ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by boydston01"
boydston01

Posted Dec 07, 2016 in: Google Calendar Two-way Sync
Score: 0
Jake, do you see two-way syncing with google calendar ever happening? The ability to move tasks around on the calendar would be huge. As a point of reference, the only app—that I have seen—that does this is gqueues. Their tasks sync as calendar items, which works pretty good.
boydston01

Posted Dec 07, 2016 in: ordering tasks
Score: 2
The simply answer is no: there is no "drag and drop." (except with subtasks only) Jake's link gives more details.

Toodledo's strengths go the "opposite" direction with very powerful filtering and sorting so that everything is automatically sorted in defined ways.

Essentially, it is a different approach.
boydston01

Posted May 24, 2016 in: Toodledo Roadmap Update
Great to hear. Them sounds like good plans. Thanks for communicating!
boydston01

Posted May 05, 2016 in: Disappearing tasks
Can you identify something they "problem" tasks have in common? This could be difficult it there is more than one reason so maybe a few have something in common and others have something else in common.
boydston01

Posted Apr 20, 2016 in: Editing new task on iOS
Thanks for the [negative] confirmation! I suppose my recollection of every task also having a rainbow unicorn watermark is also incorrect. ;)
boydston01

I would not call them powerful. Nice and very minimal reminder app, yes. So minimal you cannot even add one without a date, because they are nothing but reminders. Reminders that can repeat. That's it.
boydston01

Posted Apr 18, 2016 in: Editing new task on iOS
Ok, thanks for the info.

Am I remembering correctly that adding a task on iOS used to be done directly in the "full" form?
boydston01

Posted Apr 18, 2016 in: All lists are custom lists!
Oh yeah! "Z" to reveal details, so that notes will be searched, then Ctrl F. Very nice workaround! Thank you.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2016.
boydston01

Posted Apr 18, 2016 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
Yes, it's such a great feature. For me, though, it is unusable because of that little detail. Apparently, I think in those terms (next Sunday...) a lot when setting dates.
boydston01

Posted Apr 13, 2016 in: All lists are custom lists!
Score: 1
Integrate "custom lists" (saved searches) and the built-in lists so that they can be managed similarly—and saved searches are not "searches" but regular lists. And the default list could be customizable. As far as I can tell, every list can be replicated using saved searches, AND can be better customized as the user needs—which kind of makes the built-in lists obsolete.

My 2 big personal pain points are:

1. I want to get rid of most of the lists! Saved searches is so powerful, I can create filters/sorts that exactly match my workflow and all the default views/tabs just clutter it up massively—especially on iOS where the amount of stuff is more impactful.

2. I can't search my saved searches. I really need to search my "custom lists."

When a user creates a new list, there can be options to create any of the original default lists. Then each list can be further customized, if needed, just like saved searches. This also opens the doors to organizing lists however we want.

Of course, users should start with all the default lists because learning to build custom lists should come later!
boydston01

Posted Apr 13, 2016 in: Editing new task on iOS
When adding a task on iOS, it starts with a big blank field to type in task title, then goes to all the details for editing. How do I go straight to seeing all the details without having to tap done first?
boydston01

Posted Apr 13, 2016 in: Disappearing tags
I've had problems with tags disappearing. I thought it might be expected behavior because they disappeared when all the tasks—with that tag—were completed. I have a dummie task (buried somewhere!) with the tag so it is always available to select.
boydston01

Posted Mar 09, 2016 in: Introducing our new Homepage
Score: 2
Considering that almost all todo apps boast that they allow you to "work your own way," I wonder if there is a clear and concise way to show/communicate that Toodledo actually allows you to create your own system (especially via saved searches). I think this is what really sets Toodledo apart.
boydston01

Posted Mar 09, 2016 in: Hide Future Tasks on iOS?
Not sure if this will help you but I use a saved search (in fact, I only use saved searches) with this criteria:
start date - is before - tomorrow
OR due date - is before - tomorrow
boydston01

Posted Jan 26, 2016 in: Windows 10 is not going away afterall.
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
In the past I pushed for a Windows App as I use Windows and Windows Phone. With the lack of a Windows option, I purchased an Android tablet for offline use. Quite frankly I have been disappointed with the app experience and not longer use it.

Toodledo should stop trying to write apps for every popular platform. It makes more sense to concentrate resources on making the web browser option even better and make it more widely available (offline etc.). Trying to make apps for each platform has the effect of sucking resources away from the web browser development and limiting its growth.

Yes, but there other takes on local apps versus browser apps. In my opinion, one of the main negatives for toodledo is that it is a browser app which, inherently, has lots of limitations. But, as you said, supporting multiple platforms takes a lot of resources. It's a very tricky balance...
boydston01

Posted Jan 25, 2016 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
Score: 4
Maybe a special "view" that supports manual reorder. I think I have seen a few people say that manually sorting is primarily important for "today's tasks." So, similar to the hotlist, this view has selectable criteria for which tasks show up in the list. The manual sorting is then saved in this view only. Might be a way to feasibly integrate the functionality?
boydston01

Posted Jan 19, 2016 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
Score: 1
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by Jake:
you can add both start-dates and start-times via Smart Quick Add. type /Dec 25 and the popup menu will give you the choice of adding that as a due-date or start-date.
This also works if you type the day of the week, but it assumes that you want the date to be this week. For example, if you type /Tue, it gives you Dec 15 (which is in the past) instead of Dec 22, which is Tuesday next week.

Can you make it even smarter by assuming, if the start/due date is a day of the week that is in the past, it means the next one that occurs in the future? E.g. Today is Tuesday and I enter task with "/mon". It should assume the following Monday, not yesterday.
boydston01

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: How did toodledo become so awesome?
By the way, I recently subscribed (been meaning to for long time) simply to support you all. I need NONE of the extra features—just want to support the business.
boydston01

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
Score: 3
Jake, you might look at how Appigo implements auto sorting criteria and manual ordering at the same (it's one thing they did really well). It's like a task was placed in the correct sort order when it was created but the list itself can then be manually reordered. I imagine it might be a fundamental change in programming, but my point is the mix worked well.

Maybe there can be certain views (or saved searched, or whatever) that are for manually reordering. E.g. my 20 tasks with a start and/or due date of today appear in a special list that I can manually reorder them. That order is saved in that view alone.

To the point of this example, I am guessing that "today's" tasks are the real pain point where manually reordering is super helpful.

And charge for it!

This message was edited Dec 17, 2015.
boydston01

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Nested or indented subtasks on iOS?
Thanks for the information. Looking forward to that.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next