ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Feb 05, 2014 in: Export search results?
Score: 2
  • M
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2014
  • Score: 2
I think I asked about this "feature" some time ago, and was told it's not possible, but I thought I'd check again -- is there any way to EXPORT (and then, ultimately, DELETE from Toodledo) the results of a custom search?

I'm taking some of my less important tasks and marking them with a status of "Postponed." I'd really like to (not just hide them, but) REMOVE them from Toodledo -- but "archive" them onto my hard drive, so I can recover them if desired.
M

Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2014
  • Score: 0
I've noticed that recently (since the last update?), whenever I use the iPhone app and am in any task list -- the SEARCH/QUICK ADD "header" that used to appear OPTIONALLY at the top of my screen (I could drag down, to see it) -- always appears. I have to CLOSE it now, if I don't want it, rather than opening it if I do.

Is this a code change? Is there a setting?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Any tips on how to remember to/avoid ACCIDENTALLY using TD email syntax "keys" in my email subjects?

I forward emails from Gmail to TD a lot. I end up losing everything after whatever special character I've inserted (because I forget not to) into my subject line. I use -, @, *, & and : ALL THE TIME, in my tasks, so I naturally type them into my subject.

Is there an easier way to get my emails from Gmail to TD without having to save them to ensure that they got into TD correctly?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2014
Is there any way to do a search for not only my repeating tasks, but only those that repeat "from completion?"
M

Posted Jan 08, 2014 in: "Repeat" glitch
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2014
Ditto. Is this related to the problem with daily repeating tasks (with only a start date) NOT moving forward, from yesterday (1/8/14) ?

I would enter this as a ticket, but the system isn't allowing me to enter a new one today (even though my last entry was yesterday)!

This message was edited Jan 08, 2014.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2014
I have just noticed this, as well. Not sure it's happening for all of my recurring tasks, but there's one that's supposed to complete EVERY MONDAY, from DUE, and it won't move forward from yesterday!
M

Posted Jan 15, 2013 in: Clarify hotlist
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2013
I see that suggestion (custom search) a lot but, because I use TD probably 75% of the time on the iPhone, it doesn't work, for me!

I LOVE custom searches, but they're not a solution until they're available on the iPhone... (hint, hint!)

I'll just try to remember to always add a start date if I'm setting priority as "top."

Thanks
M

Posted Jan 12, 2013 in: Clarify hotlist
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2013
I just want to make sure that I understand this: if I have a TOP priority task with a due date 3 weeks from today, and NO start date, and my hotlist settings are:
Has a priority of '3 Top' or higher
OR
Has a due date in the next 2 days
OR
Has a status of NEXT ACTION

those items WILL show up in my hotlist *before* they are due? So anything with a priority matching or higher than the setting for the hotlist MUST have a start date, or it will always show?

(Here's another reason I'd like to be able to multi-edit using FIELDS: "update tasks set START DATE = DUE DATE where priority=3")
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Reviving this, with another example of how I'd like to use Multi-Edit (to get around my desire/"need" to count postponements): Search for all starred tasks due today, and change their DUE DATE to CURRENT DUE DATE + repeat interval; or to CURRENT DUE DATE + 1, etc.

I know my ideas seem useless to many, but just the ability to write "update queries" that use values from other fields, is what I'm looking for on this one...
M

Posted Jan 06, 2013 in: Postponing, and tracking postponements
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2013
I'm pretty ADD and mildly OCD, and need to slim down my to do list drastically (over 1000 items!). I am compelled to write down, as a task, every idea that pops into my head.

I just made the (probably foolish) move of paying for Remember the Milk Pro, after being a paying Toodledo customer for some years. I did that out of desperation, because RTM counts postponements. Unfortunately, it doesn't handle them well (postponing to today, if overdue, or one day if not overdue) -- I need to be able to postpone by a certain amount of time, or SKIP an occurrence, AND track how many times I do that so I can see which tasks have been postponed a certain number of times and convince myself that they should come off my list.

I really need to know if Toodledo plans to EVER add, as a feature, AT LEAST postponement counts, and hopefully flexible postponing of tasks. If NOT, I may have to try to live with RTM. If so, I'll stick with Toodledo, as it does just about everything else that I need, and does it well.

Please advise...

Thanks
M

• M
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2012
I thought I'd asked this, but cannot come up with my post via searching the forum, so I'll ask again: Is it now possible, or will it ever be possible, to use SEARCH > MULTI-EDIT to update the value of one field (e.g., START DATE) from the value in another field (e.g., DUE DATE)?
M

Score: -1
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
  • Score: -1
Like it so far, and hate to immediately hit you with, "But what about's", but I would add votes for the following
1) more color options (I particularly miss the green checkmark when I complete a task)
2) Even though, in the previous version, I did NOT have the status field displayed, I could FILTER by deferred tasks. I could set status in the web interface, but continue to HIDE deferred tasks on the iPhone. That seems to have gone away -- I now have to DISPLAY the status field on the iPhone which, given the limited space, I prefer to not do.

Thanks!
M

Posted Sep 17, 2012 in: Due date modifiers -- set my default?
Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2012
  • Score: 1
Is it possible to change the "default" due date modifier from "due by" to something else? I prefer that most of mine be "due after..."
M

Posted Sep 14, 2012 in: Start & due interaction
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2012
Hmmm... Just checked one, today, and it <u>is</u> showing up on my hotlist.

I'll keep an eye on it, and submit a ticket if I see further problems.
M

Posted Sep 13, 2012 in: Start & due interaction
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2012
I'm a little confused about the effect of the start date on my Hotlist. (This is on the iPhone app.)

I have daily repeating tasks that I had a start date and a due date on. When I check them off, the due date moves forward a day, and the start date seems to stay AS IT WAS originally set.

My Hotlist settings are
Has a priority of '3 Top' or higher.
Has a due date in the next 1 days.
Has a status of 'Next Action'

(By the way, some and/or logic here would be WONDERFUL!)

Once the start date on these tasks is in the past (even thought the due date is today) -- I don't see them on my Hotlist, anymore!

Not sure why...
M

Posted Sep 08, 2012 in: How would I form this search?
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2012
Jake -- so simple. I think that's it.

Purveyor -- thanks. I do forget about the "Match any" "Match all" at the top, but I think I actually want the "Match all," in this case. I often have to think very very hard about how to form my searches. Any chance of - someday - adding the ability to just write simple SQL to form a search?
M

Posted Sep 08, 2012 in: A TD Grocery List
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2012
GrizzlyPapi -- adding the ability to hide ITEMS by store was one of the things I suggested to them, that they seemed to like. We'll see if they ever actually IMPLEMENT. It's got its problems, but I'm giving it a go, for now.
M

Posted Aug 30, 2012 in: How would I form this search?
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2012
I think I'm overthinking this. I have a saved search that returns tasks WHERE
(CHECKED = NO
AND STARRED = NO
AND (START DATE IN THE NEXT 9 OR DUE DATE IN THE NEXT 9)
AND FOLDER = NO FOLDER)

I want to add "OR (START DATE DOESN'T EXIST AND DUE DATE DOESN'T EXIST)"

But I can't figure out how to do that in a SEARCH.

Anyone? It's probably easy, but I'm thinking too hard and overwhelming myself!
M

Posted Aug 29, 2012 in: Keyboard shortcut failing me
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2012
That was on Chrome (Sorry - the version is where I am NOT) - probably an older version, as it's on an old Win98 Netbook.

Just tried it on Firefox 14.0.1 on Windows 7, and it worked fine.
M

• M
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2012
I see reference, on these forums, to how the "hide future tasks" FILTER hides anything with a start date more than 1 day away (I think)?

But there's an ACCOUNT SETTING for hide future tasks, too. Does THIS control how many days of START DATEd tasks I can see?

I'm really struggling with separating my "routine" tasks (with days I need to be REMINDED to do them) vs. my "other" tasks (some with actual DUE dates, some with "it'd be nice to have this done by..." dates. Because, in addition to separating, I want, at times, to see them all together. I had hoped (because I'm doing this on the iPhone) to be able to use the Hotlist -- but it's pretty rigid in its requirements whilst being a bit too flexible with its "OR" statements -- because of the not-yet-availability of saved searches on the iPhone.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next