ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2012
  • Score: -1
@JPR - I saw that and was going to use the forums but it wasn't clear if I should post in this announcement thread or in the questions forum. I didn't hear back and got busy with other stuff, so just decided "whatever".
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2012
  • Score: 0
I found using folders for different parts of my work just introduced unnecessary barriers, so I got rid of them.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 24, 2012 in: New list of tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2012
You could probably use folders to keep your daily and weekly lists separate.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2012
  • Score: 1
Well done Jake... this is impressive and a big improvement over the previous site.

Do you want feedback in this thread or in the Questions forum?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 22, 2012 in: Need "Context Groups"
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2012
Posted by Purveyor:
This feature is available in LifeBalance and in MyLifeOrganized, but neither one has an online solution.

Hi Purveyor,

From memory, SmartyTask has Context groups - you can create a context with any number of sub-contexts.
http://www.smartytask.com/tour/
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2012
Posted by davidtatum:
Or should I address my query to Toodledo?

Yes, in the Questions forum.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2012
There is no facility in Toodledo to respond to emails that you've forwarded to your task list.

At work I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 which has quite a powerful search tool built in. So I just file incoming emails that I have forwarded to Toodledo and know that I can quickly find the email again by searching for a small string of text or the subject when I need to reply. GMail has a fairly robust search engine built in so you could do the same.

One thing to be aware of with your Pro-plus subscription... Toodledo requires unique file names for attachments, so if you are forwarding lots of emails in and an attachment has the same name as one that already exists in a previous email, the older one will be overwritten.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 19, 2012 in: Feature request: Mission Statement
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2012
Couldn't you use lifelong goals in toodledo as your "wall"?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2012
http://www.toodledo.com/organize/folders.php

http://www.toodledo.com/organize/files.php

Both are on the Organize menu.

Although there is no count that I can see.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2012 in: URL Links
  • PeterW 
I'd prefer links to open in a new tab (not a new window, agree that this is annoying). An option would be nice (e.g. links open in: existing tab/new tab/new window) but there is a workaround so this is not critical in my opinion.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2012 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
@Purveyor - thanks for looking that up. I can rarely get the forum search to find what I want!

@Toodledo - thanks for the additional clarification.

@Salgud - my mileage (kilometerage where I live) does vary. I guess it depends on your point of view and when you started. E.g. if you began using Toodledo a month before the interface change I am sure you would feel it is very responsive. For those power users who waited years and eventually gave up and went to another service, perhaps not.

Some of these guys are prolific online forum posters and quite influential with other users so it's a risk consigning them to the sub-3% category. I'd guess that the critical things they ask for would benefit 97% of users.

There is only one thing I really want and once I get it, I will join the 97% who say nothing.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2012 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
I'm not saying you've ever said that you don't listen to feedback. What you've said is that the forums are only a tiny percentage of the total user base (perhaps 3% or so?) and as such requests for features in the forums are not representative and therefore don't influence your decisions on what you will work on.

I'm not going to spend time searching the forums for this because the search function is quite poor but there are at least a few posts along these lines in one of the news threads.

And as I've said before, I have no issue with this but I do think it's worth pointing out occasionally to eager forum posters who see your "thanks, it's on our todo list" and expect that their request is a given in the coming months. The fact is, said request may never happen.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 16, 2012 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
We read everything posted in these forums and listen very carefully to our users. These forums, and our support tickets heavily influence our roadmap.

That's kinda inconsistent with previous comments you've made.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 15, 2012 in: Task Dependency Status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2012
Nope.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 15, 2012 in: Completed Tasks
  • PeterW 
PeterW 

• PeterW 
not good for me. I use Appigo Todo on iPhone and it has an inbox which equates to No Folder. If I create an inbox in Toodledo then I have two inboxes on the iPhone.

I do have a saved search inbox, but I hate that there is no task count so I have to keep looking at it to check if there is something there.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2012
I agree. I also want it to be be named Inbox.

You should repost this in the Questions section of the forum. Toodledo doesn't read this section.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: How to Hide Notes?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
Posted by separ8r:
Ah! I had been searching for something abiout "notes" - that button says "details" - but yes indeed, it does hide the notes.

Yes, it's a bit of a trap. The reason that button is called "Details" is because if you run Toodledo in "multi-line mode", most of the fields are hidden from view and this button displays them along with the notes field.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: Auto forwarding emails to Toodledo
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
I haven't considered this as I probably only forward 10% or less of my emails into Toodledo.

I occasionally leave emails in my Outlook inbox that need a response even if I have a task for them in Toodledo - probably not a good practice but it's sometimes hard to find where I filed an email if I am responding two weeks later.

If your scheme is working for you then that's great.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2012
Great post, Purveyor!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next