Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Sep 06, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by brian:
The redesign seems ok. But this is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I used to sort by folder. This is now so slow as to be unusable. Also, how do I store all of my stuff offline in case Toodledo goes away?

Thanks,

Brian

If yours is slow, there's something wrong. For most of us, the new version is faster.

As to backing up, go to Tools, Import/Export and pick your poison.
Salgud

Posted Sep 05, 2011 in: Periodic Update
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 05, 2011
  • Score: 0
TD has repeatedly said they will not publish a "roadmap" for obvious reasons. Since I don't want to help their competition anymore than they do, I support this decision. It's just good business to keep your plan confidential.

Besides, if they published it, the people who want the next thing on the list will be happy, but I can already hear all the ones already threatening to quit shouting louder and more frequently that the improvement they want (which is obviously the most important one) should be the one at the top of the list and they'll go elsewhere if TD doesn't give them (who are obviously the most important customers) what they want. I'd guess it would only exacerbate the situation that way.

If I were on TD staff, I doubt I could see any kind of win in publishing their roadmap.
Salgud

Posted Sep 05, 2011 in: Full text search?
  • Salgud
I would like a full text search too. Right now, I have a Saved Search I call TaskTagNote where I can go in and enter the criteria 3 times, but it's a PITA.
Salgud

Posted Sep 05, 2011 in: subtasks only go down one level?
  • Salgud
Posted by Toddbg:
Posted by Salgud:

Sounds like a job for M$ Project. :)

I wholeheartedly disagree!
There are many of us who simply use Toodledo for our task lists and break things up in an outline mode.
There may not be (at least for me) any heirarchy of subtasks but multiple levels of subtasks needed.
I don't need gantt charts, nor project levelling, nor any of the other features that M$ Project provides.
We are not necessarily talking about True Large Projects. Just things that need tracking and doing in much of an outliner way. I love this webapp and the list on my phone.
just need *at least* one more level of nesting (though I would love 2 or 3 more).

I don't know of any task manager that has 5 levels of subtasks, task dependencies, and the ability to calculate some kind of importance to prioritize each task, as well as being transferrable to your phone. Project will do all of that. There is no requirement in Project to use CPM, Resource Leveling, Costing or even Gantt Charts, you can ignore them if you please. Besides, it's a lot easier to use Project to do all these things than it is to get the TD staff to add them all, especially when they've explicitly said they don't intend to. But, please, beat your head against that wall if you like. It'll feel so good when you stop!

And by the way, multi-level subtasks is a hierarchy, that's what it means.
Salgud

Posted Sep 02, 2011 in: From 2 to 3 logical levels in Search
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2011
+1
Salgud

Posted Aug 30, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2011
@vihendi

No, you can't sort tags alphabetically. It is often requested, and is on "the list".
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2011
Some of us have been asking for something like this for some time. That about "somes" it up!

Seriously, I'd like to see sort order and Filter settings saved for each Saved Search. I know that many of us use different settings for different Searches. This is at or near the top of my list of requests.
Salgud

Posted Aug 29, 2011 in: subtasks only go down one level?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2011
Posted by cadvena:
I hear the alternatives, but I have many complex projects. I need multiple-level sub tasks, AKA infinite nesting (hierarchy). An alternative would be folder nesting, but task nesting is much superior. If you check out DGT GTD (on Android), it allows infinite task nesting and syncs with TD. The problem of course, on TD, the nesting doesn't carry over. From a data model perspective, infinite nesting is as simple as a parent child table.

On a separate topic (yeah, I know, open another discussion forum), wouldn't it be great if TD recognized start date and time in the importance calculation? If I say i don't plan to start a task until tomorrow, i really don't want it at the top of my task list.

And, oh yeah, next actions. As with MLO, love to have task order where completion of the next action (presumably task 1) sets the status of the next task (task 2) to status = Next Action. Okay, task order is something of an issue. If you allow task order to differ logically from start/due dates, it could be more confusing than helpful. I wouldn't recommend hard logic, but a soft warning when a user enters a conflicting order and start and due dates dont make sense would be a nice to have.

Sounds like a job for M$ Project. :)
Salgud

Posted Aug 29, 2011 in: Subtasks always loading flat
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2011
You have to set your Settings to Subtasks, to "Indented mode shows loose subtasks" or "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested...". Give this a try.
Salgud

Posted Aug 25, 2011 in: Do I have to buy the iphone app?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2011
Yes, you have to pay for the iPhone app in addition to the optional fee for the online version.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2011
If you do a search in these help section for "template", you'll find detailed instructions. The help section is your friend.
Salgud

Posted Aug 22, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2011
  • Score: 2
Please don't move Add Task button, I'm finally getting used to it and it's a much better position right in the middle of "the action" in the new UI.
Salgud

Posted Aug 21, 2011 in: Time Added
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2011
Posted by geomord:
Is there a way to delete the date and time added from the main task page
Thanks
George

Please clarify, what is "main task page"?
Salgud

Posted Aug 18, 2011 in: Is this search possible?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2011
I think what I'm doing with the many meetings I schedule is the same thing you're looking for, but I'm doing it with tags.

Each meeting I schedule has 2 to 12 tasks, so the meeting is a Project and, therefore, a parent task. I tag each parent task with the tag "Mtg". Each sub-task has the tag "MAct" (Meeting Activity). I have a Saved Search for Tag Contains Mtg or Tag contains MAct. From there, I can scan down the list and see which one's have Next Actions, and which ones don't.

I create the projects in one of two ways. If I'm responsible for the all aspects of the meeting, or nearly all, I have a template with all the standard subtasks, from getting a room to providing a projector and overhead. As with any project template, I just clone the parent task, modify the name to have a specific identifier for that project/meeting, the do a custom search for that identifier, expand the parent to expose the subtasks and Multi-edit them to have appropriate folder, context, etc.

For smaller projects/meetings, I just create the parent, then add subtasks as needed. When I add the first task, I have to remember to change the tag from Mtg to MAct. After that, when I add tasks, I just clone a subtask instead of creating a subtask so I don't have to fix the tag.

I also have a Saved Search to show all Mtgs and all the subtasks for obvious reasons.

A little convoluted, but it seems to be working. I can be arranging 6 or more meetings at a time, and I can't possibly remember which ones I've arranged for a conference phone and which ones I haven't just from memory (I'm ADD, one of many fathers who discovered I was while taking one of my sons through all the testing). Part of my daily review is to go to my Meetings Saved Search and check on the status of every meeting to be sure nothing is forgotten.

I don't know of any other task manager (maybe Ommifocus?) that can do this as well as TD. Very, very powerful and flexible.
Salgud

Posted Aug 17, 2011 in: view by due-date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2011
Or "Due Date is before tomorrow".

Lotsa weighs.
Salgud

Posted Aug 17, 2011 in: Calendar?
  • Salgud
Posted by schmuel:
Hi,

I am new to Toodledo. Lots was nice. I immediately felt the calendar was too small and looked for a button to make it bigger.

No event timing ? I'd like a basic scheduling integrated. ie. Bluegrass gospel radio show weekly on Thursday but I need the time too 7AM-9AM. Any expansion planned into this type of thing ?

That is the one PIM-ish feature I think any ToDo should work for.

Thanks.

Steven Avery

I think you're confusing a PIM with a Task Manager. I have yet to see anyone, up til now, refer to TD, or any of it's competitors, as a PIM. They're not. They don't incorporate your task list, address book and calendar into one software package.

That said, I really miss the good-old-days when there were a number of really excellent PIMs available, and all these functions were in one package and I could link the people in my Address Book to my appointments and my todos. That was very useful. If TD were to extend their calendar capabilities, I would be jumping with joy.
Salgud

Posted Aug 17, 2011 in: Hiding Completed Tasks
  • Salgud
Posted by debra_1313021690:
How do I hide completed tasks? Thank you

Or create a Saved Search that hides them.
Salgud

Posted Aug 16, 2011 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by suheil:
Proximo,
you are so kind saving me precious time by sharing your well thought through concept. One simple question: how do you make the content of the folders/contexts from the left side of the screen to the tabs on top of the screen, so that you have the tabs for inbox, action, etc. on the top? I have no clue how to move them there?
Thanks again,
Suheil

I can't find it right now, but someone has offered a style to apply to the new UI that puts the list in the left panel back up top where it used to be. I imagine if you search longer/harder than I can right now, you can find it.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2011
  • Score: -1
+1 to the "No Filters" option, which I suggested during the beta. Not sure the "All Filters" option would be useful to very many.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Aug 13, 2011 in: Start from scratch
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2011
Not a GTDr here, but I know some of your answers anyway.

1) Go to the Search page, make a Search that inclues all tasks. Do a Multi-Edit, and at the bottom of the Multi-Edit box you'll see the Delete option.

3) You could make your own "Inbox" or just use "No Folder" as your Inbox. GTDrs might have other solutions.

4) Shared lists are already here. i don't use them, so I don't have the details, but others do. Or, you could search these forums and find dozens of posts on this topic. And go to the Help page and search there.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next