Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Day of the week
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by MyLife:
I agree 100% with this comment.

At first when my tasks showed Sep 11, I thought it related to September 2011.
By showing the Day or allowing the format of the date to be chosen, would be a worthwhile improvement

Must also add that I am very impressed with the program

That's probably because TD's a very impressive program! :)
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
@Purveyor

Great story. To those of us who've been using checklists for years, no surprise. That would probably include most of us in these forums. But there are a lot of people out there who don't keep task lists or checklists at all, even though their work involves fairly complicated series of things they have to do virtually every day. I can only guess at the number of manhours wasted every year here in the state department of human services by mistakes that could easily been avoided had those involved simply used a checklist.
Salgud

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Recurring Tasks
  • Salgud
My guess is you don't have it turned on in your Settings, under Functions Used.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2011
If you go to the Main page, there are a number of built-in views, like "Hotlist", that generally show what you're looking for. You can customize the filters applied for the Hotlist in your Settings. In many cases, this will suffice.

If it doesn't, you can create your own Saved Searches on the Searches page, which is what many of us do most of the time.

For example, you can create a search to find tasks due by today by selecting "New Search" from the list, then adding to the default criteria (|Checked off | No |) another line:

And
| Due Date | is before | tomorrow |

You can then save the Search by clicking on "Save Search" in the upper right of the list and giving it a name.

Maybe that will get you started.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Sep 18, 2011 in: where are "projects" ?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2011
You have Folders, tasks, subtasks. Many of us use them for projects. If this is not sufficient, and if you have a pro subscription, you can use Goals as projects. If you search these forums, you'll find many of your answers without having to wait.
Salgud

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Does emailing tasks to TD work on Macs?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2011
Posted the ticket. Thanks.
Salgud

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Search lists
  • Salgud
Posted by letitviv:
I have the need of grouping my saved searches on lists in order to organize them.
I hope that you will like my suggestion

Thank you
Joan

I group mine by how I name them. All my work related Saved Searches start with "W-". Home related, with "H-".

So I have Saved Searches like "W-Today", "W-Tomorrow", "W-Star". I would like the capability to group and order them within the groupings, but this works for now.
Salgud

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Questions re repeating tasks
  • Salgud
Posted by Toodledo:
I will admit that RTM handles postponed tasks better than we do. You are correct that deleting or rescheduling a repeating task will affect all future versions of that task as well. If you want to skip an occurrence of a repeating task, you can edit the due-date and move if forward to the new date. If you want to temporarily reschedule one version of a task and then resume the normal schedule, you will need to edit the task once to reschedule and then edit it again to resume the normal schedule. Sorry.

Thanks for your refreshing candor!

Now get to work fixing this. :)
Salgud

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Does emailing tasks to TD work on Macs?
  • Salgud
I've been trying to email tasks from my iMac to TD. The Apple mail client won't accept the TD email address and gives me a message telling me it won't work with the server. Other emails come and go just fine, and I can send tasks from my email client (GroupWise) on my PC at work. Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone know if there's a fix?
Salgud

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Chrome Toodledo App
  • Salgud
Can I ask what this app does that TD doesn't do? I'm using TD in Chrome already, so I'm not clear what your application does beyond what I have now.
Salgud

• Salgud
This is difficult for some, but you could use any status that you're not otherwise using for your "Active" tasks, or for "Next Action". IOW, if you're not using "Delegated" or "Planning", use one of those to mean "Active" to you.

You can choose to look at those labels that the TD crew created to be whatever you choose them to be. They're only labels, not reality.
Salgud

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Daily tasks
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2011
  • Score: 2
If these tasks are Starred, the next one will automatically be starred and reappear on your Starred list automatically. You have to de-Star a starred repeating task every time you mark it complete.

This is one of my pet peeves about TD and would like to see an option to auto-destar a task when it is marked competed.
Salgud

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: "Notes" Feature request?
  • Salgud
Posted by irishtexmex:
(you would have to be a capable gamer to effortlessly do this)

I was ok at Pong yrs ago, but don't think I ever got to Level 3 in Super Mario when my kids had it, but I can click on the "Notes" icon every single time. Can't recall every having missed it, or, for that matter, thought about how difficult it was.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
The Note icon is there in multi-line view if you click "Show Details" in the icons at the top.
Salgud

Posted Sep 15, 2011 in: GroupWise & Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2011
Posted by ben:
I'm not seeing a picture...

I can't think why. I even tested getting this pic in before I posted this message, and it worked fine there too. So I think it's probably something on your end. Do you see images that others' have posted?
Salgud

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: GroupWise & Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2011
I've seen some references here lately about TD Dashboards. Definitely not the same thing, but I'm using TD as part of a dashboard I've created in Novell Groupwise 8. It has the capability to create a dashboard in the Home view. Below is a snapshot of the Home view I'm currently using that other GW users might find useful. I haven't used Outloook in years, so I don't know if it has any similar feature to which this can be adapted. GW is feature rich, but very convoluted to use, in my experience. But once I realized all I could do with it, I have warmed to it somewhat.

Here is my GW dashboard.

It's created by going to the Home view, and and doing "View, Display Settings, Edit/Create". In that menu, you can name it (Mine's called "Dashboard"), then select the "View by" option, "Panels". A kind of complex, but pretty intuitive, dialog box shows up, where you select the number of columns you'd like (this one is 3) and then allows you to create "panels", which are just different views of your information. In my example, I have my calendar in the upper left, which displays today's appointments (which is one of those strange GW things, in that it's a "Week" view, set to display one day, so it shows Reminders as well. It could show Tasks, but I display them elsewhere, as I'll describe below). I've sized the Panel to display just what I need and no more.

Below the Calendar panel is another Calendar panel which shows upcoming appointments in a list format, so I can see what's coming up in the next week. Of course, this can be set to any time frame you desire

In the center is a panel that displays my TD app. I can see my entire TD display and even make edits, though this is not usually, unless they're small edits, done (it refreshes too frequently to make more involved edits. You can set a longer refresh time, but it's over-ridden by other factors and still refreshes too often). So I set up today's list while in my browser, then use GW to display it as I work and mark tasks complete. Still very handy.

It's created simply by creating a GW panel, and selecting the option to base it on a web page, then entering the URL. Simple.

On the upper right, I have an Unread Mailbox panel, which displays only unread emails as they come in. That alone will do for many, but I also use it to mark emails that require some kind of attention. I've made this list a GW Tasklist, one of the formats you can make any panel. What this does is makes it very easy to make an email, or even an incoming appointment, a task, simply by dragging it from the list below up to the top of the list. It automatically becomes a task. (This is useful if I need to prepare for an appointment, and want to remind myself to do so and keep notes on what needs to be done and/or is done.) However, it will only stay there for a very short while after you open and read it, since this is an "Unread Messages" Panel. You can see an email that has been made into a task at the very top of the upper right "Unread email" panel, with the checkbox on it's left. It also appears below, in my tasklist.

That's what the last panel, on the lower right is. It's a Tasklist basked on the Tasks folder (all views, except Home, are based on one of the Folders, so you have to make sure you have created the necessary Folders in order to create your dashboard). So the tasks that I've created by dragging an email or appointment to the top of the Unread Messages panel will immediately appear in the "Tasks" panel, and will remain there until they are checked off (when completed tasks disappear from the list depends on other settings in GW).

So this is a dashboard which shows me what my appointments are for today, upcoming appointments a week out, my major tasks in TD, my unread emails, and my minor tasks, like emails that need a reply, in one place. I find it very handy.

Of course, I also have in GW, my regular email inbox, calendar, etc., to which I can refer when I need to see more detail than my dashboard offers.

Maybe it will be helpful to other users of GW, if there are any out there! :)

This message was edited Sep 14, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
We have a manager here in the state department of human services who "hates" checklists. She's said so in that many words many times. Strangely enough, she constantly forgets things she's supposed to do or bring to meetings. Go figure.
Salgud

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: Add subtask doesn't have cancel
  • Salgud
Just click outside the Add Subtask box, and it'll go away.
Salgud

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: Show Future Tasks in Due Today
  • Salgud
You can't do what you've specifically asked, but you can do something similar. You can create a daily repeating task, and do it each day, checking it off. On 19/9/11, just delete it. That's the closest thing I know of to get what you want.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2011
Just the same ole put-off we always get in these forums! ;)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next