• Score: 0
I just tried it and it worked fine. Using IE7 on Win2000
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
Great update!

I've changed over to have subtasks inherit attributes from the parent, that'll save a little time.

Tried out the scrolling just the table, not the headers feature. Since I'm stuck with IE7 here at work, it only works if I use the scroll bar, not the scroll wheel. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future? Right now, it's a tough choice between the two options.

Thanks to the TD staff for a great job!
Salgud

Posted Sep 23, 2010 in: Deleting Goals
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
Over to the right of each goal is a little trashcan. Click on it.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2010
Posted by acheri:
I was thinking about how hard is for me to keep thinking about tasks in long term.

Yes I can set another reminder with e.d. repeat until task is done, but I realized that its realy anoying I mean you have than like 20 repeating tasks on every day, you cant recognize what is realy important that day (because of lack of colour signs in toodledo) and its all mess

is there some easier way to do so ?

Color coding is but one way to show priority. I "recognize what is important every day" by using the Priority field and sorting my tasks by priority.

how do you kep your long term tasks to be aware of them and not realize one day ahead that this task should have been solving for 4 days now and before DL there is no time? :-)

ty

I put them in Someday, and have a repeating task that reminds me to check all tasks with a deferred status (Hold, Wait, Someday, etc) every week. Very simple.
Salgud

Posted Sep 16, 2010 in: NOTEPAD ENTERING SUB-NOTE
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Are you asking about the Notebook feature of TD? If so, it doesn't have a "sub-note" capability.

By the way, you may not know, when you type in ALL CAPS anywhere on the internet, it is considered SHOUTING! Better to type in all lower case.
Salgud

Posted Sep 16, 2010 in: Colours
  • Salgud
Sorry if I'm being dense, but what's a "Topic" in TD? Or do you mean here, in the forums?

This message was edited Sep 16, 2010.
Salgud

• Salgud
I'm still struggling with getting a couple of my Saved Searches to do exactly what I want. My Today search isn't working.

I have tasks with only a Start Date, only a Due Date, both, or neither. All the possibilities. I want a saved search that only shows those tasks that are supposed to have started (SD before tomorrow) or are due by today (DD before tomorrow). The problem is when a task has no start date (0) and the due date is in the future. I don't want this task showing on my Today Saved Search. The other issue is I want tasks with no Start Date and no Due Date (can be done anytime) to show in this Search.

Is this possible? On tasks that have no Start Date but do have a Due Date, do I have to set the Start Date to the same date as the Due Date to make this work? Any suggestions?
Salgud

Posted Sep 15, 2010 in: Two Quick Newbie Questions
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2010
Posted by gshowden:
Can the "folder" column be hidden?

No.

My question is: how do I change the details of the task and have them copy to all the subtasks?

I almost commented on this in the forums today, but didn't have time. I think the instructions are misleading. You have to clone each individual task in the template, not just the super-task. It's a pretty standard request, and I believe on the master list, to change this and make it so that the subtasks inherit the properties (folder, tags, contexts, goals, etc) of the supertask.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010.
Salgud

Posted Sep 15, 2010 in: Multi User And Templates + Roadmap Q
  • Salgud
Posted by brian.kraft:
great I found it, seems like the feature is slightly buried. What about the multi user edit item, is that anywhere on the planned features?

It's already there, though probably not obvious. Go to the Search page, and after you do any search, you'll see the Multi-edit button in the upper right corner. Of course, the trick is to set up a system of tags, contexts, folders, etc. so you can isolate the items you want to multi-edit.

Best of luck.

Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Thanks for your prompt reply.

My mistake. I misinterpreted the results when I created a project from a template and had tasks from each intermingled. Once I sorted it all out, I realized that it wasn't the bug I thought I was seeing when I posted.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
I accidentally tagged some tasks with the wrong tag. I went back in a removed them. The tags don't show in the tasks anymore, or in a Search, but when I go to the Tags view, they're still there under that tag. Known issue? On the list? Another acid flashback to the sixties?

Thanks.
Salgud

Posted Sep 15, 2010 in: Shouldn't Clone be a Multi-edit option?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Seems to me that I ought to be able to clone multiple tasks. Could be a Multi-edit option. Would be really nice if we were queried when we cloned a group of tasks, what fields we wanted different from the source tasks. E.g., put the clones in a different folder/context/goal etc. Sound useful? Doable?
Salgud

• Salgud
I'd like to have the option to keep the Header area, where the tabs and the sorts and the filter options appear, on screen when I scroll down in my task list, so I can turn these options on/off without having to scroll back up.

Thanks for your efforts.

Salgud

Posted Sep 15, 2010 in: Multi-Edit Notes
  • Salgud
At this time, you can't multi-edit notes.
Salgud

• Salgud
For now, TD doesn't support filters based on time of day. I believe they's said it's on the list.
Salgud

Posted Sep 13, 2010 in: Noob question
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2010
  • Score: 1
Yes, but you first need to turn on that field in "Account Settings", "Fields and Functions Used".

HTH
Salgud

Posted Sep 13, 2010 in: Status hold and active
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2010
Posted by ma.prochazka:
Hi, I do not know what to do with status hold and active. Can you write an example task to which you assign this status? Thank you

Active is just any task that you plan on working on soon, based on your method for deciding which tasks you want to work on next.

I use Hold for a task that I can't work on for some reason, like right now I've got a task to prepare for a meeting that's been postponed and no new date has been given yet. I see Hold and Waiting as very similar, but I use Waiting when I'm waiting for a specific person to make a decision or for someone to reply to a request.

You can use them however you think best, or not use them at all.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2010
I've noticed the same thing. Funny, because I can remember my oldest son's phone no. because he had that number before we had speed dialing. My two younger son's numbers I've never learned.
Salgud

Posted Sep 07, 2010 in: I can't see "View by Tag"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2010
Do you have tags turned on in your Settings, under Fields Used?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2010
Approach to posting. (Wrong)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next