• Score: 0
You'll need to create a Saved Search.
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2011
I believe that TD has already answered that question a few weeks ago:

[quote} We have decided to not pursue multiple levels of subtasks for the time being. It adds too much complexity to the UI, which is already pretty complex. We will leave it on our to-do list, and maybe we will revisit the decision in the future. [/quote]

Maybe you, and they, consider sub-folders different than sub-tasks, but it seems to me that in terms of complexity of the UI, they would have many of the same issues. I consider one of the most basic flaws of TD to be the cluttered UI (which they are working on). Add subfolders what do you have? An even bigger mess! YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Apr 08, 2011 in: Mass deleting tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2011
The easiest way I know of to remove a lot of tasks, with nothhing in common, at once is to Star them, then crate a Saved Search for Starred tasks and multi-edit and delete them. If you already have starred tasks you want to preserve as such, you need to filter for starred first, multi-edit and give those tasks a unique attribute, like a tag or a status not otherwise used, remove their stars, then procede as described above. After you've deleted the temporarily starred tasks, do a search for the unique attibute to put on your originally starred tasks and star them.

It's a few steps, but less painful than deleting them one at a time.
Salgud

Posted Apr 07, 2011 in: How to set 'Due Time'
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Posted by patricidalpup:
Hi,

I cannot seem to find where to put in the 'due time' when adding a task, can you advise me where i input it please? There is no time sections on the due date bit. This is an absolute must for me, toodledo will be useless to me without it. I need to be alerted to my tasks at certain times of the due date.

You need to turn Due Time on in your Account Settings. Then it will be right next to Due Date.

I am looking everywhere for a suitable to do app for my new android device, I used to use '2do' on iphone but that doesn't seem to be available on android, so I am looking for something similar. Frustratingly I have tried out 5 so far and none do all the things I want, and I really dont want that much!

1. Customisable tabs - ie 'Due Today', 'Shopping', 'Work', 'Personal'. - The 'Today' tab needs to show all tasks that are due on this date.

2. Alerts to pop up on my mobile phone. I will pruchase the android app to notify me on my phone on the appropriate due date and time.

3. Would like in a perfect app but not a dealbreaker - Calendar view and synch options to gtasks, outlook etc.

I don't have ToDo, so I don't know all it's features. TD certainly has those features you mention.

Is Toodledo for me?

Only you can decide that. I've tried a lot of task managers over the years, TD certainly has most of what I want, and they're planning to add most of the things it doesn't have that I want. They have a very long list of improvements (~1500), so it takes a while. But they keep at it, and updates are frequent. And they have great support in these forums, which is rare. That's why I'm using TD. YMMV.

Just curious as to why you switched from iPhone to Android. From what I've read, it seems that the problem you're encountering finding a task manager is pretty common on Android. Lots of apps, though not as many as iPhone, but generally not as good quality apps as iOS. Your experience seems to validate what I've heard.
Salgud

Posted Apr 06, 2011 in: Why Jake and Toodledo Rocks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2011
If Jake is on the development team, then he's probably busy making TD do more great things. Unless he's the guy who comes here and corrects my mistaken posts, in which case, we hear from him pretty often! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
Sorry about that! Was thinking about having them automatically removed by TD.
Salgud

• Salgud
There isn't any specific place showing other people's configurations as such, but it you go to the GTD forum, you'll find many discussions of different approaches to using TD for GTD.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2011
That feature is not offered at this time. It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Apr 04, 2011 in: basic question - repeating tasks?
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by kayak13:
Hello - I'm a new user and have had issues setting up a basic repeating schedule of tasks, (work schedule, etc) I need the tasks and subtasks to repeat regardless of whether I check them completed or not. As I understand, I should enter all new tasks under "To Do List" only. I mainly need to use the calendar view to view weeks to months in advance and I like to print a daily schedule. I deleted all my tasks because some would repeat and some would not show up ever again. Should I repeat from the due date or start date and does it make a difference if tasks are entered from my iPhone or from the website? I know this sounds basic but, any tips?

Don't know what "To Do List" is, so obviously I add all of my tasks elsewhere. Not sure where you got this advice, but I don't think it's correct. You can add new tasks from any view you choose, and that new task will have the attribute(s) of that view. For example, if you add a new task while in the view with the tag "Ugly" selected, your new task will have that tag automatically.

You don't have the option to repead from Start Date, only from Due Date or Completion Date. This is all explained in the Help section, so I suggest you do some research there and come back here with questions not already explained there. Will be happy to help you further.
Salgud

Posted Apr 04, 2011 in: sub-sort by due date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2011
I believe it's on "the list" to customize how Importance is calculated.
Salgud

Posted Mar 31, 2011 in: I am a newbie
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
Posted by ccoleman:
I figured it out through trial and error and reading the forum, but I completely agree that a tutorial would be a welcome addition to the site.

And since it is on your to-do list, let me make a suggestion. Instead of just walking people through each of the features like every other product tutorial out there, create a video or tutorial that actually explains how a particular person has set up a toodledo account to create a particular system. In other words, don't just show me each of the building blocks and turn me loose; show me how to use them to build an actual functioning system that I can then tweak to fit my own needs.

If I was doing a tutorial for TD, I'd be concerned about your approach, as opposed to a more generic approach. It belies the flexibility of TD, and might scare off some customers. No matter how many times you said, "THIS IS JUST A DEMO OF A PARTICULAR APPROACH, TD CAN BE USED IN MANY OTHER WAYS", you'd still get a fair number of people who'd look at the tutorial and say, "That just isn't the way I do my task list. I better look elsewhere". Once you demo it in a particular way, a lot of potential customers are going to think that's the only way to use it.

To make the specific approach work, I'd think you'd need at least 3 separate demo videos showing widely varying approaches, which I can tell you from experience making software instruction videos, is a lot of work.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Salgud

Posted Mar 31, 2011 in: Item Importance 12?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
A suggestion: Go to the help page (it's listed to the left of your task list), enter "importance" into the search box and click "Search". This will give you a couple of Help pages, one of which will be "What does sorting by importance do?". There you'll find a detailed explanation of how importance is calculated and why the importance of your task is increasing.

HTH
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2011
Posted by piyush_soni:
Yes, for every new post I have to check that just to see if there's something important in the thread, but there isn't.

ToodleDo,
Pleeaaassee ! Please lock the thread. We know the unanimous decision that it is important for everyone, including myself. And we now know MULTIPLE times the same reasons of why the Pro version is useful, and we don't want to listen the same thing 1000 more times :(

I like seeing different people's reasons for recommending going Pro. And I imagine TD likes having this thread here to help others make this important decision.

Why don't you just stop checking it, since you already know what it is?
Salgud

• Salgud
Gee, I think I'm beginning to see a trend here... :)
Salgud

Posted Mar 29, 2011 in: Change Completed Date?
  • Salgud
Wow! 1500 items! Glad it's not my Todo list. Been curious about that, figured it was in the hundreds, but not anywhere near that many.

Keep on truckin'! Just keep doin' whatcher doin'. It works.
Salgud

Posted Mar 28, 2011 in: NOTES
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2011
Do you know that typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the web? Also is considered rude.

Thought you might like to know.
Salgud

Posted Mar 28, 2011 in: End dates for a task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2011
You can make it repeat (just do a search for "repeat" in the Help page), but you have to delete the task when you no longer need it. There is no end date or total number of occurences for repeating tasks. I believe it's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Mar 23, 2011 in: Ok Stupid Question
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2011
It can have different uses. Primarily, it's a way of marking a task to show up on your Hotlist, meaning it needs to get done soon, or today, depending on how you choose to use it. Of course, you can filter for it.

For example, I use it when my task list gets overcrowded and I can get to everything I've scheduled for today, so I Star those tasks that are most important/urgent that must get done today, and use my "Starred" list to work from until they are done.

HTH
Salgud

Posted Mar 22, 2011 in: Repeat task feature
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2011
You go to the Help pages (in the panel to the left of the task list, near the bottom), you enter "optional" in the Search box and click on "Search help". This brings up 3 topics, and, yes, you may have to look at all 3. It happens to be the first one.
Salgud

Posted Mar 21, 2011 in: Can I customise Calendar view?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2011
Posted by 2007ajh:

The only things I really miss are the following features on the Google Calendar.
1) Ability to edit a single occurrence of a repeating event.
2) Show all occurrences of a repeating event in the List views and on the Toodledo calendar

Am I missing something here? Is it possible to do these two things?

You can't do either of those things because TD only creates the next instance of a repeating task when the existing one is done. There is no list of all the upcoming repeats to edit or to see on the calendar.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next