ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
  • Score: 2
So what took you bunch of uncaring so-and-so's so long? :)

Seriously, thanks again!

I'd have never thought of, much less asked for, the scratch-out on completed tasks, but I just tried it out, and it's somehow much more satisfying than the grayed out with the check mark.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Sidebar not sorting?
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
Correction - I mis-posted here earlier, as I misinterpreted the problem.

Tags are not sorted alphabetically, they are sorted by frequency of use, and this is not, at this time, changeable. It's on "the list".

This message was edited Aug 04, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Can't backup to XML anymore?
  • Salgud
I've tried a couple of times in the last week or so to backup my TD as an XML file. But I no longer have the option to control the filename or location for a backup. When did this change and why?
Salgud

• Salgud
No reset button, you'll have to fix it yourself.
Salgud

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
My biggest problem with using the new TD is when I go to add a task, but not because it's doesn't show enough, I'm just used to heading to the upper right corner, and have to go left. But in another week or so, I'll have the new location down. As far as actually seeing it, no problem.
Salgud

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: can i use subfolders in my iphone app?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2011
Actually, TD doesn't have subfolders at all. It does have subtasks.
Salgud

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: searching for items due "today"
  • Salgud
I've used Due Date is before tomorrow, works fine. Lotsa ways.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
  • Salgud
Posted by Glenn Huther:
I too would love to hide the left hand menu.

I just don't have the spare screen real-estate when showing the columns I need.

Considering how the level of importance of this menu is now higher, can I suggest please a DHTML slideout that is still available when this menu is "hidden".

Imagine that same current menu in a slick, snappy slideout like (one of) these tabs:
http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/FixedNavigationTutorial/

Cheers, Glenn

I can see where some would like it, but it would drive me nuts in an hour. Ok, nuttier. :)
Salgud

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Full page calendar view
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2011
I still don't get the dots. Wouldn't a number be much better? Could even be a number bigger than 6!

I always have more than 6 items in my list, so the dots are useless.
Salgud

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Repeating tasks in new version
  • Salgud
Is Repeat turned on in your settings?
Salgud

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Dependant Tasks
  • Salgud
I'll bet that if you do a forum search for "dependent", you'll get lots of great answers.
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Use ToodleDo for team projects?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Would be happy to talk to you offline. Have more than 30 yrs experience in Project Management, managed projects up to $250,000,000 of all kinds, taught PM at the university level, consulted for years. Let me know if you're interested.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: What is a loose subtask?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
This means that when you choose "Indented mode shows loose subtasks", that whey a filter is applied that filters out the parent task but not the subtask, the subtask will show without the parent showing, hence, a "loose subtask".
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Please fix the left sidebar!
  • Salgud
From posts I've seen from TD (is that always Jake?), I suspect they're already working on it.
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Changing status of task AND subtask
  • Salgud
To me, the obvious, but not necessarily the best, solution would be to create tags like, "sleeping", "tech" and "bicycle" and tag the appropriate parent and subtasks. Then, when you aren't taking your bike, filter on the "bicycle" tag, multi-edit and delete only those tasks.

Of course, as with most things in TD, there are other ways of achieving this.
Salgud

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Score: 6
  • Salgud
  • Score: 6
There's been a lot of griping about the new format, and how TD introduced it without warning, at least not to those who don't frequent the forums. In retrospect, it might have made sense to send out a notice the day before. Maybe they will next time, or maybe they had their reasons for not doing so.

But to those who are suggesting that there should have been some kind of preview, and some sort of "choice", does that really make sense? So we could have voted as to whether TD should move forward or stay as it was? Really? TD is a privately owned business and the owners decide how to run that business, and when and how to move their product forward. If they left that up to existing customers, TD might be frozen in time while other competitors moved forward and totally eclipsed TD. Does that make sense from a business perspective?

Others have suggested they keep the old and let each user choose which they prefer. Seriously? So every time they make a change to the interface, they keep the old ones, all of them, and just add another? And each time they add a feature, they have to figure out how to incorporate into all of the versions out there, in addition to mobile versions? I can't believe that anyone who thinks this through can reasonably argue that the change had to be made, and had to be final and universal.

So maybe a day's notice would have been nice psychologically, but it wouldn't have had any bearing on what we had to deal with on the 26th (right date?) which was a new, unfamiliar interface to figure out. This is "selfish hijacking of users workflows"? So how would all you complainers have avoided this issue?

I think this is mostly about being upset about change. You had a tool you presumably liked, and one morning, you had something unfamiliar, maybe even a bit daunting. Not pleasant, but unavoidable if TD is to remain competitive and solve one of the major reasons many potential users didn't choose TD when they shopped around. I was, for a while, one of those people. They had to go to the new interface, they couldn't let their established customers hold them back and limit their appeal to new customers who they need to continue to grow. So, they did what they had to do to be successful. Who here wants them to stop attracting new customers, and stagnate where they are?

I hear the concerns, and agree there is some base for complaint. But this whole idea of disregard of their customers is simply not born out by the facts. The fact of their daily participation in these forums alone gives the lie to that idea. Their constant efforts to improve and fix TD are more than proof of their commitment and respect for us, their customers. If you want to see total disregard for their customers, visit the "Things" forums. You'll see disregard on a scale you can't even imagine coming from here.

Change is painful and difficult for most of us. But based on the reactions to the new TD, it's hard to justify any accusation of disregard. This new version is, for the vast majority of users, much, much better, both practically and aesthetically. Who here wouldn't go through the pain of this change to achieve in the end, a vastly superior tool? I'm glad I did.

For those that can't make the switch comfortably, can't see the improvements, maybe it's time to move on to something more suited to your needs. But this change has only solidified my commitment to TD because of the obvious major effort they've made to improving their product in response to numerous requests, even in the face of considerable criticism from a few of their customers. The new TD is faster, better and prettier! Sorry if you can't see it because you're workflow got interrupted for a day.
Salgud

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: Please fix the left sidebar!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
They explained elsewhere that they thought that most people would want the left side tabs viewable all the time, since they would get used more frequently than the menu items on the old hidden left-side menus. They apparently guessed wrong.

I also wonder if they, like myself, tend to forget that there are plenty of people out there still using 19", even 17" monitors. I have a 20" at home, just replaced my tiny little 20" :) at work with a 22". So the new version fits on both of mine just fine. But there's still a lot of people out there with smaller monitors on which the new format would definitely be cramped.

How times have changed. My first home computer, bought in '87, which was a Compaq clone (so-called "portable" at 40 lbs) had a 9" monitor. Smaller than an iPad.
Salgud

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: "Jump to today" bug?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2011
I checked, got same result
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by rfo:
I don't use the notebook as I use Evernote.

Same here, until now. But now the TD notes are easier to get to and have a few more features. So I've started using the TD notes for certain kinds of notes.

I have a weekly meeting with my boss. During the week, I keep a note listing the items I want to discuss. I used to keep it in a task called "Prep for 1:1", but it was hard to find that task until I created a special search just to find it. Which seemed a little kludgy to me. Now, I keep a note in TD, and just add to it as I go. Since TD is always on my screen, it's easy to get to. Of course, EN is only a click away, but then I have to go get that note, or create a link to it in my launcher. This just seems simpler that all that.

My boss recently asked me for a list of duties, and for the same reasons, I'm creating it in TD rather than EN.

So, for now, I'm keeping long term notes and notes that need the power of EN in EN, and some short term notes in TD. And, of course, I can always easily copy a note from one to the other.
Salgud

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
  • Salgud
Posted by jeffrey.putney:

And they did so without using the words 'theme' or 'design'. Very clever of them.

Yes, they very cleverly avoided using the terms they knew you were going to search for. Or you don't know how to search.

Try these, which I found in a few minutes, to start with:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/4649/-26253/please-hire-a-ui-designer.html
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4575/-36661/wow-your-losing-alot-of-customers-fix-the-user-interface.html
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/7411/-38507/toodledo-alternate-web-interface.html

Sneak attack, huh?

This message was edited Jul 30, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next