Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
  • Score: 2
Posted by jeffrey.putney:

You must be new here. There are many features that people have been begging for, for YEARS, that have been promised, for YEARS, that have yet to materialize. Then, you log in one day, and see that they have been clandestinely spending all of their time over a number of months on some flashy new theme that no one has been asking for, is extremely frustrating.

Please define "clandestine". They've been saying for some time that they were working on major project. I, and others, surmised it might well be the long promised new UI we so desperately wanted, more than any other single feature. I, and others, based upon the vast majority of posters, am delighted with the result.

Since you didn't want it, you claim no one did. Obviously, you rarely visit these forums, or, if you do visit, you're very selective in your reading. One of the longest running threads has been the request for a new, prettier, more user friendly UI. And that's along with many, many separate threads started at least once a week, asking for the same.

You have every right to your view of the new face, but please, don't claim to represent the majority just because you didn't want it and, by predisposition, don't like it. If you can read, look at the comments since the new version arrived. Yes, there are quite a few complaints about being surprised, but the vast majority are extremely pleased both that the new UI has finally arrived, and at it's appearance and utility.

Maybe TD made a mistake by not announcing it more publicly, but I'll happily take a surprise gift that is simultaneously highly useful and aesthetically pleasing rather than just puttering along with the mundane. YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Renewed my Pro Account today
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
I renewed my account pro account this afternoon, and did it gladly. Even if the new version hadn't been released now, I would have renewed. This is really great software, and has been for a while. Now it even has a pretty face, something I've wanted from the beginning. Definitely worth the wait.

Not only did they pretty it up, they also made it faster and more user-friendly. Doesn't get much better than that in the realm of software. Add to that some of the best support in the biz, and you have something pretty great.

Every few years, I find an application that I really, really like, just enjoy using. Toodledo is definitely one of my favs. Thanks to Jake and the developers for such excellent work. This is the best $15 I will spend this year!
Salgud

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo's abuse of canned responses
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
Great idea! Please increase your repertoire of canned responses, they seem much more sincere when there's five instead of three! ;)
Salgud

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Thanks, I can print an entire list now. Still would like to print in a larger font, but I think it's fitting to page width. Longer term, it would be great to have more control of printing, say by having a separate list of columns in the printed version than in the on-screen display.
Salgud

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: new task defaults not working
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Mine appears, on brief testing, to be corrected. Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Printing problems in new format
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Retested in both FF5 & IE7, problem persists.
Salgud

• Salgud
I suspected this new layout was capable of violence, but I didn't expect it this soon. Call 911!
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
  • Salgud
So, what'd you guys do with the rest of your day? :)

Just printed a long task list from FF5, and still only printing the on screen portion of the list, and still in a 6pt font.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: All Tasks Tag ????
  • Salgud
I'm seeing this too.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Printing problems in new format
  • Salgud
I went back and printed a note. It's in a very small font too.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: new task defaults not working
  • Salgud
I'm seeing it in both.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Posted by jereunderwood:
I am not seeing the new and improved appearance. In fact everything has gone kind of gray. I am using IE 9 and am currently trying the free version. Does this new appearance only work on the premium plans?

If you're seeing the gray, you're seeing the new version. The old one is gone, you can't see that one anymore if you wanted to. It has nothing to do with which plan you have, it's the same website.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by keberdle:
Can I get back to OLD design? I am not happy whit this new one.

To all those not liking the new design at first glance, I suggest you give it a few hours before you decide. I've found my work flow to be much, much faster & easier, once I figured out where things are. Yes, almost everything has moved, but nearly everything is quicker to get to and makes more sense than in the old TD.

If it's simply aesthetics, I imagine there will be styles available soon.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Just invented a new kind of Search
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
Not that someone else hasn't thought of this before.

I have a 1:1 meeting with my boss every Monday morning. I have a task called "Prep for 1:1" in TD where I make a list of all the things I need to discuss with him. This tasks starts on Tues and ends the following Monday and repeats every week. So far, so good. The problem was, finding this task amongst all the others every time I needed to add something to it. I was doing an ad hoc search for 1:1 every time, which was a PITA.

This morning, I tagged it "1:1", and created a saved Search for 1:1. Now, I just click on that Saved Search, click on the Notes icon in the task, and there I am. Never thought of using a Search just to find one task, but it sure saves time here.

It has also occurred to me that this would be good use of a Note in the Notebook. Might try that too.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Posted by 19097todo:
Where has the hotlist gone?

Same place it always has been, but you get to it from a different location. Upper left corner, click "Main", "Hotlist" will be below in the list of tabs in the "Main" area.

Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by Rick Kennedy:
New version is totally broken in IE 6. Yes, I know, you can't be backward compatible forever, but some of us are in a corporate environment and aren't allowed to upgrade browsers. Now I need a new solution.

I've downloaded FF5 on my work computer to get around the many limitations of IE7, our "approved" browser here at the state. Of course, you may not have that option.
Salgud

• Salgud
Just a reminder, if you do use EN, you can now paste a Note Link from EN into the Notes field of a task in TD. Can be very handy.
Salgud

• Salgud
There is an option in the Settings menu under "Show Tasks As", under Grid mode, to "Show Note icon on left". Only effects Grid mode.
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: new task defaults not working
  • Salgud
Most of my defaults are working, except for priority. It's set to medium, but comes up in a new task as -1. ???

I've tried resetting it, but that doesn't help.

Salgud

• Salgud
I use Evernote for most of what the TD notes might be used for as it is more feature rich. That said, I do use TD notes for information relevant to TD. When I was beta testing TD, I kept my notes in a note in TD, it was just very handy. Right now I've been inspired by the new version of TD that I'm aslo revamping my entire TD system and making it more "trusted". I'm keeping my notes on how to do it in the Notebook.

If I wasn't using EN for my notes, I could use the TD notes instead. I like/need a place to keep miscellaneous information on my computer that just doesn't belong anywhere in particular. It's like the junk drawer in my kitchen, and in most kitchens, where everything that doesn't go in it's own special place gets put.

For example, when I reserve a conference room here at work, there is standard information I have to submit with each request. I keep that list in my notes. Important emails that I will want to have long after they've been auto-deleted out of my mailbox. Instructions on how to do the more complex things I do on a regular basis. Links to commonly visited websites or websites that it's helpful to have some notes about, not just a link.

Ever have to look up how to do something tricky in Word, like Mail Merge? (At one time, M$ got mail merges down to where they were relatively easy, and since then, have made them progressively more and more difficult. I call them "dehancements".) I keep notes on how to do these things, partly because I only do them every few months, just long enough to forget how I did them last.

So any information that doesn't have an obvious home, especially small scraps of information. Once you start using it, new ways to use Notes will become increasingly apparent.

Best of luck.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next