ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Mar 01, 2011 in: Orange circles before my eyes
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2011
  • Score: 0
I use IE7 and have been having this same problem lately.
Salgud

Posted Feb 28, 2011 in: Multiple reminders
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2011
Not at this time. It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Feb 28, 2011 in: multi -edit
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2011
In a word, no. I don't recall seeing this feature requested before, so I doubt it's on "the list". The developers will correct me if I'm mistaken.
Salgud

Posted Feb 23, 2011 in: Repeating tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2011
Repeat is not a Pro feature, but you do have to turn in on in the Settings menu under Functions/Fields Used.
Salgud

Posted Feb 21, 2011 in: Articles
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2011
  • Score: 1
Evernote.
Salgud

Posted Feb 21, 2011 in: Minor but annoying interface problems
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2011
Using IE7 (at work). Does it have an error console?
Salgud

Posted Feb 18, 2011 in: Returnees Unite
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2011
Posted by kevin_hatch:
@Salgud,

I completely agree, with ALL your comments in fact. You're not even remotely part of the audience that baffles me - or you wouldn't be here reading this - lol. You've clearly and very carefully thought about all of these issues and made your choices in a way that works for you. That's great.

I'm baffled by the folks that try it for 2 months, get it working for themselves, then bail to another solution that's prettier, only to wind up complaining on those boards that the functionality falls short. This isn't a condition that's unique to software. It's called life ... lol ... and I'm way too cynical to believe I've got any unique or special insight into this behavior.

Thanks for all your great input. It makes for better design and a better solution overall.

I agree with your agreeing. :) And I'm also baffled by those same people. The situation on Cultured Codes (Things) forums has been deteriorating for over 2 years because the developers have gone searching for the Holy Grail of synching and have virtually abandoned their users in general and their forums in particular. They've gotten so hung up on this quest that they've had virtually no enhancements to the software for 2 years, and only a few bug fixes. So the forums have degenerated into a war between the apologists and the antagonists, both waiting, hoping that CC will get back to basics and develop the software someday. I never needed cloud sync as much as others, but it's development was/is holding up all other development. So none of the many promised features were coming for the forseeable future, and their most dedicated users wait and quarrel endlessly.

I gave up last July, and remembering my brief encounter with TD a year or so ealier, I came back and I'm glad I did. It has many of the features I wanted and which were promised in Things, but TD has them NOW. And every couple of months they put out a new release with additional features, most of which I want. Yes, I am waiting on some things I'd like to see in TD, but that's the case with any software.

Just as importantly, if not more so, TD developers are here answering questions and solving problems and correcting the misinformation I give daily. There is very little strife here, we pretty much get along and keep negative opinions to ourselves. That's the culture here, and I like it, especially after the protracted battles of CC forums. I still go back and visit them sometimes, to see how they're coming along, and they aren't. Very unfortunate. I believe, and so do a lot of others, that they have the best basic design, both from a functional standpoint and esthetically, of any task manager around. But, as I've said in their forums, it's like the beautiful woman I met years ago, took out once, and discovered she had a heart of anthracite coal. I'll take the ugly sister with the heart of gold anyday.
Salgud

Posted Feb 18, 2011 in: Time management from the inside out
  • Salgud
You just have to see time as being at a right angle to the three spatial dimensions. Then it's very tangible. ;)
Salgud

Posted Feb 18, 2011 in: Minor but annoying interface problems
  • Salgud
Posted by Toodledo:
What was the error message that you got?

Should have thought to capture it, but didn't. Will do so if it happens again.

Any ideas about not being able to show details by clicking on the blue arrow?
Salgud

Posted Feb 17, 2011 in: Returnees Unite
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Posted by kevin_hatch:
Quick rant - then I'll try to move on - but no promises. ;-)
Nothing else even comes close to the funcationality and productivity that I experience when using Toodledo....nothing.

Agreed.

I'm not wild about it's name - it's too cutesy for my liking - and I use the tool for serious work. I'd like the name to be more serious, like the work it helps me get done. And I don't absolutely LOVE the interface either. I don't hate it, like many have complained - I'm just not passionately positive about it.

Agreed.

But all these complaining comments I've read about the UI design and the "staleness" of the interface....frankly, they just makes me laugh. Have we really become so shallow as a society that people are selecting their applications by visual appeal over how well they get the job done?!??! That's just sad - it says something about us as a culture....as a society....maybe as a species.

Get over it people. Use what works for you. Use what makes you more productive. Function trumps form.... every .... single .... time. It's stunning to me that we're still learning that lesson.

Sorry if you consider disagreeing flaming, but, nonetheless, I disagree. I believe that if the only thing that mattered with a tool was functionality, all guitars would be brown wooden boxes with no finish, no inlays, and plastic frets. All cars would be gray metal boxes with gray vinyl upholstery and black steel rims, and all software would look like TD.

I am a believer that form follows function, and I find it disturbing when designers sacrifice function to form, and make things unusable. Great design, whether it's a guitar, a car or software accomodates both. If I had the money, I'd be driving a Ferrari 458 Italia because it's the best of both (ok, maybe not so much on the reliability end, but when you drive fine art, there are drawbacks.)

At home, on my iMac (which I chose because it incorporates both style and practicality), I have an overlay on TD which is much prettier than the bare bones version. Can't do that at work because I don't have admin privilidges, so I use it bare bones here. Which is ok because it's so useful. But I would like it even better if it were prettier. I know TD is working on this, and can't wait to see TD with a facelift! I probably want this enhancement more than any of the features I've asked for in these forums. I highly value the esthetic of any tool I use, and would definitely choose one that had a better look to one that didn't, if the functionality were the same. Might even sacrifice some functionaility to get the esthetic. But I am here using TD instead of Things because, as beautiful as Things is, it just doesn't work for me.

Each of us decides what is and isn't important to us when we choose a guitar, a car or software. I try not to make judgements about other's choices particularly if they're different choices than mine. I admit, I do have a problem with those who see no value whatsoever in esthetics, but then, they don't understand my placing such a high value on them. One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Salgud

• Salgud
I've considered Alex's suggestion for this. I decided that the time to do that, which isn't much, just isn't worth it. I just leave them overdue, unless it gets to be a while. Then I reschedule them. I guess this probably isn't acceptable if you're very SJ, or a GTDer (which is pretty much the same thing). But I'm ok with it.
Salgud

Posted Feb 17, 2011 in: Minor but annoying interface problems
  • Salgud
Yesterday, I had trouble entering a new task, got an error message and it wouldn't let me enter for a while. Came back later and worked fine. This worries me because I use TD because my memory isn't all that good and when I think of a task to enter, I need to be able to enter it NOW so I don't forget. And I hate sticky notes!

Also, a couple of times today, including just a few minutes ago, when I clicked on the little blue triangle to show details (multi-line mode), the triangle rotated down but the details didn't show. I waited a minute or so, then clicked on "Show Details", which worked fine. This happened several times, but only on certain tasks. On others, both above and below the problematic task, it worked fine? Anyone else observing this? Is there a new glitch?
Salgud

Posted Feb 14, 2011 in: My Toodledo has no 'New Task' Tab !??
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2011
If you look in the upper right corner of your browser window, you'll see "Add a task".

HTH
Salgud

Posted Feb 11, 2011 in: Collapse all subtasks at once?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2011
I think you mean to hide the subtasks? If so, simply click on "Hidden" at the top of the screen, above your tasks, next to "Subtasks".
Salgud

Posted Feb 11, 2011 in: Deleting Folders and related tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2011
You can't delete the completed tasks - they'll just go away after some period of time determined by whether or not you have a Pro account.

As for the Folder, go to the Folder screen (click on "Folders in the menu on the left edge of the TD screen) and click on the trash can icon at the extreme right side of the screen.
Salgud

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: Status Keywords
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Not at this time. This option is on "the list" of enhancements for some future date.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Posted by cesarabeid:
Interesting implementation, Chris.

I toyed with the idea of going TD Pro so I could try the subtasks feature. From what I see, people generally don't like it, and as Derek-User1, I'm afraid my iPhone client won't support it (I use Pocket Informant).

Cesar
http://pmforthemasses.com

Don't know about PI, but I can tell you that there's a lot more of us who like the subtask feature than dislike it from reading these forums. It's particularly great for handling repeading projects. Of course, YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: 3 State Star
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
You have another option, which is what I have done. Create a Saved Search in which a Starred status overrides any other status.

I have

AND
Status is Active
Or
Staus is Next Action
Or
Status is Starred

I also have Starred as an OR condition in my dates filter, so it overrides any other date restraints.
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: SNOOZING
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Feb 04, 2011 in: duration
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Why not just use the "Start Date" field, along with the "Due Date" field? That's how many of us do it.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next