ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: Plea for improvement
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2010
  • Score: 0
You can create a Custom Search and set the criteria exactly as you like, so it includes "Waiting for".
Salgud

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: Plea for improvement
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Posted by ma.prochazka:
Hi, I love toodledo. I use it as a GTD and I miss this:
STATUS - it is possible that the user can determine which statuses are deffered and visible? I would be happy for example, if the status of "Waiting for 'was always visible. Thanks you for reply ...

Customization of the status field is an oft requested feature, and is on their list.

As for "Waiting for", it is always on the status list now.
Salgud

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: Status: How do you use it?
  • Salgud
First of all, I don't refer to my tasks as "Projects". I call them tasks or todos. I keep groups of tasks in separate folders by Project.

I use status to some purpose on all my tasks, most of them pretty obvious. Most of my tasks are "Active", meaning I can do them when scheduled. I rarely use "Next Action", except when I want to be able to separate and edit some "Active" tasks from all the others. My "Starred" (tasks to be done today) custom Search list is set to accomodate this.

I use "Waiting" if I'm waiting on a reply to proceed, "Hold" if I've put a task on hold for some other reason than "Waiting". I use "Planning" for my template tasks, ones that will never be on my "Active" list themselves, but which I clone when I'm doing a project. The clones become "Active" or "Next Action", depending on what I'm going to do with them next. "Postponed" is postponed. "Someday" I use for tasks I'd like to get to but won't have time in the near future, but want a record of to remind me when I do have some time.

I use "Reference" for special tasks that are not really tasks. I got the idea from a post in these forums. Since tags come and go in TD, I created tasks, 2 so far, that are simply placeholders so that some tags don't just come and go. I call these tasks "Tag1" and "Tag2" and they have as many tags as TD allows so that those tags never dissappear from my tag list. I've almost got "Tag2" filled up with it's limit of tags, so if I add more permanent tags, I'll have to create "Tag3". Since they have a status of "Reference", they don't show up on any of the lists where I don't want them.

"Cancelled" is for tasks that I didn't do for one reason or another, but for which I'd like a record that I didn't do them and why, which I put in the Note field.

I even have a use for "None". I'm experimenting with using TD for my grocery shopping list. I'm creating a master list of all the things I normally buy at the grocery store, which will be, based on past experience, in excess of 200 items when it's done. I can go into the master list, star everything I want to get this trip, then print the starred list before I go shopping. All grocery items have a status of None, which precludes them from appearing on my other lists.

I also have a repeating task called "Check Deferred List", which repeats once a week and reminds me to look at all the tasks in all those deferred categories (Waiting, Postponed, Someday, Hold, etc.), so I don't lose track of anything. Works quite well.

So I use virtually all of the statuses for some purpose. One of the things I like about TD is that it gives me so many ways to slice and dice my task list. Might as well use it if you need it and it's there. YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: So how do I make a to do list?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Click on "Add a Task" in the upper right corner.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
99% of the suggestions that we get are duplicates of stuff that is already on our to-do list. When I encounter something new, I make my own summary of the idea and put it on the list. I am sorry, but I just do not have the time to maintain a roadmap, rank user request, or publicly detail which ideas are new, which ones are duplicates, which ones are being worked on, which ones are low priority, etc. Its all in my head and on our list, which is the most important place for it to be. For my own efficiency, I need to press the "Thanks for the suggestion" button and move on, otherwise I would never get any work done. Please understand that I spend 2-3 hours a day reading, responding and processing everything that is posted to Toodledo via these forums, support tickets and emails.

I support the suggestion because I thought, once set-up, it would simplify some of what you're already doing, save you some time. If that's not the case, then it's not a good idea. Having come from the CC forums, I very much appreciate the excellent, prompt support that you give here, and would not support anything that would increase the effort necessary to do so. Your efforts do not go unnoticed!
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by Studio:
Hi,
i'd like to add a multi task with different due dates, seems not possible at the moment: or i'm missing something ... ?
Thanks

I just create multiple tasks, then go back and enter the Start Dates and Due Dates for each. Obviously, the multiple entry feature only allows you to enter tasks with the same attributes.
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Tracking cloned tasks
  • Salgud
I can tell, but only when they're in groups, like when a bunch of them in funny suits with big shoes are getting out of a very small car.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by johnwin:
I'm on the beta test for this app and must say that it looks very promising and Mike is a most responsive developer.

I'm not sure if there are still beta test spaces left but would recommend it to anyone who is happy to be part of a beta test.

What if not doing beta testing anymore is a big part of the reason I'm happy? :)

This message was edited Sep 28, 2010.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by cornopean:
I need to get some sort of mobile device to assist me in my work. I am a director of distance learning so my first need is mobile access to the internet. I need a big enough screen to make internet work at least tolerable. Second, I need the phone, so I can connect with my students. Third, I need a network.....so I am thinking a Verizon type thing since they seem to have the best network. This has me leaning towards a Droid. ....but which one?
Or am I leaning towards the wrong thing?

Help me out here, people.

Depends on how much time you want to spend researching/shopping, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt, you may not want to put as much effort into as I do. I like to shop for something like this (not like clothes - UGH!), so I enjoy the process of finding the right device as enjoying the device itself. To others, it's just a tool.

1. Decide if the ISP is as important or even more important than the device. If you really have to have Verizon reliability, then that narrows your search.

2. Read at least a few reviews of the devices you think you might like, making note of the "can't live without" features. Make a list if you need to.

3. Go try out a few devices. I'm very picky about how something feels in my hand, even things like hammers and knives. You may not even care about this, but you almost certainly will care about how easy/intuitive the device is to you.

If you feel the need to repeat any of the above steps, do so. Remember, once you sign-up, it's yours every day for the next two years, or you're going to pay for it again to get out of the contract. And again to buy something else. Unless you're independently wealthy, this can get expensive. Also remember, most companies have a 30 day no charge return policy, and most states have a some sort of law allowing you to opt out of a contract within a prescribed number of days (in Colorado, it's three days) without any penalty.

Best of luck!
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Why no "Cancel" in Search box?
  • Salgud
I would like to suggest to the developers that there be a "Cancel" button in the Advanced Search box, just as there is in the Add Task box, so we don't have to run the same search or click on a tab to exit.

Thanks for your consideration.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
I don't think Siraj is asking you to make your roadmap public. He is suggesting you use the suggested method for polling users on what features they most desire, and having the results of that poll available to all. What TD does with that poll is up to them, and their plan is still confidential, as any reasonably astute user can understand.

At least that's my interpretation.
Salgud

• Salgud
Great to hear. Of course, we'll expect it by the end of the week. :)
Salgud

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Recurring tasks
  • Salgud
If you're asking about the cloud version, all you have to do is refresh the screen, or just reselect the current tab. Unless, it's a repeating task that's starred. If it's starred, and you're in a list that filters for starred, then the replacement task will automatically appear. You have to "de-star" it to get it off your list until it meets the criteria to get back on the list again later. It's better if you get in the habit of destarring a task when you mark it complete, something I'm working on and getting better at.

Which reminds me that I've been wanting to make a feature request for a while for an option to have tasks auto-de-starred when they are marked complete to avoid this minor, but irritating, hassle.
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2010 in: Why no "Cancel" in Search box?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2010
Meant "Advanced Search", which is all I use. Should be an option to cancel there as well.
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2010 in: Sort by date created, ascending
  • Salgud
I just gave it a try, and it worked fine. Running IE7, WinXP. Must be something else.
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2010 in: Why no "Cancel" in Search box?
  • Salgud
It seems to me there should be a "Cancel" button in the search box, just like in the "Add Task" box. I always hesitate for a second if I decide to leave the Search box without doing a Search, expecting a Cancel option somewhere. Does this make sense?
Salgud

• Salgud
I've advocated for this feature almost since I started using TD. Big +++ (ballot stuffing:) here. This would really complete TD in so many ways.
Salgud

Posted Sep 27, 2010 in: reminders for individual todos
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Posted by kq6ra:
Captain_Obvious

Thanks for the reply. What I am wondering is how to set an email reminder for a todo item individually. From what I see it requires a pro account for this.

Brad

Yes, that is correct, just as I said.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Posted by Pe TS FAD Projects:
Multi-Add cool, although I kind of miss having the Add Task at the bottom of the list - I'll get used to the change. :)

Locked menus/nav doesn't seem to work in Safari 5.0.2, unless there's a pref I missed somewhere to turn it on.

Thanks!

As in the original post:

This is in your account settings, under the "Show Tasks as" heading.

HTH
Salgud

Posted Sep 24, 2010 in: No Checkbox?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Posted by sbshepard:
I seem to have lost the checkbox to mark tasks as completed. Is there a setting for this?

Scott

Same thing happened briefly to me yesterday. Wondering if it's a bug in the new version?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next