Glad to hear it!
Salgud

Posted May 02, 2011 in: can't scroll in task list today
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 02, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
It sounds like a problem with your web browser. Please try restarting the browser. You may have a plugin that is causing a problem. You can test a different browser and see if that helps.

Should have mentioned I did close and re-open the browser which didn't help. The problem is still there today.

I decided, based on your suggestion, to try downloading FF4, which I have been unable to do in the past because this is a state computer and other browsers were blocked for download. But for some reason, it isn't blocked now, and I've got FF4 running! Great news, not only is it a far better browser, but all of the features of TD I haven't been able to use, particulary freezing the menus at the top, are now working.

Thanks again!
Salgud

Posted May 02, 2011 in: Blank out dates
  • Salgud
Number 1547? :)

Seriously, thanks for your reply.
Salgud

• Salgud
AFAIK, it doesn't matter how you sign in, you'll remain signed in unless you sign out, de-select auto sign-in before you sign in again.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by jay5w:
You wouldn't need two check boxes. Just allow tasks to be selected by clicking on the name. Then use standard Ctrl or Shift to select multiple.

But you'd still need some kind of indicator to tell you which ones are selected.
Salgud

• Salgud
I recently ran across an online Project Planning application that had a very handy feature I haven't seen before. When you click to enter either a Start Date or Due Date, it opens the same dialog box with two calendars, one for each. Don't have to click to open, enter, close, click to open, enter, close - it saves the two steps of closing and re-opening in the middle of the process. Of course, you could enter only one if you prefer, with no penalty in ease of use or clicks.

Since the Start Date and Due Date dialog boxes need some fixing anyway, why not just combine them as well?

This message was edited May 02, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Apr 29, 2011 in: Blank out dates
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2011
Frequently, I have days where I'm out of the office attending day-long meetings where I'm unable to work on my regular tasks. It occurred to me today that it would be nice to be able to go into my TD calendar and block out those dates, just like I do on my "real" calendar, so that if I try to schedule tasks during or spanning that time period, I'd get a warning message telling me that I'm scheduling working on a task when I'm not available to do so. I could either reschedule, or override (maybe it's something I can work on during the meeting or at breaks).

Anybody else see a use for this?
Salgud

Posted Apr 29, 2011 in: Tags
  • Salgud
You probably just forgot to "turn them on" in your account settings.
Salgud

Posted Apr 29, 2011 in: can't scroll in task list today
  • Salgud
I can't scroll in my TD task list today. Normally this works fine, but today, when I try to scroll down in my longer lists, it scrolls about one task down, then hangs. Sometimes, a minute later, it jumps a few more, but most of the time, it only scrolls one line down.

Anybody else seeing this? Does anyone at TD know of a reason this would be happening today?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2011
thanks for some great additions!
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2011
  • Score: 1
Has anyone noticed that the vast majority of posters here are programmers? I'm wondering why. They ask for new features, then state how easy it will be to add that new feature, so they must have pretty extensive web app programming experience. So why does this forum seem to attract so many programmers?

Just curious.
Salgud

Posted Apr 26, 2011 in: Tasks with a termination date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Last I heard, about 1500 items, and growing. So they triage them, based in part, by requests in these forums.
Salgud

Posted Apr 21, 2011 in: Files
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Posted by artcole:
Can you place a task in multiple folders. As an example let say you need to call a client.

I would like to have that task go under the particular client folder and a folder called phone calls.

Thanks,

In a word, no. A task can only reside in one folder. You could, however, use a context or a tag in place of one of those folders. E.g., you could have a folder for "Client", and a context for "Phone calls", or even the other way around, if you prefer.

The power of TD is that you can do things so many ways. Of course, the weakness of TD is that you can do things so many ways. :)

There are different approaches to sorting out which features you want to use (I advise keeping it to a minimum) and how to use them. My approach was to start with a few basic ones, then add others as I saw the need. And when I added them, I played with using them in different ways until the best way, for me, became apparent. It's kind of a haphazard approach which may or may not work for you.

You can also find a lot of help by:
1) Perusing these forums and finding out how others have used TD
2) Asking questions of experienced users once you know enough to know what you need to know. :)

Remember the Help page - it's your friend. Before you post an obvious question here, like "How do tags work?", it's best to look them up in the Help page first and get at least a basic understanding of tags before you start asking a lot of questions that have the answers there. Of course, you can also search these forums for "tags" and get a lot of great information.

Best of luck!
Salgud

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Search Not Performing as Expected
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2011
What took you so long? :)
Salgud

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Search Not Performing as Expected
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2011
I'd vote to fix this problem - it's been causing me problems right along.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Apr 19, 2011 in: Search Not Performing as Expected
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2011
I use a very similar search. You will see tasks with a Due Date in the future if the start date is before tomorrow. Is that what the problem is?
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2011
  • Score: 1
The new button to switch between grid mode and multi-line mode is great! It's making my life much easier. And having the Note button in grid view to show/hide notes is great too. Now that I have these options, I normally use my task list in multi-line view, with details hidden. When I want to see the details, I click on the Mode button to change to Grid mode so I can see the details all on one line, because it's easier to find or sort by a particular detail that way. So now, I only use Multi-line mode when I have the details hidden to get a less cluttered screen. This works great! Best of both worlds. Thanks to TD for this great improvement in the UI.

I suggest you add an option to have the "Notes" icon there all the time, whether in Grid or Multi-line view. So even when I'm in multi-line view, with Details hidden, I could still click on the Notes icon and see my notes, without having to switch to Multi-line view to see them.

Anyone else who would find this useful?
Salgud

Posted Apr 18, 2011 in: Seven improvements
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2011
Thanks for the great work! It is appreciated.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next