ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DrFrankBuck"
DrFrankBuck

Score: 0
Clearing cache and cookies (just from last 24 hours) worked for me also. Thanks!

Jake, what we were seeing is that the left sidebar was appearing just over halfway across the screen. The tasks did not start until near the bottom of the screen. Scrolling through them, the data was there.

I had left my computer on and Toodledo up when I left to run errands (which was most of the day). Hope this helps others.
DrFrankBuck

I was in the program when the update took place also. Tried logging out and back in. Let me try the other suggestion that worked.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Jun 26, 2015 in: Scrolling
Jake,

Thanks for the quick response. The other updates to the app have been so good. Live links in the note section of tasks has been great. This proposed change would make it so much easier to conduct planning sessions from our mobile devices.

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Posted Jun 24, 2015 in: Scrolling
I saw this comment in the Google Play Store regarding an update to the Toodledo App. I agree with the comment and hope that the app can return to the wy the scrolling used to work.

"I love Toodledo! It is a huge help as I keep on top of life. But the latest update "refreshes" to a changed task instead of staying where I was on a list. Like if I check off a repeating task, I'm sent immediately to the next occurrence, and I have to scroll all the way back up to the top to get back to today. It's getting old. :( "

It is really hard to do any planning on the app. As I look at my list and modify due dates, the entire list scrolls to the task's new position. The app did not used to operate like that. What is the rationale for the change? Any possibility of having the "old way" back?
DrFrankBuck

Have there been any developments on this issue? My tasks added via Google Now are still being duplicated. Is there anything I can do from my end to help? The improvements to the app are great. I hope we can solve this one.

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Jake,

Is there any progress yet on this issue? Have you been able to replicate it?
DrFrankBuck

Posted May 27, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
Jake,

I sort by tasks by due date. When I am planning, I will often change the due date on older tasks to shift some to the future. In previous versions of the Android app, changing the due date would cause that item to jump to its new location, but I would still be looking at the tasks which has surrounded it. This would allow me to go down a list of tasks and change one date after the other.

Now, when I change a due date, that item is still in front of me and I must scroll back to the top to get back to where I was. (Hope this explanation makes sense.)

Others may sort their tasks by start date or priority, but the same concept would hold true. I liked the was before. Is there a setting that would allow me have what I had before?

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Jake,

Also found when using my Galaxy Tab, tasks entered via Google Now are being duplicated.
DrFrankBuck

Posted May 21, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
Posted by Meaven:
The app gets better and better. Shame though that embedded links work only for standard http urls. Is there any chance for working app urls, like: evernote://view/1893165/s16/da6916d5-e356-49f2...?

Are you using Toodledo in conjunction with TaskClone? I ask because TaskClone generates the link back to Evernote. There is setting in the TaskClone now that will generate both links for you, the evernote link and the http link.
DrFrankBuck

If it helps, I am running Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Recently (several weeks ago), there was a problem with Google Now that seems to be specific to the Galaxy S3 (from what I could find in forums). Voice recognition was either very poor or would return a "couldn't reach Google" message. Uninstalling the updates to Google Now fixed the problem. More recent updates are working. I am wondering if this problems with duplicating tasks is specific to certain models or operating systems.
DrFrankBuck

When I add a task to the Android app via Google Now ("note to self" command), the task is appearing twice. I have noticed this in the last couple of days. There has been an update to the Toodledo app (and a very good one; thanks for the new features) and Google Now, so I don't know which piece of the puzzle is responsible for the duplicates.

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Posted May 13, 2015 in: Emailing from Toodledo
I am familiar with the icon which allows you to email a task from Toodledo (sending information to Evernote, primarily). I tried this feature at some time in the past and found that the task's note section was not being duplicated in the body. As I remember, there was a limit on the number of characters, and if the number was exceeded, none of the note section appeared in the result.

I just tried the feature today, and it opened an new mail (GMail) and I could see exactly what was being included. Is there still a limit on how many characters can be included in the note section of the task? Atthe very least, it looks like I would be able to see that's going to transfer and what won't before I send the email.

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Posted Mar 17, 2015 in: Android App issue with saving tasks
When I am reading an Internet article on my Android phone and want a reminder to return and read that article later, my workflow is to select "Share," and from the lists of apps to share with, I choose "Toodledo."

A new task appears, and the URL for the article is displayed in the note section of the task. Start and due dates of "today" are displayed, as that is my default. Depending on what I am sharing from, a task title may also be completed. (One example of the task being completed is when I share from the HootSuite app. Anytime I am on a website, the title of the site is complemented in the task line) In that case, I simply want to save the task.

What I find is that if I hit the back space arrow, the app exits the newly-created task without saving. However, if I make any change to the task (change the due date, etc.), a "Task Created" message appears. I can now exit the task, and the task is saved.

Now that I know this is what is happening, I can be sure to make some change and watch for the "Task Created" message if I need to. I wonder if a warning could appear when you go to exit a task tat has not yet been created (similar to what you get in Word, etc. when you try to close a window before saving changes).
DrFrankBuck

Posted Feb 22, 2015 in: About of space in the "task" field
I am familiar with the technique for widening the columns. It seems to have limitations though. The widest I am able to make the Task field extend is to where it is about even with the Open/Close Dividers icon on the toolbar.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: About of space in the "task" field
I would love to see more real estate available in the "task" field. I don't a good deal of space my last field and the note. I would like to put that space to work, and where I really need it is the ability to display more of the task itself.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
Posted by Jake:
Bookmarket should be fixed now.

Jake, just tried the Bookmarklet, and it works now. Thanks!
DrFrankBuck

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
Score: 1
I see someone has asked about the Bookmarklet. I am also getting, "Oops. It looks like your web browser is not loading our website correctly. Trying to reload..." I started noticing this yesterday. I have tried deleting an reinstalling the Bookmarklet, but get the same error message.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: January 5 downtime explanation
Thanks for getting things up and running as quickly as possible, for communicating throughout the day, and providing a very thorough explanation. It's times like this when we realize just how much we reply on our electronic information to drive our day.

Frank
DrFrankBuck

Posted Nov 15, 2014 in: Bulk changes on due or start dates
Dweiner, I actually do this often. For me, due dates drive my work. The due date is date I want to see the task. So, I give every taska due date and sort the list by due date.

Suppose I have a bunch of tasks due yesterday, the day before, etc., and I want to blast all of them forward a week. In the left column, I click "Search."
1. I leave the top line set to "Match ALL of the following criteria"
2. On the next line, I have Checked off set to NO
3. On the next line, I set Due Date IS BEFORE and choose a date.
4. Click the orange Search button.
5. You now see the list of tasks you are about to work with.
6. Click "Multi-Edit" on the tool bar.
7. In the box which appears, put a check beside "Due Date."
8. Enter what you want the new date to be.
9. Click the orange "Save Multi-Edit" button.

I hope this will help you particulat circumstance.
DrFrankBuck

I don't know if this has been asked and answered before and I have missed it. The Android app is great, and I don't see any bugs at this point.

As an enhancement, are there plans to make URLs in the a task's note section clickable (or should I say "touchable")?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next