Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
Posted by CJD:
So now I must keep two folders of each Actions, Projects, Waiting. Which annoys me as Promimo's version of GTD, is so simple and works so well with TD.
So I thought of this - What if I switched Contexts and Folders? So instead of my folders being: Actions, Projects, Waiting... Were instead Context items and my Work, Photog Business, and Personal were my folders, this way WORK would be public since we only have Folder control over privacy.
Are there any negative implications?

Hmmm... I don't think I'd do that. Reason being that if I had a system that was working well for me, I'd not want to destabilise it for anyone else!

Could you simply export the tasks you want others to see and let them look at it in a spreadsheet?
PeterW 

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
  • Score: 0
I'd suggest you give it some more time. I've found Toodledo to be deceptively powerful. And in my opinion, the interface is very functional.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 31, 2010 in: Shared List with delegation
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Hi Dave,

I don't think this is possible - other more learned users can confirm this.

One workaround I can think of:
Provided the office person is the one doing the task delegation, they could use the "clone" feature to create a copy of the task and move it into their "Waiting for" folder perhaps with a note as to whom it was delegated.

That way they could follow up on these tasks and check them off when it has been confirmed the task is complete.

If you have any kind of volume then I would guess you need something more robust with workgroup capabilities. This is beyond Toodledo at present.

Here's one I know of that our company uses for scheduling work: http://www.centraldesktop.com/

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 31, 2010 in: Filter drop-down field is too small
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Posted by Vin Thomas:
Another option would be to go into the Firefox settings. Under Fonts & Colors" select "Advanced". From there you can set the "Minimum Font Size".

Vin - this worked. I set the size to 12 which is a comfortable size on my work monitor. And I didn't have to deselect "Allow pages to choose their own fonts".

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 29, 2010 in: Keep Filter toolbar displayed?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Hi there,

Just wondering if it is possible for Toodledo to remember that I've displayed the Filter toolbar? Any page refresh causes it to hide, but I'd prefer it to stay visible. I can't see anything in settings for this.

I'm using FireFox on Win Vista.

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 29, 2010 in: Filter drop-down field is too small
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Posted by Linden:
Peter, you've thrown a brick of wisdom at me!

I have more columns active than I can see in one screen width. AND I'm aware of FireFox's zoom feature -- frequently using it on other sites.

Never ONCE did I think of using it here.

So, thanks for mentioning this. I'll certainly back up your request, since I'm now about to be affected by the same problem. :)

Hey Linden, you're most welcome. Glad to be of inadvertent help!

Posted by Vin Thomas:
Another option would be to go into the Firefox settings. Under Fonts & Colors" select "Advanced". From there you can set the "Minimum Font Size".

Thanks Vin - I'm going to check that out now!
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2010 in: Filter drop-down field is too small
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Hi there,

To see more on-screen, I make the fonts a bit smaller in FireFox using the shortcut Ctrl-.

However this makes the text in the dropdown field in the Filter bar very small, much smaller than other drop-down fields in the data area.

Can the Filter drop-down field be made the same font size as all others?

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2010 in: my tasks in a folder just disappeared
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Should I drink more?

It can't hurt. ;)

Make sure there are no filters set and that the due date is not far enough in the future that they are hidden (see "Hide Future Tasks" in account settings).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Posted by x86dude.au:
Is there any way to globally change all items in a folder ?

Yes - go to the search tab, create a new search that will find the items you wish to edit, then use the "Multi-edit" function.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Thanks Jake.

Even if I could just make it appear at the top of the folder list (i.e. on the left) rather than all the way to the right it would help.

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: errr
  • PeterW 
Posted by Vin Thomas:

My all-time favourite! :)
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Hey Proximo,

I've been using Toodledo for about three months and started out with folders based on areas of my work - I am a finance & administration manager so my folders included, Admin, Finance, IT, OH&S, etc and also a Personal folder. I wasn't using contexts or tags as I didn't understand how to use them.

However I've been following this thread and reading up on GTD on the Internet to get a better understanding of what it's all about and how it works.

I have been convinced that your setup is a better way to use Toodledo and last week converted my own setup over to yours as described in this thread, the only difference being that I don't have a Ticklers folder but I do have a Reference folder. And tomorrow I pickup my copy of the GTD book from the post office so I can get more depth on the method.

Already I've noticed a huge difference. My list is easier to manage and use, and now I trust it more. Which means I've been able to free my mind up rather than worry about it and thereby I can focus more on the task at hand.

The reason for posting is to say a huge "THANK YOU" for taking the time to describe your setup, make videos of it, and for generally providing good advice and input on these forums for newer members such as myself. It has made a world of difference!

I am currently using Appigo Todo on my iPhone but have been tinkering with Toodledo's iPhone app also. I like Appigo better for now but do most of my task management on the Toodledo website.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Cheers,
Peter.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: errr
  • PeterW 
The link is in the top right hand corner of the browser window.

If you're using FireFox, there are themes available that change the appearance of the main window and some of them make this button/link more prominent.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 26, 2010 in: How to move a subtask
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
It should work - does for me in FireFox.

Check that you have set the option in Account Settings. Under Subtasks, select:
Sort nested subtasks manually by drag and drop

...and you should be able to drag and drop.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Hopefully Jake can let us know if this is a difficult thing to change or not? I was hoping it wouldn't be a massive code change and could be implemented relatively simply.

I'm an Appigo Todo user so would really like the Inbox to also be the Inbox in Toodledo.

Is this possible Jake?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 25, 2010 in: shortcuts to open
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2010
I've just copy & pasted the bookmark from Firefox onto my Windows Vista desktop. Works fine. Same will work for IE. If you're on a Mac then I don't know.
PeterW 

Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 2
Hi Jake,

I know this issue has been discussed a lot on the forums by others but I'd like to put in my own request for it.

Can we please have an option to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox" and also be able to place it at the top of folder list?

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 25, 2010 in: Finally got my iPhone and Toodleo App.
  • PeterW 
Posted by Proximo:
It seems that everything I would want on the home page from a GTD perspective is buried under the many options you must choose.

I hate drilling down into folders to access my list. Todo shows your folders as list on the home page which is very nice.

Hi Proximo,

I've been using Appigo Todo for a few months but just purchased Toodledo for iPhone to compare.

You can set the Start Page setting so that it opens the Folders list when the app is launched. This makes it look like Appigo's opening screen.

Nonetheless I still prefer Appigo's interface and way of working. I find the lists in Toodledo somewhat difficult to read.

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 24, 2010 in: Tags, Folders and Contexts
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Hi there,

I am in a similar situation... mostly an Outlook user and have used TaskMerlin for task management. I've recently ordered a copy of Dave Allen's GTD book and have been looking at GTD info on the internet to learn about this approach.

I'd suggest a good place to start would be to look at this thread here on the forums:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

...and perhaps scan other threads in the GTD section of the forums. Lots to read and digest.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 23, 2010 in: Who are you?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2010
Just found this thread and thought I would contribute...

Where do you live?
Sydney, Australia

What do you do?
I'm Finance & Administration Manager for a company that designs and implements mobility solutions.

Where can I find you on the web?
http://www.facebook.com/peter.watters

This message was edited Jan 23, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next