ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by AA"
AA

Score: 0
  • AA
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2010
  • Score: 0
Disappointing not to see this fixed in the October update. :-(

It's just adding 1 line to the header of every outgoing e-mail; I'm sure this would be a matter of seconds to fix.

Would appreciate it if I could avoid seeing garbled email notifications in future. Thank you!

This message was edited Oct 16, 2010.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

Can you please add, to the header of every outgoing Toodledo email notification, the standard UTF-8 specification? It goes like this:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

For those of us who use languages with diacritic letters in Toodledo, the email notifications are often garbled, displaying hieroglyphics instead of diacritic letters, unless you manually switch over to the UTF-8 encoding. But if you include the UTF-8 specification in the headers of all your emails, then everything will be displayed correctly quite automatically.

Thank you.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2010.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Thank you very much for the previous fixes! I have one more related bug to report. In publicly shared folders, the sort order does not fully copy the task manager's sort order, which is too bad.

For example, if I have a number of tasks sorted by Importance Level, and then by Due Time, this is often ignored in a publicly shared folder, and it only works in my own account. Only the 1st sort criterion is respected in the publicly shared folder (Importance Level), but the second criterion (Due Time) is not, and the tasks are randomly ordered if they have the same Importance Level. And if you reload the page several times, you get to see a different random order of tasks every time. :-(

Thank you if you can fix this. I believe that a publicly shared folder should mirror exactly what the folder owner sees in his Toodledo account, except that it's a publicly shared folder.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2010.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Already fixed, thank you.

Many thanks also for now having the publicly shared folder use our customized columns order/width. That's just perfect! :-)

One related bug: whenever you click "Hotlist" when viewing publicly shared folders, all the tasks are shown with Importance Level: 2. It's not that I need to share the Hotlist publicly, but I have noticed this bug in passing. The correct Importance Level is only shown for the individual publicly shared folders, not the Hotlist.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
AA

• AA
Fixed now, thank you.
AA

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Question re: Using files
  • AA
Posted by kentpavelka:
What I'm led to believe is that < a href= should be added before and < /a > should be added after. Is that right?

That's almost correct, Kent. Just leave out the spaces inside those tags, and the first tag, too, must be closed with >. The result looks like this:

This is the link to my Google document.

Working, isn't it? :-) Here is what the code of the above sentence looks like:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10440809/standard_HTML_tags.txt

Just click this link, Kent, and you will find the correct tags structure there. You can replace the words Google document with anything you like, of course (such as the description of that particular Google document).

(Too bad Toodledo uses a stripped-down version of these forums so I can't include this example right here inside my post, but the [code] tags don't work here.)

Yes, a cumbersome workaround, because you need to type in or copy those HTML tags manually every time... but at least it works every time. ;-)

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2010
Hello,

In addition to what I reported in an earlier thread, I think I have now noticed yet another bug introduced in the most recent Toodledo upgrade a couple of days ago.

When you share public folders, the Notes field is no longer visible. :-( Last week, you could still click the Notes icon and the notes for the task would display, but this is no longer working now.

Thank you for fixing this.
AA

Posted Aug 29, 2010 in: Files and File Names and Pro Plus
  • AA
Posted by Toodledo:
Currently, there is no warning or renaming. It just clobbers the old version. We have plans to improve upon this in the future.

That will be nice to see. The lack of a warning is probably the last thing right now that keeps me from upgrading from Pro to Pro Plus. I receive lots of important files that my collaborators simply name (for example) Doc1.docx. It would be a hassle for me to have to remember to rename each such file, and since there is currently no overwrite warning from Toodledo, I'd no doubt destroy some of my attachment files inadvertently.

Toodledo.com might perhaps automate this the way it's done by my email software. When I open the Doc1.docx document from inside my email software, it displays as Doc1.docx inside the Windows Temp directory. But, if I open another document titled Doc1.docx a minute later (and I often need to), then this document gets automatically renamed by the email software to Doc1(2).docx and opens in Windows Temp directory under that modified name. Any further documents with the same name open as Doc1(3).docx, Doc1(4).docx, Doc1(5).docx, etc.

So the fix on Toodledo.com might go like this: whenever a user attempts to upload a file under an already existing file-name, pop up the following dialog window for the user:

Do you wish to overwrite your current Doc1.docx file? Yes / No

If the user clicks No, the file would get uploaded and stored as Doc1(2).docx. Any subsequent files with the same name would get stored as Doc1(3).docx, Doc1(4).docx, Doc1(5).docx, etc., unless the user specifically selects the overwrite option.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010.
AA

Posted Aug 29, 2010 in: Question re: Using files
  • AA
Posted by kentpavelka:
The link, copied and pasted, looks like this:

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1pGmzOjT-4UzBXPwbKlwmPzKM5D7W7Gl9NwvNeJIPi34&hl=en#

Doesn't turn into a "link" as it does here (not underlined)....just shows as that copy in the note.

This occasionally happens in Toodledo's Notes field for me as well. 99% of URLs that I enter into the Notes field become clickable links, but sometimes there seems to be a bug where the URL doesn't become clickable for some reason.

However, there's a (cumbersome) workaround for you to force every link (and any text!) to be clickable nevertheless. Just surround the link with HTML link tags. They look like this: < a href="https://docs.google.com/blabla" >https://docs.google.com/blabla< /a >. Please leave out the spaces inside the < a > tags for this to work.

Yes, this is awkward, but it works 100% every time, guaranteed. :-)

(BTW: I was surprised to learn by reading this forum topic that you can, actually, directly attach files to specific tasks. I'm a new Toodledo user, and a week ago, when I was thinking about whether to buy a Pro or a Pro Plus subscription, the seeming inability to attach files to specific tasks made me choose the lower-priced upgrade option. I did read all of the FAQs carefully, but this feature did not seem to be highlighted, or highlighted enough, in the FAQs. So, I might perhaps upgrade to Pro Plus now after all, because the option to have files attached to specific tasks is very useful for me, even if the files can't be edited right here on Toodledo's server. I will need to upgrade to Pro Plus later on in any case, because I can't afford to have any completed tasks deleted; there's just too much relevant information inside my tasks, completed or not; so if I still use Toodledo in 2 years from now, I'll definitely be upgrading to Pro Plus to avoid the deletion of any completed tasks.)

PS: Now I see that the Files feature is explained in detail here: https://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php It's a mystery to me as to how I could have missed this webpage when deciding about which upgrade option to choose! :-D

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2010
Hello,

I'd like to ask Toodledo to allow us to set whatever reminder leadtime we see fit, not only the current hard-wired options. I don't so much care for the precision of delivery of reminders; within 15 or even 30 minutes of the set time is fine for me, but there are not enough leadtimes currently available on Toodledo.

Specifically, I'm missing an option like "8 hours" or "0.5 days". Sometimes I wish to be reminded, at around noon, about what needs to be done in the evening, and Toodledo currently doesn't make this possible. The longest leadtime within a day is "4 hours", which is rather late for my purposes. The next leadtime over "4 hours" is "1 day", which would be too early. So there is a very large (too large!) gap between those 2 options, "4 hours" and "1 day".

I switched to Toodledo from Outlook, and Outlook allows you to manually write in any reminder leadtime value in minutes or hours or days that you prefer, in addition to selecting a "standard" leadtime from a list. This would also be an ideal arrangement for Toodledo reminders.

Thank you.
AA

• AA
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2010
When I want to share a couple of folders publicly and then visit them to test this (while not being logged in to my account, obviously), I get the following pop-up dialog window:

"You are no longer signed in. Please sign in and repeat this action."

This happens to me in all the browsers, even on the iPad. What does that mean? I'm sharing a folder publicly, also with people who have no Toodledo accounts, so why should they be "signed in" on a public page? :-o It's not even possible.

The first time I've been getting these pop-up dialogs is today. Everything was OK previously.

Thank you for your help in removing these pesky and out-of-place pop-ups.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7