ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Printing problems in new format
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 1
I printed from both FF5 and IE7 and am seeing the same problems. The task list is truncated where the tasks appear in the TD window, though there are many more below. They are in a very small font.

Also, the list and the scrollbar is being truncated in the TD window in IE7 about an inch above the bottom of the window. 3 or 4 more tasks could be displayed.

I'm not seeing any horizontal truncation though.
Salgud

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: New interface
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
  • Score: 0
On point 1, no, you can't. For now. They have already said they're looking into bringing that feature back, as so many have already requested it.
Salgud

• Salgud
To sort by Due Date, just click on the column header for Due Date. To reverse the sort, just click on it again.
Salgud

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: My next email concerning the beta
  • Salgud
This is great! Now I'll hardly ever have to leave the Search page. I can just filter a search for tags or contexts. Which begs the question, why isn't status in the filter list? Also, shouldn't there be a "Clear" button at the top of the Filters list? Maybe an "invert"?

Sorry! You guys just got the new format done, and already I'm clamoring for improvements. No rest for the wicked, I guess. :)

Thanks again for a great job!
Salgud

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: My next email concerning the beta
  • Salgud
I didn't realize that the new interface was going to be released today, so I was working up another set of comments to send to Jake. So here they are:

I just did a stupid experiment, but it revealed the worst thing I've found yet in this new format. If I switch from Notes to Tasks without saving my edits, I don't get a warning, and whatever I've added is erased! There definitely should be a warning when I switch if I haven't saved my edits. I just lost a bunch of them.

"Add Page" should be "Add Note". It is a note, isn't it? I looked for an "Add Note" button for a second or two before I decided "Add Page" must be it.

The Edit/Cancel buttons would be better over to the left of that panel. Actually, I think the Edit and Save buttons should be the same button, just different text, maybe different color?.

In the beta, my work flows much better, in part because most of what I use is over to the left. I rarely have to mouse over very far to the right (except in the task table itself). I'd like to see this taken even further, so that the only things on the right are the "Settings | Pro Subscription | Signout" menu (which most of us rarely use) is over there. It now seems to interfere with that flow when I have to move the cursor all the way across a 22" screen to Edit. The Cancel button I use less, so it's not as important, but I'd prefer it over by the Save button.

Is it intentional that I can't change subtask setting (flattened, indented, hidden) in Search mode?

Don't like how buttons that control display of details and grid/multi-line mode. This can be improved. I'd prefer a Notes icon, a Details icon, and a Grid/Multi-line icon. It would give us more control, and, more importantly, be less confusing. The way it is now, you have to play with it a bit to figure out that the Details button works differently depending on whether you're in Grid or Multi-line mode. When this change required going to the Settings menu to make, this change of behavior of the Details button made more sense - there were too distinct modes of display. Now, that line is blurred - it's just a button click away. So having another button that depends on the setting of the Mode button is more confusing, especially for beginners.

Either way you go with these buttons, I think the order they're displayed in should change. Seems to me they should be in a sort of hierarchical order, from left to right. So the Open/Close Dividers button, which has the most profound effect on the display (and one that I never use. does anyone use this feature?), should be to the left. Then would be the Grid/Multi-line Mode button, the Details button, and the Print button. At least that makes more sense to me. This way, the Details button, which is effected directly by the Mode button, is to it's right, which in a GUI, seems subordinate to me, which is what it is.

In the forums, title of thread has always been hard to find - need bigger, possibly colored font?
Salgud

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
TD - you guys really threw me a curve this morning! I was using the beta as I have been for days, and when I tried to go to the forums at lunch, I couldn't log in. Kept trying and trying, finally decided to come to the regular site, and Voila! Bit of a surprise.

I want to add my impressions to others, as I've been using the beta for a few days. It took a few hours, but since then, I find everything faster and easier. I can get most anywhere in a couple of clicks, very little mousing about and running through menus. A couple of times in the last couple of days, I've returned to the old TD and found it confusing and frustrating, even though I've been using it for over a year. Not to mention the new look. It still may not be the prettiest task manager around, but at least I don't feel ashamed to be seen in public with it anymore. :) I like how it looks and how it works much, much better than old TD.

Thanks again to the TD folks. This is a huge improvement, and I think it will attract a lot of users who were put off by the interface, understandably. In fact, when I first looked at TD a couple of years ago, I went to RTM instead, mostly based on the look and feel. I don't think I'd have made the same decision had TD looked as it does now. I hope others feel the same way. Congratulations on a great job!
Salgud

Posted Jul 25, 2011 in: Repeats
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2011
At present, no. This is on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Jul 21, 2011 in: New Skin for Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2011
For FF, the S is at the very bottom left, in the frame.
Salgud

Posted Jul 20, 2011 in: Task Dependency Status
Score: -2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2011
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Jul 20, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jul 20, 2011 in: Task Dependency Status
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2011
  • Score: 2
Posted by Toodledo:
I am sorry that we do not have this feature yet. To my knowledge, no other popular online tasks managers have this either. I think Microsoft Project has it. This is on our to-do list, but it is a very complicated feature to add. We don't have a roadmap for this feature, but it is frequently requested so it will come sooner rather than later.

But MS Project is hardly a task manager. It is a full-blown Critical Path Method project scheduler, meaning it takes months/years to learn and use properly. I used it, taught it and consulted on it for years. My introductory class was 2 days long, the the first half day we never opened the software, they just learned the underlying theory (Critical Path Method scheduling) so they could apply Project effectively. I am an expert on it, and have never given a thought to using it for my daily task list. In fact, I, and others, taught that each task in MS Project was the parent task for a list of tasks for the assigned resource. Project would drive anyone insane if they tried to use it as a task manager. Of course, if they knew it, and tried to use it as a task manager (I have seen this attempted), they were already insane.

So comparing any task manager on the market with Project is like comparing a pocket calculator with a PC.
Salgud

Posted Jul 14, 2011 in: SubTasks with Predecessors
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2011
Long and often requested, is on "the list".

This message was edited Jul 14, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jul 13, 2011 in: Book about time management
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2011
As I remember, this system was replaced because it's hard to multiply XVII by MCMXIII.
Salgud

Posted Jul 13, 2011 in: Subtasks levels
  • Salgud
Posted by iaroslav.golub:
How can one or two additional levels of tasks make the interface more convoluted?.

Because it would add one or two more levels of tasks? There are already problems with hiding/showing subtasks and the many issues it creates. More levels would most definitely exacerbate those issues, and maybe even create new ones.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2011.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by jlmaggetto:
My understanding is now clearly that Toodledo is not a fully functional personal management tool.

You forgot two very important words. "For me". Works just great for bunches of us.
Salgud

• Salgud
Long and often requested, it's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Jul 11, 2011 in: repeat every X weekdays
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2011
I support being able to set repeating tasks in any form and being able to stipulate "only on weekdays". This would be a great feature!
Salgud

Posted Jul 11, 2011 in: Subtasks levels
  • Salgud
Posted by Toodledo:
We have decided to not pursue multiple levels of subtasks for the time being. It adds too much complexity to the UI, which is already pretty complex. We will leave it on our to-do list, and maybe we will revisit the decision in the future.

Very happy to hear that. I think TD is pretty complex right now, don't really want to add features that will make the interface more convoluted, which this one surely would.
Salgud

Posted Jul 11, 2011 in: A possible new Satus?
  • Salgud
Pick any status that you don't already use, or need less than what this.
Salgud

Posted Jul 11, 2011 in: Multiple folders
  • Salgud
You can't assign a task to more than one folder at a time. I don't believe this is slated to change. Generally, we use Tags when we want to be able to assign a task to more than one.
Salgud

Posted Jul 07, 2011 in: New Skin for Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2011
In my previous post, I mentioned that I can't multi-edit the dates in FF. I have found out that the date entry box is actually there, it's just underneath the multi-edit box instead of on top of it. Shouldn't this be relatively easy to fix? Couldja? Huh? Couldja? :)

This message was edited Jul 07, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next