ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cj"
cj

Posted May 18, 2009 in: Tab to Notes Field
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: May 18, 2009
  • Score: 1
Put me down as a yes for that feature too.

Even better if you have a mouseover preview of the notes - mouseover would work over almost any field - this way I could see a preview of notes without ever opening the notes, or scrolling or tabbing to the notes icon.

Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by Anders:
As for this request, I think it would do to just be able to tab onto the note icon, and hit enter to add/edit a note. Is that what you were getting at, Vin?

Yes Anders. That is exactly the kind of functionality I could use. I don't think the field needs to be opened when I tab, but at least have the option to open it (with Enter or such).
cj

Posted Apr 23, 2009 in: Hotlist in Navigation
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2009
  • Score: 0
I second this request!
cj

Posted Apr 20, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Because the user may want to also edit the time. If the date picker vanished after the first click, it would not allow the user to pick a new time. If you double click the date, it will dismiss the date picker right away.

As I typed that last sentence, I just realized that you may not be using the time field, in which case there isn't really a good reason for keeping the date picker around after a single click. I'll see if we can optimize this further for people who don't use times.

Thanks for the continual fixes. It might be a bit late (or disruptive) for this suggestion but I personally would be happy with the date picker(s) separate from the time fields. If they were separate fields/columns it allows for more logical controls (simpler popup). The more I use the times, the less I need to change the date and time at the same time. it's usually one or the other. Bumping the date up ... or time up (separately) I think is going to be a popular request in the future, so separating the fields means it might be easier to accomplish this from the main screen (one click) ... this way I can go down the list and bump the due date of 5-6 tasks quickly.
Just food for thought, from someone who is really liking the prospects of using this as it gets more developed.
Thanks again.
cj

• cj
PS - is it possible to add a notification feature to these forums, so I know when a particular topic has been updated? It's tiresome to keep checking every day for answers or comments.
cj

• cj
Regarding this new feature

1. I love it

2. PLEEEASE add a Today and Tomorrow button on the date picker
even better ... a "today" button on top with a arrows on each side to increment or decrement.

3. Please fix that mouseover problem - and it is a bug
and don't demean some of your users here by the engineering attitude that we just don't behave the way you expect us to ("there are mouse people and keyboard people") ... allow a mouse and keyboard person to tell you that the requirement to wave the mouse away from the popup is counterintuitive and unlike any other UI control I deal with hundreds of times an hour.

4. perhaps a checkmark or setting (in account settings) that states end date cannot precede start date. This way, if I change one, the other automatically adjusts ... this is necessary due to the limitation that I cannot just push up a task one day and because I cannot "ignore" a repetitive task for just a day (thus have to play with the start/due date).

5. a checkmark option to specify whether this task appears in my calendar or not. (default set in account settings)

6. fix (or encourage your partners to fix) the google calendar sync. I don't know if I am alone or not using correctly but it is a mess. Goals show up (which should not) and, after allowing a few days for syncing, I see the start/due dates and times are not updating correctly. Also repetitive events - weird - some show up on the calendar some don't. I may be using it incorrectly, or doing something wrong - regardless - one of the main attractions of using times (prospects of having blocked out appointments in my calendar) is not working intuitively.

Of course I realize you just released the feature ... so consider this just some beta test feedback for future improvement from someone who will use the timing features constantly.

Just my 2 cents, 10 cents etc - not from a critic but from a passionate, paying, customer.
cj

Posted Apr 18, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Posted by cj:
Posted by Alan:
BTW, this feature is a really great way to go back to your task list and "schedule" tasks, and then have them show up on your Google calendar. Often, I find I have to block time for key tasks otherwise they will get lost in the daily meeting shuffle. Having this option makes it easy to plan a day and see it on the calendar.

Am I the only person not to see the tasks show up on my calender? (I have it installed, but, like before this update, toodledo shows up as a little check icon each day on my google calender - and when I click I see the toodledo widget box with my tasks). Apparently everyone here is seeing what I was hoping to see - tasks with start-end times right on the calender in the appropriate slot. What am I doing wrong?

There are two different options offered by Toodledo to integrate with google calendar. The gadget is what you have set up, but the iCal feed is what you want. You can enable it, and get the URL to add it to google calendar here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php

Thanks.

I got it to "work" but it seems to list everything (goals too) to the point where it is unreadable ... lots of blank lines too. I hope with some tweaking I can get this to be usable, but it would have been nice if this worked out of the box (and without requiring me to make all my tasks public.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2009.
cj

Posted Apr 18, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Posted by Alan:
BTW, this feature is a really great way to go back to your task list and "schedule" tasks, and then have them show up on your Google calendar. Often, I find I have to block time for key tasks otherwise they will get lost in the daily meeting shuffle. Having this option makes it easy to plan a day and see it on the calendar.

Am I the only person not to see the tasks show up on my calender? (I have it installed, but, like before this update, toodledo shows up as a little check icon each day on my google calender - and when I click I see the toodledo widget box with my tasks). Apparently everyone here is seeing what I was hoping to see - tasks with start-end times right on the calender in the appropriate slot. What am I doing wrong?
cj

Posted Apr 15, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Posted by frederi825:
I don't like how you now need to "mouse off" the date to select the one you've chosen. I preferred it when you could "tab off" a date and thereby select it.

Also, I don't think any date selections are working in the multi-edit mode.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I noticed the "mouse off" right away too. Klunky but I got used to it, hoping that it will be fixed once the dust settles. Now that the time/date *entry* combo is being enhanced, it's really all about what we can *do* with the field ... right now I am waiting for them to show up on my calendar as appointments - for me this seems to be the biggest advantage (if it ever works on my calendar!)
cj

• cj
Posted by Anders:
Posted by cj:
Looks good ...
one thing
Did I read wrong ? I was expecting tasks to show up now in my google-calendar, if they had a due time ...

They should if you have the iCal feed enabled and entered in Google. It seems like Google Calendar only updates a couple of times a day at most, so it will take a while for any changes to show up there.

Yes, I have the feed enabled (and have had it enabled) ... after 8 hours - still nothing on the calendar ; (
cj

• cj
Looks good ...
one thing
Did I read wrong ? I was expecting tasks to show up now in my google-calendar, if they had a due time ...
cj

Posted Apr 14, 2009 in: Delete instance of repeating task
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2009
Posted by Claudio:
Yes, there is another way:
You can also designate a task as optional by placing a "?" in front of the due date. This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Hey thanks for this ... while the "?" does not seem to have any effect - or at least not with my problem - you did point me to some of these other subtle features that will help later.
cj

Posted Apr 14, 2009 in: Delete instance of repeating task
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Or, you could edit the due-date manually to push it ahead to the next occurrence, thus skipping the current occurrence.

... or I can put a tiny little paper post-it note on my screen to cover up the field ; )

c'mon ... bumping the date manually is not a solution (PARTICULARLY tiresome on a handheld - and when you have several to do)
changing the due date every time is what i am doing NOW - and want to 1) avoid this repetitive task and 2) it does not solve the problem (the "chain" won't know if I completed the task or skipped the task).

This message was edited Apr 14, 2009.
cj

Posted Apr 13, 2009 in: Delete instance of repeating task
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Yeah, this is a real pain of an issue for me - and also makes the "chain" feature useless.

If I have a daily (repetitive) task to Exercise then if I do not work out that day - what do I do? My choices seem to be:

1) check the skipped task as done.
even though I did not perform the task that day.
This defeats the purpose of tracking these tasks. Besides - I broke "the chain" and I want this be be recorded.

2) don't check the task as done.
So the next day - my Workout shows up as an overdue task (yesterday's task - not today's). If I do the task (workout) today, my only option is to check the "workout" task and it will be recorded as if I completed it YESTERDAY .. and after I check as done - it will show up as a current task today. Messed up. And the chain is messed up to.

3) delete the task
But this would delete the repetitive (daily) task. I don't want to do this.

Am I missing something? Is there another way?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7