ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Christoph Dollis"
Christoph Dollis

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 0
Additional thought (pretty important) --

Now that the Toodledo iOS app DOES have the coloured corners for priority (which are a good idea), it is really a bad idea to have a totally different colour scheme for Toodledo.com's priorities after selecting "Settings" > "Row Style:" > "Title is styled by priority".

The priority colour scheme on the iOS app (e.g., with Top Priority being in red instead of, as on Toodledo.com, a light-gold colour, which is actually less visible than the dark-brown colour of High Priority) is much, much better.

I would strongly urge you to change the colour palette for the "Title is styled by priority" on Toodledo.com to match the colour scheme for priority on the iOS app. Otherwise, wasted time, confusion, and distracted attention will prevail.

On the plus side, this should be a super easy fix ... just a bit of CSS.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
Christoph Dollis

This new one is a huge improvement vs. 3.0. But a couple issues:

1. On the iPhone, the task font size is smaller than in 3.0, but it is still too large -- I could fit more info in with the 2.x version of the app, small font size selected. It would be good to have the preference back to select a smaller font size. Maybe even have the option to select a larger font size for harder-of-sight people. In that case, call the current one medium.

2. I don't use priority in my system for any purpose, but for the mobile app, I HAVE to enable the priority field anyway in order for both my Hotlist and Toodledo-icon Hotlist badge to work. This was true in both version 2 and 3. It's a minor bug, however it clutters up the display and it would be nicer if the Hotlist worked properly even if we didn't use the priority field.

Further, then we wouldn't have useless coloured corners. I've also noticed that not having priority selected as an option in the new mobile app lightens up the background of the tasks to pure white, which is nice.

Bottom line? Users shouldn't have to jury-rig the mobile app by selecting an unneeded field just to get the Hotlist to work on it. Doing this isn't necessary for it to work right on Toodledo.com.

Kudos: the colour scheme of the mobile app, matching the fine colours on the website, is a BIG improvement.

Christoph Dollis

I'd upgrade and try it, but only if I can downgrade if need be.

My memory's pretty vague on this, but I seem to remember it didn't have the same Hotlist icon-badge functionality or some such. That was a dealbreaker with me because I use it (and my calender app icon badge) extensively --- assuming my memory is even correct.

Is there some kind of easy way to downgrade again if I don't like this upgrade? Maybe release the old app on the Apple store as a "Basic Toodledo App" or "Official Toodledo Old School App" or some such?

And for what it's worth, I absolutely love Toodledo for its sorting functionality. I've built a near perfect task management system for myself, which wouldn't be nearly so good without Toodledo's website and iOS app functionality. I'm a ProPlus subscriber, have renewed my membership a couple times I believe, and am a huge fan.

That said, you really ought to do what Astrid does well and allow repeating tasks to work properly on the iOS app *offline* even after syncing with the website. It may take a bit of thinking about, but it can be done.

And an Android app would seem prudent for your business, even though I prefer iOS.

Those things aside, Toodledo is hands down the best task management app for customizing a system to one's liking. I also like the sounds of what you've done with the app's GUI after listening to your customers.

Oh --- as a further aside, I took an existing Google Chrome extension and customized it a bit so that it both has my Hotlist count as a badge on the Toodledo icon in Chrome ... and has the full version of Toodledo appear in an iframe inside a pop up when I click the button. It's handy. I can click a link in the pop up footer if I need to see the full website in its own browser tab, which I rarely do now.

Perhaps publishing something like that in the Chrome Web Store would help get some free publicity and more customers, plus add a nice feature for your existing Chrome-using customers (both paid and basic).

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6