Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Firefox 7
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by kq6ra:
Will you be adding support for Firefox 7?

I've been using TD in FF for months, works fine, both on my iMac at home and here at work.
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Multiple Levels of Subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2011
Posted by joedavenport:
I don't even understand how I could properly use toodledo to organize my life without being able to add multiple subtasks. Let's have the software emulate how our brains have to think to complete our tasks.

That would be more like a Mindmap, not a hierarchical list. Our brains don't work in a linear fashion at all. They are a neural network. Most of us have been conditioned to think in a linear fashion, like outlining, but our brains simply don't work that way at all.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2011
Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2011 in: Backup and Restore Options
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
Salgud: Yes, this backup/restore tool will be able to recover all of the important data in your account. The XML backup that you are using already only does tasks (not notebooks, saved searches, folders, etc)

Thanks! Great improvement.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2011
When I sort a view by Importance, which is very useful, levels appear in the list that have no tasks. Strangely, not all levels, just some of them. I'd prefer not to have these cluttering up my screen and occupying space that I could better use by having more tasks displayed before I have to scroll down.

Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Sep 26, 2011 in: Backup and Restore Options
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Sounds great! Want to be sure I understand this new feature. I've been using the .xml backups to store my TD database, but if I understand correctly, this only stores the data, tasks and their attributes, but not the TD configuration, such as folders, saved searches, tags, etc. Is that correct? And this new backup will store all of that? So if I, or you, somehow erase the whole shebang, this restore would bring it back, current to the last backup. Is that correct?
Salgud

Posted Sep 26, 2011 in: Chrome Toodledo App
  • Salgud
Posted by dhbryant13:
How are you getting Toodledo to work in Chrome? It's nonfunctional for me in Chrome. I'm not yet a user, and trying to decide if i'm willign to deal iwth the browser switchign issues.

The same way I use it if in FF or IE or Safari. Open the website and have at it.

If you can't access it in Chrome, have you tried accessing it in other browsers? That would be the first thing I'd try to see if it's browser related or system wide.
Salgud

Posted Sep 23, 2011 in: Edit Completed Date?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2011
Posted by Purveyor:
Who is blaming Toodledo?

I stand corrected. I would not "pass responsibility" on to TD.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by Purveyor:
@Salgud, you're way out of line here.

Do you mark every task as complete the instant that you complete it? Have you never noticed later in the day or on the following day that a task was completed even though you hadn't checked it off? In other words, have you never made a mistake that you would like to correct?

And, to answer the question by Folke X: It can be very useful to know how long it took to complete a task and you can't do that correctly unless the completion date is correct. Some people even get paid based on how long it takes to complete a project. The documentation of the dates and times for that project consists of more than what's in Toodledo but it's nice to have those dates and times in Toodledo to review, analyze and submit. One of the important dates is the Date Completed. If this date is wrong, then any report or analysis based on that date will be wrong. What do you do if the date is wrong? You correct it, right? Except that for some bizarre reason, Toodledo doesn't allow this field to be edited.

Hope that helps.

It may be my opinion, but it's not out of line. Do I forget to enter a task as completed until the next day? All the time. Is it important where I work? Never. The only one it matters to is me, and I don't care.

But if it were important to my work, I'd either select a tool with that capability or make sure I entered them at the end of every day. I'd even create a task with a reminder set for a little before quitting time to remind me to bring TD status up to date. (Actually, I do this with one of my duties that has to be current at the end of the day) If that much is hinging on it, it's up to me to make it right. I would not blame it on TD. I am responsible and accountable for meeting the requirements of my employer, not TD.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Sep 23, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • Salgud
I've found a workaround that does just fine for me. I type in the date. This takes about 5 seconds, at most. YMMV.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by paulebacher:

Reply - In some environments having an accurate Completion Date can be very important. I would strongly encourage TD to raise the priority of make this an editable field. It would also be helpful if there was an option to specify a Completion Date other than Today when completing a task.

It seems to me that two antiquated terms might just apply in this situation. If you can find an old English dictionary, look up "accountability" and "responsibility". Basically, those who are DEMANDING that TD incorporate Completion Date editing are saying, "I'm not competent enough to remember to mark tasks complete when I complete them, so I want TD to build in a feature to compensate for my problem." The people with the problem are "responsible" for fixing it, and are the one who should be held "accountable" for any negative result. It's up to them to meet the stringent requirements of the environment in which they've chosen to work, not some software vendor's.

Graciously, TD has agreed to add this feature, but since it's needed by a relatively few users, it would logically be a ways down the list of over 1600 items on their task list.
Salgud

Posted Sep 21, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2011
I understand that the mail server is controlled by Comcast. But the only email it's rejecting is the TD address, so I thought it might have something to to with your email address.
Salgud

Posted Sep 21, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2011
@Purveyor

Sorry, meant OSX.

I mean that my mail client (Mail) won't accept the TD email address that I can use to send tasks to TD. It's says the SMTP server can't send it. But it sends everything else just fine.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Cannot complete future tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
Does the task you're seeing have the same due date as the one you checked off?
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Bulk shift subtask due dates
  • Salgud
Try:

=EDATE(A1,1)

where cell A1 contains the date you want to add a month to.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Cannot complete future tasks
  • Salgud
Is it starred?
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Dates older than 1/1/1970
  • Salgud
I would make them all 1/1/70, then enter the real date in the note field. Whenever you saw the 1/1/70, you'd know to look at the note.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Salgud
Thanks for your reply. Using "Mail", the app that comes with IOS.

This email address is the only one I'm having trouble with.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Salgud
I'm not happy with the way I've been dealt with my TD support. A few days ago, I posted in these forums that I couldn't send a TD email to my TD account from my iMac at home. Jeff suggested I post a trouble ticket, which I did. In my ticket, I posted the following:

"What happened? I get a message telling me the "cannot send message using the server" and my Comcast server name. I did test it by sending a task directly from my Comcast account, obviously using the same server. No problem."

The reply I got is:

"This sounds like a problem with Comcast, not Toodledo. We can't control how your mac sends or doesn't send email."

I made it clear in my post that I was able to send the email directly from my Comcast online client, but not from my iMac client. Big difference! Bad enough they clearly didn't read my ticket, but then to add insult to injury by following with "We can't control..." is just plain rude. I don't know if there is, but this could be some kind of Mac issue, not just an issue with my Mac. Until TD looks into it, they don't know.

And all of this is especially irritating because I was asked to submit a ticket by Jeff himself. Then to get this kind of reply? I'm not happy with this response at all. I graded them "Terrible" on their handling of this issue.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Edit Completed Date?
  • Salgud
DLTDHYOTWO!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next