Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Search Broken?
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by piyush_soni:
Me too!
Until ToodleDo corrects this, a work around is to just select the fields you want to create the search with, (by Add Rule etc.), 'Search' and then save it with a name, and then clicking 'Modify Search' when it would show the other dropdowns. :) You can then save it again with the same name.

Unless you want to create OR connectors.
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Search Broken?
  • Salgud
I can't create a Search either. When I try to create additional lines, I can only create AND operators, and when the new line appears, only the first term (task, tag, folder, etc.) appears, no equals or contains, and no text box for the condtion.
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Toodledo is a top iPhone/iPad app
  • Salgud
Great! Just keep doin' whatcha ben doin'!
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Show all but one folder
  • Salgud
In addition to the above suggestions:

1. Create a "Sales" context and filter it out of your other lists

2. You may not be able to hide a folder, but you can push it to the right end of the tabs by naming it "zSales", which I do with a number of folders I seldom use but want there when I need them.
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Note Field in Tasks
  • Salgud
At present, no.
Salgud

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: Ending date for repeating tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011
At present, TD does not have this feature. You simply delete the repeating task when you no longer want to repeat it.
Salgud

• Salgud
In my opinion, the additional features are worth the upgrade price. More importantly, paying some fee means I'm not sponging off someone somewhere and that TD is more likely to be around for a while, something I very much desire.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Posted by Dalker:
I didn't know one could do that, and having the same kind of issue had found a convoluted workaround using a combinationof other date tests. This is so much simpler!

Suggestion: Why not make it the default that pressing "Today" and "Tomorrow" buttons when creating a saved search actually places the words in the corresponding field, rather than the date? This is probably what most poeple want from a saved search.

I think having "today" or "tomorrow" automatically inserted would be confusing. Sometimes that's what I want, but most of the time, I mean today's date or tomorrow's date.

Which brings up the issue of the date picker. I've seen other posts identifying the current date picker as awkward, and I agree. It's one of the UI pieces that need improvement badly. I would like to see it revamped into a more intuitive format, which would include some obvious way to select "today" as in Jan 18, and "today" as in the current day.
Salgud

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: Customize Navigation Bar on Left
  • Salgud
By the way, you can dress up Toodledo's appearance using free user-themes. A few of these change the design from tabs at the top to tabs/menu on the left-hand side which is handy if you have quite a few folders/contexts/saved searches.

I have this kind of theme at home, and am trying to figure out how to get it on my work computer.

I very much hope that TD will make this at least an option when they do the long-awaited facelift.
Salgud

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
  • Salgud
Thanks for the enhancements!
Salgud

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: How do shortcuts work?
  • Salgud
Thanks! Not fond of IE7 myself.
Salgud

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: No way to repeat an unfinished task?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Posted by depue99:
I am a very forgetful person, so rely on my todo app to remind me of things. I've added a task (with a reminder!) to take out the trash that repeats on trash day every week. However, being the forgetful person that I am, I forgot to check it off after I took the trash out last week. Now I'm in trouble with the wife because I forgot to take the trash out this week. Why? Because toodledo will not repeat a task unless it is marked as complete, and I can find no way around that. Sucks for forgetful people I guess. Am I missing something? If the answer is, "get more diligent in your GTD routine!" Then toodledo is not for me, because I rely on my todo to help me even remember to do my daily routines, whether I remember to check them off or not.

I'd like a way to tell toodledo to create the next task immediately after the due date, whether or not the current task is checked off.

As Alex said, some calendar apps will do that. If you prefer to use TD, it'll do that fine, if you make it part of your daily routine to review your list and mark things done that you forgot to mark at the time. I do that all the time.
Salgud

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: How do shortcuts work?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

I've been playing with it more, and have figured out that I have to expand a task (I work in multi-line mode) before the shortcut keys will work. Just clicking on the page doesn't work. Is this a limitation of my browser (IE7) or is this always true?
Salgud

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: How do shortcuts work?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2011
I know I posted about this a long time ago, but I can't find that post.

I can't get keyboard shortcuts to work reliably, yet I see others that say they use them all the time. How is this possible? There has to be some trick to get them "activated". I mean beyond turning them on in Settings, which I have done.

If I click on a tab in any view, say "Starred" or "Today", then hit "n", nothing happens. I don't get the New Task dialog. But later on, when I'm doing something else entirely, I hit "n" and the new task dialog appears. WTF?

What I also want is to be able to open the New Task dialog from my launcher (Executor). If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Overwhelm mode
  • Salgud
If you fancy a more spiritual approach, you might like

http://zenhabits.net/zen-to-done-ztd-the-ultimate-simple-productivity-system/

You don't have to practice Zen to apply it, it just is based on a Zen kind of simplicity.
Salgud

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Weird number appearing in TD
  • Salgud
Damn! Took you almost a day to fix it. Whatchado, go home and go to sleep last night? :)

Thanks for the quick fix.
Salgud

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Sorting Deficiency
  • Salgud
Posted by Steve Steinitz:
Hello,

The forum doesn't have a wish list or issue reporting section so I'll use this section until otherwise instructed.

Toodledo's sorting is useful but it seems to have a deficiency: you can only select sorting direction (forward, reverse) on the first sorting criterion, not on the second and third criteria.

Cheers,

Steve

We've recently been told this is coming soon.
Salgud

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Weird number appearing in TD
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
A number has mysteriously appeared in the middle of TD today. See where "51113" appears?

I was working on the task right below where the number is and it just appeared.

Using WinXP, IE7. I have refreshed the browser, closed and reopened it, and the number is still there. Any ideas?

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Returnees Unite
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Not sure if I fit in that group or not. I was looking for a new task manager a couple of years ago, and tried TD for a couple of hours. But I decided that, while it had great features, it was just not as pleasant to use as others, and I ended up using RTM for a while. Then back to Things. And now back here.

I liked RTM's interface better than TD's, but it seemed like a British sports car to me; drive, fix, drive, fix... always tweaking it to get it right, and after a few months, it still wasn't right.

I still think Things has the best interface in the business, and if I were happy with it as is, I'd still be using it. But development is glacially slow, there continue to be serious bugs not getting fixed, and the forum support is nil. CC has no desire to communicate with their customers and their forums have degenerated to almost entirely petty bickering and accusations. I'm ashamed to admit that I have gotten caught up in some of that in my frustration.

So finally, I came back to TD. It has MOST of the features I want NOW, and the pace of development seems excellent to me, not to mention the daily feedback and communication by the developers and the generally friendly and respectful attitude of the users.

While it took me a couple of months to get TD the way I want it, I got it done, and now, it's what I've wanted for a long time, a "trusted system" to use David Allen's words. I seldom lose anything in TD, and every morning, when I open my "Today" Saved Search, I see what I need to do today. I might have to reschedule or re-prioritize a task or two, but in a couple of minutes, I'm off and running. That's what I want in a task manager. That and a pleasant place to come and compare notes and experiences with other users.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next