ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Aug 12, 2011 in: Folders as tabs at top?
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2011
  • Score: -1
Your guess is correct, it was a feature of the old TD. I imagine if enough people ask, someone will write a style putting the folders back on top.

You might want to give it a try with the new layout. I found after working with it for an hour or two, it was much, much easier to work with than the old one. YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Aug 12, 2011 in: Error catcher in "hotlist"
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Good idea. I modified it for my use by creating a Saved Search called "ERROR" that finds tasks that lack a folder or a status or a context (my mandatory fields), excepting those in my Templates folder. I will have to check it occasionally, but that's not a problem. It rarely happens, since I've been using task managers for years and have pretty much gotten in the habit of filling in mandatory fields, but nice to have. If I don't find any errors by my next "TD Review", when I go in and review what I'm using and what I'm not, I may delete it.
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
No, that option is not currently available. It is on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Aug 11, 2011 in: Toodledo training?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2011
If you need some help in doing either a manual or some training videos, I have considerable professional experience with both and would be interested in helping with that effort.
Salgud

Posted Aug 11, 2011 in: Completed Tasks filter?
  • Salgud
I posted the ticket.

In over a year of using this software, that's the first time I've ever had to post a support ticket. That's amazing to me! You guys are doing something right.
Salgud

• Salgud
Forgot, it's "Recently completed" that the filter applies to. Would like a filter that does all Completed.
Salgud

• Salgud
I can't figure out why the Completed tasks filter only works sometimes. If I have a Saved Search which does not filter out completed tasks, I should be able to filter them out by turning off the "Completed Tasks" in the filter criteria, but it doesn't work? Anyone know why?

This would be very hand for me in some Searches, to be able to turn on and off the Completed Tasks filter without having to redo the Search.
Salgud

Posted Aug 11, 2011 in: viewing / printing priority labels
  • Salgud
Just make your first Sort criteria "Priority", the labels will reappear.
Salgud

Posted Aug 10, 2011 in: Super slow task notes
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2011
I'm running FF5 on both a PC Win2000 and an iMac OSX and am not seeing this issue either.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2011
I just thought of this a few days ago, haven't had time to post anything about it, but since you brought it up...

It would be nice to have a "Postpone" function, where you could Search for a group of tasks, the click "Postpone", and a dialog box would appear, maybe offering quick entry buttons at the top, "One Day", "One Week", and "One Month". Below that, more detailed options so you could postpone an entered number of days, weeks, months or years, or some combination of the above. Would be nice! I'm wondering if this is on "the list"?
Salgud

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Recur on first weekday before 32 days
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
Impossible is a big word.

With things like this, I've done it by creating the first instance,then cloning that one and just changing the due date for the next, and so forth. Tedious, but I do them 6 months or a year in advance, then enter a task at the end to create more going forward.

While it's not top on my list, I would like TD to have better repeating task capabilities. E.g., I have a meeting I attend and do the minutes for on the 3rd Thurs. of each month. I have several activities I do the day after, as the meeting runs to quitting time. But in TD, I can't set a repeat for "one day after the 3rd Thursday" and that's one of the places where I create each individual instance by cloning the previous.
Salgud

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Posted by jmgraf:
Salgud -- I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have looked at the row settings, and I do not see any way to enable the horizontal divisions that existed before. Sorting by priority works -- sort of. It provides divisions by priority, but does not have the granularity that existed previously. I used to have "levels" that were numbered from (I think) 10 down to 1.

I am using FF3. I may upgrade at a later date and perhaps that will fix the issue of clicking the "today" and "tomorrow" links. But I never saw any browser compatibility requirements for the site.

Finally, I don't get excited or insulted easily, so if it makes you feel better or somehow superior to try an make me look stupid, help yourself!

Sorry if I was unkind. I don't think you looked very carefully or gave much thought before you criticized the new UI.

1) If you're using an outdated browser, you can expect things to not work. No web app is backward compatible forever. When I was force to use IE7 for a while, I had problems with many of the new features at the time, but I didn't blame the developers. They have to move forward, and sometimes that means problems for legacy browser users.

2) You didn't have 10 levels or priorities before, TD only has 5, and it's not customizable, so you're looking at the same dividers when you sort by Priority as you had previously.

3) The new "Row Settings" don't replicate the old settings, they are, at the least, an attempt at improving what was. Some may see them as better, others, like yourself, not so much, but at least look for what is there, and if you can't find it, ask, before you criticize the developers.

I'm growing impatient with those who come in, see the new interface for the first time, look at it for 10 seconds, realize they can't find something they knew how to find before, and post a negative comment here. Your post just happened to catch me in a mood, and was the straw that broke the camel's back. Again, I apologize.
Salgud

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Resize
  • Salgud
Posted by ichenderson:
How do you get into grid format?

There are 4 icons just to the right of the Sort icons. Third to the right in that group, just left of the Print icon, is a toggle switch between Grid and Multi-line mode.
Salgud

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -2
  • Salgud
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Aug 09, 2011.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2011
The only way I know of is to create a Saved Search that finds just those tasks, all tasks in a given folder being pretty easy, and then Multi-Edit those task's start and/or due dates.
Salgud

Posted Aug 08, 2011 in: Promote subtask to regular task level
  • Salgud
Thanks, that works!
Salgud

• Salgud
Should have mentioned in my post above, that was from my iMac at home. Can't test it here at work because we are completely blocked from the EN cloud app. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Salgud

Posted Aug 08, 2011 in: Promote subtask to regular task level
  • Salgud
I accidentally made a task a subtask, and now can't remove it from under the task, so I have to delete it and re-create it. I'd like to be able to drag and drop it out from under the parent task and just make it a regular task again.
Salgud

Posted Aug 07, 2011 in: Add a Rich HTML Editor to Notebook?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2011
It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Aug 07, 2011 in: Marked task complete by mistake
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2011
Just click on the Completed box again.

if they are gone from your list, , in the upper left corner, just click on "Main", then select "Recently Completed" from the list below.

This message was edited Aug 07, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next