts which I don't use often enough to remember, instructions on how to create a project from one of my template projects, etc.

Whatever information you would like close at hand when you're in your browser, I suppose.
Salgud

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: Navigation panel width?
  • Salgud
Since, at this time, there is no feature to adjust the size of the Navigation panel, might I suggest you consider adopting your system to the tool? E.g., I avoid having long Search names for exactly this reason. I have a Saved Search which, spelled out, would be "Work - Due/Overdue Today". Since it won't fit in the panel, I've named it "W-D/O Today", which fits just fine and is still obvious what it is.

Hope this helps.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
  • Score: 1
I would say that if you're missing deadlines, having trouble prioritizing your daily activities or having problems keeping track of the many things you have to get done, you probably would benefit from using TD. One of the great things about TD is it's flexibility - you can use it at a novice level all the way up to expert, so it can grow with your needs.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
That's one of the things the Saved Searches are for. Go to the "Search" page, create a new search, starting with "Checked off is no", the something like "Due Date is before tomorrow". Of course, you can create additional search conditions such as limiting it to certain folders or statuses and so on.

Many of us spend most of our time in the Saved Searches area. This is the real power of TD.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2011 in: Alarm problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2011
You can do a Search for "Has alarms" and see each alarmed task. If you show details, you can find the one that is causing your problem.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2011 in: Getting Started
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2011
I'm a dive in and start messin' around type, so this may not work for you. I'd start by creating a task, then just look at the default fields that are displayed when you create a new task. If you "get" them, great, just enter the values. If some are not clear, start digging in the Help screens. Most of the basics are there. One thing, most of them are based on the old format, so features and menus won't be where they say they are. I guess all you can do about that is just start hunting. The good news is that TD is not very deep (with a few exceptions), most of what you'll use regularly is pretty obvious if you just look around.

Don't try to do too many fields when you start, just use the ones you know you'll need. Add more as you realize you are missing something important. Most of the time, it's one of those optional fields.

At some point, you'll need to develop a strategy as to how to use TD. There are a lot of decisions to make along the way. You can always get help from the experts here, or, if they're not available, I often jump in and give advice anyway. :)

Try not to be intimidated - worst case is you abuse a few electrons, and they forgive easily I'm told.
Salgud

Posted Oct 05, 2011 in: Email a task?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2011
It's now under "Tools, More".
Salgud

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Linking of task in other projects
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2011
This is one of the most frequently requested new features for TD. It is on "the list", probably pretty high up. But what do I know? :)
Salgud

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Tasks over time
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
I do something similar to Folke for this situation. Instead of entering a temporary Due Date of Oct 1, I just set Oct 1 as the Start Date, reminding me that I wanted to get started on this task as early as Oct 1, but not due until Oct 5.
Salgud

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Mysterious tags
  • Salgud
I've noticed that sometimes the tags "hang around" for a while after I delete that tag from all tasks.

Yes, you are right, there is no provision for deleting tags other than deleting the tasks that have them or deleting the tag from all tasks.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2011
Posted by azzkikr2001:
Yeah, this is all working...
But sometimes I forget clicking with the middle and then I'm off toodledo.

I'm one of those who like to keep it open and in the same place and so leaving the site by accident annoys me ;)

Great incentive to learn new habits! :)
Salgud

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: Extensive Repeat & Repeat Search
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2011
+1 for 1.
2, not so much.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2011
If you click in the "Notebook" at the top of the page, next to "Tasks", you'll see an "Add a Page" button to create a Note. You can have many notes, but they're all in the same "Notebook".
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Permission Denied - Need Clarification
  • Salgud
Since this is a Toodledo forum, I doubt they can help you access iGoogle. Seems to me you ought to query Google, which, admittedly, is not easy.
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Appearance of subtasks
  • Salgud
At this time, there are no user controls to change the appearance of subtasks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next