ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Qrystal"
Qrystal

Posted May 20, 2008 in: Starred Tasks
Score: 0
  • Qrystal
  • Posted: May 20, 2008
  • Score: 0
I'm with Eric on this .. it would be nice if stars reset to off when completing a starred item.

At least it's easy enough to "un-star" then check off! Stars rule!! :P

I tend to look at the Hotlist first thing in the day, star some stuff, then work from the Starred list for the rest of the day. It's great! I <3 Toodledo! :D
Qrystal

• Qrystal
  • Posted: May 20, 2008
I organized a writing project awhile ago into *chapters* with subtasks representing the *sections* of the chapters. Recently, I've realized I want to break up my sections into smaller, more pallatable Next Actions.

So what I want to do, is to get rid of my chapter tasks altogether (since they're basically just placeholders for an organization scheme I no longer want to use). I'll just use the section tasks as the parent tasks. The idea is easy enough, and for most of them, there's no problem.

However, I have one "old completed subtask" that I can see in some views, but as soon as I try to expand so I can drag it out of the parent task, all I see is "There is also 1 old completed subtask that is not displayed." I've tried Folder view, All Tasks view with sort by folder, and Search view, to no avail.

If I could recreate the task, and give it a customized Completed date, I would be fine with that as a workaround...

Any other thoughts/ideas? Did I explain this clearly enough?

This message was edited May 20, 2008.
Qrystal

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Are forums dead?
  • Qrystal
  • Posted: May 12, 2008
At first, I was a little unsure of whether the forums would work as well as the more "full-featured" ones, as J-Mac listed.

But now, I'm convinced that these forums are working well enough, and that's what's important.

I'd rather encourage the Toodledo folks to stick to the Toodledo issues and improvements, because really, that's what we're all here for, isn't it? :P
Qrystal

• Qrystal
You could start each task name with a number, and then if a bunch of tasks all have the same Importance, they'll go in alphabetical(numerical) order.

I tend to sort by Importance, myself, and I have indeed used this a few times in order to keep sequential tasks, sequential.

Of course, if you do this with many sets of tasks, you'll get several that are "step 1" ... but sometimes that's not a bad thing either. It's also nice to be reminded that a particular task is, say, "step 3", because it is encouraging to know that some of the work is already done.

This message was edited May 12, 2008.
Qrystal

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Biggest Time Sinks
Score: 3
  • Qrystal
  • Score: 3
One of my biggest time sinks is .... productivity management and productivity research.

I'm getting better though! Finding Toodledo helped a lot, because now I'm not switching task managers every other week.
Qrystal

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: -1
  • Qrystal
  • Score: -1
The Journal: Yes, a real offline one. :)

The 45-day full-featured free trial won me over in 9 days...

http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal
Qrystal

Posted May 12, 2008 in: TSheets integration
  • Qrystal
I've been using Paymo.biz to track my time, and it's phenomenal! TSheets kinda looks like all the other time tracking services I auditioned before I decided on Paymo... and I honestly can't take the time to audition yet another time tracker. So I suggested to the Paymo folks to come check out Toodledo, and perhaps look into the API :P

</ramble>
Qrystal

Posted Apr 25, 2008 in: Skins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo
  • Qrystal
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2008
I fiddled around with Stylish to see what I could do, but when it stopped letting me "preview" I gave up, and didn't save.

I did manage to fix the "overhanging" thing that Ryan was talking about, though. I was just playing around with the padding and margins of everything (found that andy's scheme had too much space for my taste) and the problem fixed itself. Maybe something wasn't adding up to what its container's width was equalling?

I'll keep checking it out though, and seeing what I can come up with! If Toodledo were to come up with a guide to their setup, that would be awesome .. but maybe once I'm more experienced with CSS I'll be able to read it like a book. :P
Qrystal

Posted Apr 25, 2008 in: Repeat with a limit
  • Qrystal
Don't they only prescribe enough drugs to last as long as you'll need them? So when you run out, you're done?

But it's nice to know the Toodledo Crew are considering adding an end date someday.
Qrystal

Posted Apr 25, 2008 in: Can subtasks have subtasks?
Score: 1
  • Qrystal
  • Score: 1
I've been using the notes field for this sort of fine-grained breakdown of tasks. I even have sorta "checkboxes" for subsubtasks:

[_] not done
[/] half done
____[x] subsubsubtask done
____[_] subsubsubtask not done
[x] done
Qrystal

Posted Apr 23, 2008 in: Yay, I got through all the forum posts!
  • Qrystal
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2008
I think I need to set up a repeating task, reminding me to go through the forum posts every so often.

Why, you ask?

Well, if I don't have it on my list, and then I get the bright idea to come check something here, and I see a whole bunch of unread stuff, I feel compelled to read them ALL.

And so I find myself spending awhile here, even if there are things on my Toodledo hotlist that are rated as higher Importance -- I sort my Importance most of the time, to help me get my act in gear.

Anyways, this is just a General Off Topic Chit-Chat comment for the sake of saying it. Cheerio~!
Qrystal

Posted Apr 23, 2008 in: Show only tasks due today or earlier
  • Qrystal
Maybe you just have too many things set as Top/High priority.

Or maybe you should check this helpfile:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

Lastly, once Toodledo has figured out their Multisort that they're working so very hard on, I'm sure it won't be too much of a stretch to add more customizability to the Hotlist (since that is pretty much just a glorified search).
Qrystal

Posted Apr 23, 2008 in: Agenda
  • Qrystal
I saw on another thread that, no, it isn't there yet, but yes, they're going to add it.
Qrystal

Posted Apr 23, 2008 in: Change Completed Date?
  • Qrystal
I'm looking forward to this ability! Glad to see it's being considered!
Qrystal

• Qrystal
Twitter's been having some issues lately, not entirely sure of the details but they're working on it...

I did a search for the link to the forum discussion, and I think I got close to finding it but then found myself lost in cyberspace (maybe I should've turned LEFT at albuquerque.com...) Going back in there to look some more might be bad for me, sorry...!
Qrystal

Posted Apr 14, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
  • Qrystal
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2008
I think that David Allen has a good thought on this: you have just one place to STORE all your PROCESSED tasks, a place you can trust to know that all your ideas are going to be there for you to review easily at your weekly review.

Several places can be Inboxes to COLLECT tasks for processing (entering into Toodledo), just make sure to empty your Inboxes daily so everything is in the "trusted system"!

Toodledo makes a great backbone to my system. I'm still working on the habits of cleaning my inboxes and doing my review, but it's still really helping me keep track of my tasks extremely well.

What helps me is that I print out my day's tasks on index cards and carry it with me. Voila, an offline interface! ;) I also use the index cards as my portable inbox, or I'll use twitter to add directly to my Toodledo inbox.

I like knowing that my task list is safely stored on something other than my home PC, because if what can go wrong will...well, let's just say I'm counting the days until I spill one too many drinks on my desk, and my computer gets fried. :P
Qrystal

Posted Apr 14, 2008 in: Pocket PC and Toodledo
  • Qrystal
At least we know you guys are using a good to-do list! :P
Qrystal

Posted Apr 14, 2008 in: Skins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo
  • Qrystal
If Toodledo was made easy to "skin", there would be dozens of skins within hours, hundreds within weeks. I'm sure of it!

I'm pondering making a colour scheme too, but Toodledo is reminding me that I have a big load of Importance > 8 tasks to take care of first. :P
Qrystal

Posted Apr 14, 2008 in: stars, great idea!
  • Qrystal
It looks like several of the icons on the headings are yellow, so that would be a bigger change than just changing the one. Not to mention that caution/warning signs make most sense when yellow. And it also seems to be standard that "starring" things uses a yellow star (@ Twitter, Gmail, etc.)

I think that maybe the stars aren't exactly meant to "stand out" as much as they are meant to let you easily collect and review only the starred tasks.

But if Toodledo decides that the stars could stand out more, maybe a choice (within Account Settings) of star style would be nice.

An option for animated twinkly stars would be cool... :P
Qrystal

Posted Apr 14, 2008 in: IMified Toodledo widget problem
  • Qrystal
I'll admit I joined Twitter just because of being able to use it with Toodledo ...

and it's been working very well for me, I might add!

... Unfortunately, my productivity level has taken a hit, because I've gotten a bit addicted to Twitter. DOH! :P

But seriously, I really like a lot of aspects of Twitter, including but not limited to the extending of my social network and potentially getting new readers for my blog that way.

If you'd like to see my fairly thorough introduction to Twitter, I wrote about it on my blog just yesterday:

http://qrystal.name/twittering-with-glee
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next