ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2015
  • Score: 0
I don't generally look at all tasks. I mostly use saved searches, but even looking at a small subset is slow. I read something in that older post about saved searches causing the slow-down, so I've recently eliminated quite a few of mine.

>>Try organizing your tasks into folders or smaller lists.
What is a "smaller list?"

I have been trying to figure out how to "hide" (i.e., NOT sync) the items that I currently have with deferred statuses, but it doesn't seem that I can do this. I could export them to CSV and import them when I'm ready for them -- but that changes the create and modified dates, and I really don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Also - it does seem that since a few versions ago, it syncs with every possible movement. If I am in TD on the phone and viewing a search result, then briefly flip away to another app and back again -- it will re-sync, and slow me down. I have background refresh enabled, and sync on start/quit/edit turned ON.

If I can find a way to eliminate a large subset of my tasks from synching, I'd love to do it.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2015
I have 1200 total tasks (trying to clean those up), on iPhone 4s.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2015
Back in 2013, someone complained about a slow-down in sync (synch?) speed on the iPhone app. They said they had lots of tasks, and I believe Jake responded that many saved searches could affect the app speed, as well.

Well, I may be the winner of the "too damned many tasks" award but, until I figure out a way to clean them out while satisfying my OCD tendencies, I need to know if this problem was ever solved. Jake, I believe you asked for specifics, in a "trouble ticket," of number of tasks, and sync settings.

Is this still something that I can get help with?

Opening the app, moving through my tasks, jumping to another app and back again -- all really really slow, to the point where I'm looking for other ways to keep track of what I need to be doing.

I have DEFERRED many many of my tasks -- so that I don't see them -- but I think they still sync, so that's not really helping. Can we choose to NOT sync deferred tasks?

Oh -- and if anyone has advice for "archiving" my "someday" tasks (but being able to bring them back in with their ACTUAL created/modified dates) -- I'd love to hear it.

This message was edited Jun 06, 2015.
M

Posted Jun 05, 2015 in: IFTTT auto-tag
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2015
Is it possible to NOT tag my incoming items created via my IFTTT recipes with the tag of "IFTTT?"

My recipe does not specify a tag, so I'm not sure why they're getting one.
M

Posted Jun 05, 2015 in: Share extensions and how they work
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2015
I love being able to use my iPhone's "share extensions" (I think that's what they're called?) to take stuff I find when I'm browsing on my phone and create a reminder in TD to deal with it later (because I've lost opened pages in Safari, before).

However -- it appears that the share extension for TD works differently in different programs. I have no idea what goes into writing these but, when I try to share to Toodledo from the Feedly app -- all I get is a TITLE for the item I'm viewing, and not it's related URL (which I would expect to become the body of my task.

Is this something that SHOULD, or COULD work? Can we see how Toodledo's share extension is set to work for various apps, so we know what to expect?
M

Posted May 20, 2015 in: TD Review at Blinklist
  • M
  • Posted: May 20, 2015
I'm curious, because I'm "shopping" again -- how'd your "affair" with IQTell end up? Badly? Or on friendly terms, but you're just not that into him/her?
M

Posted May 20, 2015 in: Addicted to task apps?
  • M
  • Posted: May 20, 2015
I'm back looking at Handle, again, thinking I'll never find my "ideal" task manager.

I really like how I can turn an email into a task but CONNECT the two, with Handle. Not just hold a link (I have multiple gmail accounts, so the message links saved into a TD task don't really work for me, because I have to know WHICH ACCOUNT the email resides in), but to REALLY connect.

But I love the flexibility/number of categorization fields that I get with TD, that I don't get with Handle.

So again, I'll ask (since no one seemed interested, in January) -- what, if any, are the plans for Gmail integration from within TD?

Thanks
M

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: Custom Priorities
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2015
And, though I've requested this before and I don't believe it's being considered, my need for a number field is NOT about sorting.

<>
M

Posted Mar 10, 2015 in: Custom Priorities
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2015
Jake,
Which of those is a perfect use for tags?

My desired use of a "drop-down numbers field" is unwieldy with tags. I end up with way too many tags!
M

Posted Mar 07, 2015 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2015
I'd either need defaults to apply to IFTTT inputs, or have those fields (start date and status) be available to modify through recipes.
M

Posted Mar 06, 2015 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2015
Are task defaults not always working, when a task is added via IFTTT? My STATUS and START DATE defaults seem to not be taken.
M

Posted Mar 03, 2015 in: Indented subtasks and page refresh
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Posted by Jake:
We will look into it and see what we can figure out.

Any update on this? I'd love for Show > Indented to be my default, all the time.
M

• M
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2015
Thanks - it does work!
M

• M
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2015
AND... not working again.
M

• M
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2015
This is very strange, and maybe I'm hallucinating -- but, today, I accidentally clicked the Toodledo-provided bookmarklet (which we all know shouldn't work anymore) from within a GMail message and then IMMEDIATELY clicked Geoff's (original) shortcut to create an EMAIL containing the message's URL -- and what I got was a Toodledo bookmarklet popup containing the correct message URL! Clicking the 2, in quick sequence, seemed to restore the functionality of the original bookmarklet.

If i'm hallucinating, it's good sh**.

I'd love to hear the results of someone else trying this!
M

Posted Jan 26, 2015 in: Addicted to task apps?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2015
Hi, my name is M, and I'm an appoholic... (everyone: "HI, M!")

I'm always on the looking for something that's going to "solve" my seemingly endless task list. As previously mentioned, I'm ADD, OCD, BSC (bat-sh** crazy), and so I have a compulsion to write down as "necessary" any idea that comes into my head.

Toodledo has been great for that.

What it hasn't been great for is helping me deal with the fact that probably 50% of my "tasks" either come to me, or are updated/managed, in Gmail (and other mail providers).

This weekend, I stumbled on a new app: http://www.handle.com/

It's slick. It has EXCELLENT (from what I can see) gmail integration (make a message a task, label/archive the message automatically, snooze, etc.), though I have concerns about privacy. And I'm not sure it's going to be as flexible as TD in managing my tasks that way that I want/need to.

However, as I started to use it, I realized that I can kind of simulate what it does in Toodledo, and keep the flexibility that the multitude of fields and the saved searches give me, in TD.

The one part that's missing is that really integrated access to emails.

I know Gmail integration was discussed as "on the list," back in 2011 and 2012.

I know that the bookmarklet kind of gave me integration (though with a few additional steps), but that it stopped working, but there's an alternative that helps me email a link to TD.

But I can't use these on my iPhone, and I do a lot of task/email cleanup on my iPhone, during downtime.

What are the plans, please, for real Gmail integration (like that that Handle provides, perhaps?) from within TD?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Please refer to this OLD question, from the forums -- is it possible to do this, yet?

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13019/-62841/read.html
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
  • Score: 1
Geoff,

Sorry, but this is not generating the gmail url into the notes field, for me.

I'm using Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

thanks
M

Posted Jan 14, 2015 in: Custom Priorities
  • M
I kind of like this -- not just for priorities but, if it was a generic incremental or drop-down number field, I could use it to quickly track "days skipped" on tasks, to see which ones I'm "accidentally" determining are NOT high-priority.
M

Posted Jan 14, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 3
  • M
  • Score: 3
Could we get "skip to page" links at the TOP of the messages within each forum section (so we don't have to go to the bottom, on each forum post listing screen, to move through the pages) ?

Thanks
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next