• Score: 0
Thanks!
Salgud

Posted Oct 18, 2010 in: Can't scroll with scroll wheel
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2010
I very much like the ability to scroll and keep the headers at the top. I even requested it specifically not long before you added it. That's great.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with IE7 at work (I work for the state, they'll migrate to IE 8 when IE 11 is out), and in IE7, the scroll wheel doesn't work when I freeze the headers. So I either can scroll, but not keep the headers visible, or have to scroll with the vertical slider. Bummer!

Is this on your fix-it list? Please? I'm sure there's a lot of us, many of us on the verge of suicide if this isn't fixed immediately. :)

Ok, so I exaggerate a bit. Is this on the "list"?
Salgud

Posted Oct 15, 2010 in: Recurrence
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2010
A recurring task will automatically regenerate, you don't have to do anything beyond setting the recurrance interval. You have a lot of options - you might want to take a look here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=repeat

Also note, right next to the Repeat box is the Repeat From option box, and you can select whether the recurring tasks generate from the due date of the original task or from it's date of completion.

For instance, if I have "mow lawn" repeating every 2 weeks, and I slip by a week, I don't want the recurring task to become due a week later, I want it to be due 2 weeks after I last mowed the lawn. So it would be set to "From date of Completion".

There's even more in the help screens, and you can search these forums for ideas and examples of how others use recurring tasks.

HTH
Salgud

Posted Oct 14, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2010
Posted by vsbsubscribe:
One question.
In the second option for the indented view - "Indented mode shows loose subtasks", going by the description given above, the option should work like the following.

I have the following task arrangement:
Main task [Status is active]
SubTask1 [not active]
SubTask2 [is active]
SubTask3 [not active]

So now if I go to Status > Active, I had expected the option B to work like this -
MainTask
[indented]SubTask2

The others shouldnt get listed as only these two are "active" [the only criterion].

But, if i choose the option B, the tasks are listed as follows -

MainTask
[indented]SubTask1
[indented]SubTask2
[indented]SubTask3

So... if its appearing like this, then there is no apparent difference between option b and choosing the option "flattened" for SubTasks in the toolbar. Right?
But the whole point of this change you have done is to see the main task [if it also matches the criteria] and only those the sub tasks which match a particular criteria in the indented mode. Right?
Now, the parent [if it matches the criteria] and all the subtasks are getting listed, irrespective of whether they match the criteria or not.

Feel open to correct if I have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing in your example. With Option B selected, I'm seeing only the subtask, no parent, no siblings, as long as I have Flattened or Indented chosen. Of course, Hidden hides the subtasks.

Thanks again, TD! Great enhancement, very useful, gives us more control of this vital aspect of TD. Please keep doing what you're doing.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2010.
Salgud

Posted Oct 08, 2010 in: Folders, Subfolders and Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Posted by Lisa:
I'm trying to wrap my head around how this works. I'm a Realtor. I'm looking to set up a folder for each client, then a subfolder for each property. Under each property (subfolder?), I'd like to list the tasks for each property. Is there a way to do this?

Stuart's method works well. You also have other alternatives. If you have a pro account (a measly $15/yr), and therefore, subtasks, you could use a Folder for each client, a parent task for each property, and subtasks for each actual task. One of the advantages of doing it this way is if the tasks for a given property tend to be the same, you could create a template which you could then copy it for each new property. You could have all the possible tasks you might have for a property, copy the template, delete out any that don't apply to THIS specific property, add any unique ones, and have your list ready to go in a few minutes.

If you don't have a pro account, and don't want to get one, you could use any of the text based fields you're not already using for the client or the property. For example, if you're not using the Goals field, you can make it your client field (you can't actually rename it, you just think of it as "Clients" instead of "Goals". This "mentally renaming" of fields works for some, not so much for others.)

TD is very flexible, there isn't much it can't do if you understand it. And there's lot's of help here in these forums and the help screens for when you don't understand it. If any of these methods appeal to you and you don't know how to do it, just post a question and you'll probably get an answer within a day, if not sooner.

HTH
Salgud

Posted Oct 08, 2010 in: Add a subtask
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Since adding a subtask is an action, not an attribute, they moved it to the menu accessible when you click on the lego brick, left of the task name.
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2010 in: Recurring Task + Reminder
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2010
I think an optional task will do what you want.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=optional
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2010 in: AT&T SMS
  • Salgud
Have you tried clearing the field and starting over, re-enter the address?
Salgud

• Salgud
In the Search area, you'll find the New Search tab. You can do very sohpisticated searches, including searching on Start Date. Remember to Save your search when you are done, so you can have it available later.
Salgud

• Salgud
I'd contact AT&T service.
Salgud

• Salgud
Yes, that's how I have it entered.
Salgud

• Salgud
Sorry, can't confirm. I have SMS notifications set up for my AT&T phone and they work fine.
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2010 in: Separating Due date and reminder time
  • Salgud
Makes more sense to me to have them as they are. Even at my age, I can manage to hit the tab key once to get to the time. :)
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2010 in: Simple search fails
  • Salgud
Posted by PeterW:
This does work for me, so my guess is that you have the setting "Subtasks: Flattened-Hidden-Indented" set to either Hidden or Indented. Set them to Flattened and your filter will product results.

Doh! Thanks, Peter.

I like the idea that if I star a subtask, the parent is automatically starred.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Simple search fails
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2010
After making sure I had a starred, incomplete subtask, I duplicated your filter, got the same results - no matching criteria! Using IE7 on WinXP.
Salgud

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: Not Carrying Over Daily Tasks?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2010
I believe what you want is an Optional task, described here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=optional
Salgud

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: colorization
  • Salgud
Posted by randy.starkey:
Salgud - No task managers use color?

What I said was, "Can't think of another task manager that has that feature, though I imagine there probably are some."

Please, if you're going to reply to me, reply to what I wrote.
Salgud

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: Subtask Template Clutter
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
When I create a new set of subtasks, I tag them with a unique tag, in my case, the county name which I'm preparing the data for. So you could think of a unique tag, like date, type of wine, occasion, etc for each run (what is the correct name for a "batch" of wine?) and tag it with that name.

You could also "bend" TD a bit, and use one of the attributes you aren't curently using, like goals or loacation and mark each batch there.
Salgud

Posted Oct 04, 2010 in: Search and Replace
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2010
Would very much like to see a Search and Replace feature in TD. Is it on "The List" you keep in your head? Are you sure it's safe there? :)
Salgud

Posted Oct 04, 2010 in: colorization
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2010
  • Score: -1
I have trouble seeing it as a "basic" feature. Can't think of another task manager that has that feature, though I imagine there probably are some. Certainly, I think of improving the interface, Saved Views, Star on Start Date, Star on Due Date, universal search, search and replace, upgrading tags, and probably 5 or 6 more I can't recall as being more "basic" than color coding. YMMV.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next