Salgud

Posted Jul 07, 2011 in: Who are you? [again]
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by avdd:
No but it's pretty poor form.

At the least I suspect you should properly identify the company. Searches at both the CA and SEC registries yield no results.

All of the competition referred to on the help pages either proudly identify the personnel, or at the very least properly identify the company.

Might I suggest you'd be happier with a large software company, like Microsoft, whose corporate officers are publicly known as is the exact location of their offices? Seems like you're probably not well suited to doing business with small operations like TD who do great software in poor form.
Salgud

Posted Jul 07, 2011 in: Reordering checklists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2011
Yes, if you make them sub-tasks (must have pro membership)
Salgud

Posted Jul 06, 2011 in: Toodledo Development Slowing Down?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2011
They just posted in another thread that they've been working on something big, which will be out soon.
Salgud

Posted Jun 29, 2011 in: New Skin for Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2011
Been using this skin for a couple of weeks now. I still like the overall appearance. Unfortunately, it has issues. In FF5, it can't multi-edit Start Date, Due Date or Tags. The little box you would enter a new date/tag simply goes away when you click on it.

Still like it a lot.
Salgud

Posted Jun 24, 2011 in: Everledo - Evernotes in Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2011
Posted by javierplumey:
Things work very well in Firefox, but the integration is not very tight. ToodleDo, why haven't you integrated ToodleDo with Evernote yet?

Can't speak for TD here, but I suspect it is because there are over 1600 items on "the list". Probably this is one of them.
Salgud

Posted Jun 23, 2011 in: Adding tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2011
Just select that Folder and then create the tasks. They'll automatically be in that folder.
Salgud

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: Task Dependency Status
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by kpierce8:
Add me to the request list. Why not give each task a GUID. Add a dependency selector for other tasks and have the priority check to see if the task is completed. On each task with a dependency set a time frame to add a new due date. For example task one has a dependency on task 2 with a 3-day due date. If task one gets checked as completed, the prioroty notifier will catch it within 24-hours (or an hour or whatever interval makes sense). It then sets the Due-Date for task 2 to 3 days later.

I would prefer it be done rather differently. For me, it would work better if when I clicked a predecessor task complete, the successor task appeared at the top of the current list, like a newly entered task. I could then edit dates, etc, depending on the current circumstances. Having some predetermined duration for the successor task would not work, as I really wouldn't know what's appropriate until I completed the predecessor.

I imagine this is what will make programming this feature difficult. There are probably as many approaches to this as there are users. And we all think we're at Burger King!

This message was edited Jun 22, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: due date disappears
  • Salgud
I tried to duplicate this issue, but couldn't. When I edit a task, there is no "Save", I just change the appropriate field. When I do, the Due Date remains.
Salgud

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: Sorting Tags as numbers
  • Salgud
Posted by Opratte:
Hello, I use Tags as additional prioritization. Currently Tags are sorted as text only.

Is it possible for you to adjust the field to recognize numbers so that it will sort 4 prior to 30? Thanks

At present, no. Tags are sorted in the tag cloud and it the Tag View in order of most frequently used.

It's on "the list" to change this.
Salgud

Posted Jun 21, 2011 in: Toodledo is too complex?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2011
Not sure what you're saying, exactly, other than TD isn't working for you and RTM did. Seems like you probably ought to go back. I tried RTM for a while, and found I was endlessly tweaking, as you're doing now with TD.

I don't know why you haven't found any useful views, unless you've not tried Saved Searches. The views I've created for myself are the ones I use 80% of the time. That's where I see what is due Today/tomorrow, etc. Have you tried using them? Lots of help in the Help screens.

As for Goals, I used them briefly for a while, then dropped them, then tried using them again. In the interim, they'd become much more complex than they used to be and I can't get any links to appear on the chains, and I'm just too busy to spend time fooling with them, for now. They seem to work fine for others. AFAIK, tasks aren't supposed to appear in the Goals view, just the chain and your note. Have you looked at the Goals Help Screens?

Finally, it seems to me that 300-400 tasks is overwhelming. I don't believe that anyone can do justice to any one task if they have that many active tasks at one time, nor can any task management system help with the real issue. My experience is that this is usually some combination of "Business" addiction and a "Never-Say-No" compulsion. I've worked with a lot of people with one or both of these, and haven't yet met one who was in any way effective. Mostly they just run up and down the hallways with their hair on fire. We even had a guy come on these forums a while back bragging that he had 1600 items on his task list, and wanting to start a thread for a p***ing contest over who had the most tasks on his/her list! Would you consider simplifying your life a bit? This might help:

http://bit.ly/iMVfLv

Unless of course, you're too busy. :)
Salgud

Posted Jun 20, 2011 in: New Skin for Toodledo
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2011
  • Score: 1
This is a great looking skin! I wish it had the ability to change between multi-line view and grid view with an icon, instead of going to Account Settings, like the original now does. Is this possible and doable?
Salgud

Posted Jun 20, 2011 in: Checklists
  • Salgud
I, and others, use the sub-task feature (Pro membership only) to create templates to re-use for such lists. If you do a Search in the Help pages and in these forums, you'll find detailed descriptions on how to do this.
Salgud

Posted Jun 20, 2011 in: automatically schedule task to today
  • Salgud
Posted by franimals:
1. If you don't do the task it will just go away and appear again tomorrow - it won't appear as overdue.

When does it "go away"? When does it reappear?
Salgud

Posted Jun 10, 2011 in: Problems using To-Do List on Firefox
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2011
I'm using TD via FF 4.01, and it's working fine.
Salgud

Posted Jun 09, 2011 in: Repeating Tasks w/out Dates
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2011
TD doesn't have that feature, not do any of the many task managers I've worked with over the last 20 years. Do you know of one that has that feature?
Salgud

Posted Jun 08, 2011 in: Setting Due Time
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2011
  • Score: -1
Definitely possible. You do have to turn on that feature by going to "Account Settings" (in menu to left of task list), select "Features/Functions" edit, and check Due Date & Due Time in the list. Then they'll be available.
Salgud

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: Toodledo for ADHD
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
I'll try my best to answer your questions. I too am ADHD, which has necessitated my keeping task lists since my college days. I understand at least that part of your plight.

I'll start by saying I'm not a GTDer, so I can't help you much in it's application. I'm not a GTGer because I find it soul-less. With apologies to those who do use GTD, I picture someone with hundreds, if not thousands (we've had people post here with more than a thousand tasks in their list, even wanting us all to post how many tasks we have on ours!) of tasks, who never says no, and probably isn't doing a very good job at anything. I think that "busyness" addiction is a common malady, at least in the US (I dont' have much experience elsewhere) to which I refuse to subscribe. (Now I'll get back down off my soapbox.) I prefer the approach described here:
http://zenhabits.net/zen-to-done-ztd-the-ultimate-simple-productivity-system/

which is all about setting priorities for my life and doing less instead of more. Don't know if that would work form someone in your situation or not.

As to your points:
1. TD does not have a "postpone" feature like you describe. If I remember correctly, it is on " the list" of over 1600 enhancements they are planning to implement eventually.

2. Task dependencies are on "the list" also.

3a. I would do the mood states as tags since, for now, statuses are pre-programmed and non-editable (making them editable is on "the list"). Create your tags, then create Saved Searches for them to make them easier to access as your mood changes.

3b. There's no built-in feature to turn down your projects. However, it is easy to do if you give each task in your project a unique identifier (which I do) so you can filter for that unique identifier, then multi-edit all the tasks and change the status to something like inactive, waiting, holding, etc. I would use status to do this, but you could use something else if you prefer. The unique identifier could be a certain status, a tag, or a keyword in the task names. So there are lot's of ways to handle this.

Of course, you can also use Starring to control which tasks you see and don't see in a Saved Search to handle other issues you mention.

I think that TD is probably your best bet to do all the things you need, even though it doesn't have them all at this time. I don't know of any other task manager that does. The other you might consider is OmniFocus. I've never used it, but I understand it is quite flexible and powerful.

Another factor you might consider is support. Having spend many years using online forums to help with software, I can tell you that TD has some of the best support you'll find, along with a friendly atmosphere and frequent responses from the developers. To me, that's worth a dozen great features. YMMV.

Best of luck, whichever way you choose to go.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2011
Posted by olivier:
Is there any simple way to have some tasks hidden until they are due?

I.e. I would like to set a task in the future with a due date and a negative priority for instance, and only have that task appear in the todo list when it becomes due or is overdue.

Any ideas?

That's the purpose of the Start field. You can set Start dates for your tasks, which can be the same as the Due Date, and then filter appropriately.

Of course, if you only have tasks taking one day or less, you could do the same thing with only Due Dates.

If you check the Help screens for Searches, you'll find lots of help.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: May 31, 2011
You can't control the they appear in in the grid view, but you can remove Priority entirely by removing it from your Fields Used list in your account settings. You might want to remove all the fields you don't use to reduce the clutter, at least make Duration easier to find.
Salgud

Posted May 31, 2011 in: Quick Add Task From Desktop
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 31, 2011
I believe Pimlical (pimlicosoftware.com) has a keystroke that will do that. You'd have to check at their website.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next