ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Feb 29, 2016 in: Click & drag to reorder list
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 29, 2016
  • Score: 0
I'm not real familiar with Lists, but I don't think you can manually order them. I'd suggest numbering them in the order you want.

1 - Hardware
2 - Cleaners
3 - Grocery store
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Is there a way to search for custom repeats?
Salgud

Posted Feb 29, 2016 in: how do I edit repeated tasks?
  • Salgud
Sure. As soon as you check one off, the next instance will appear. Find it and edit it to the correct date, keeping in mind that the next one will repeat on the new date.

This message was edited Mar 01, 2016.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2016
Filter for all completed tasks, then do a Control F and search for any keywords.
Salgud

Posted Feb 17, 2016 in: How do I logout or sign out online?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2016
Click on the down arrow in the upper right corner, sign-out will be right there.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2016
It might help if you understand that TD is not an alarm application, it is primarily a task management application (with a lot of bells and whistles attached), so you can only set alarms on the Due Date of a task (or Habit), not at any random time. In your situation, I would create a separate task for the call, and set an alarm for that task. That's how TD works.
Salgud

Posted Feb 09, 2016 in: Regular evening task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2016
Set the task up with a Due Date of today at 9pm, and set repeating every day.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2016
There are quite a few TD users who are not TDers, like myself, and to us, "No Folder" is far more intuitive then "Inbox". So it's a mixed bag, and probably not worth wasting a developers time to change.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2016
Posted by pawelkaleta:
The walkaround hete is to create folder or context called _To_Delete and instead of clicking thrash can icon, we change the folder or context and once all the tasks to be deleted are moved there, use Advance Search to remove all of the tasks from that group.

But yes, even if it saves some time it is still the walkaround only and mutliselection of any set of tasks we want would be the best option here.

Not sure what the advantage of this workaround is. This seems like an extra step, to give each task you want to delete a special context or folder, then delete. Why not just delete each one and save a step?

This message was edited Feb 02, 2016.
Salgud

Posted Jan 27, 2016 in: Fantastical 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2016
I've not tried Fantastical, but I have heard it's one of the better iPhone calendar apps available. I use Pocket Informant on my iPhone for my personal calendar, task list & contact list. It has a very similar feature list to TD's, but ties your tasks to your calendar which I find very useful because many of my tasks are related to events. I don't use the TD syncing feature as I keep my work and personal task lists separate as much as possible. I've read here that PI syncs very will with TD. I much prefer PI's interface to TD's on my phone, it is much simpler and user-friendly than TD's. It's nice to have all these choices.
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2016 in: Dates doesn't work
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2016
I think you're a bit confused. There is no place in TD where you can enter "Tasks->Dates->Tomorrow". Can you be more accurate in describing where you are entering this? I suspect you are talking about a custom search. If so, you might be entering something like "Task | is | tomorrow", which would usually yield a "you've done everything..." reply because you've actually searched for a task with the name "tomorrow", not a task due tomorrow.

The correct search for tasks due tomorrow would be "Due Date | is | tomorrow". If that's what you want. Give that a try and let us know if it works.
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2016 in: Can toodledo do this?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2016
You can also use the browser plugin Bookmarklet (under the tools menu). This creates a task with the email's web address in the task's Note field.
Salgud

Posted Jan 19, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2016
Posted by TBernstein:

It took me a while to find the save button as it doesn't appear on the define search page, but only appears AFTER running the search. And then the save button is on the far right, so I didn't notice it right away.

Might it be that way because until you see the result, you might not be sure you want to save it?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2016
Yes, there is a way, depending on what view you're in at the time. Normally, you can turn seeing completed tasks on and off by going to the filter menu (upper right, to the left of Sort), and turning completed tasks on (eye open icon).

If you're in a saved search, and you've filtered out completed tasks, you'd have to modify the filter to see them.
Salgud

Posted Jan 14, 2016 in: Filters - how do they work now?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2016
  • Score: 1
Click on the eye icon, upper right, to the left of Sort. There's your box. Select "All", then click on the one you don't want to see.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2016.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2016
Thanks, Jake.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2016
Posted by 111rmp:
Can someone more clearly explain how to use the "Smart Ad Tip" that pops up when I am adding tasks (using Firefox, desktop version). It says "Prefix the name of a /folder /context or /tag...with a slash to quickly add details to your task."? I have tried in various ways to do this but doesn't seem to do anything.

I struggled with it too. You have to follow a fairly strict protocol to tell TD what you're doing.

1. Go to the Quick Add box
2. Enter the task name, followed by a space
3. Start typing a folder name, a context, a Status, etc.
4. As you type, TD will list the possible options in all applicable categories
5. Once the list appears, you have 2 options:
a. You can arrow down to select the one you want and hit tab
or
b. You can continue typing until only one selection is left, then tab.
5. Rinse, Repeat.

It gets easier with practice, of course.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2016
  • Score: 1
Obviously, the browser controls this in most instances. I have TD in a pinned tab in Chrome (latest version), and it does not open in new tabs unless I make it do it.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2016
Posted by Admirable:
Please direct me to right place if this has been covered and I just can't find it--

I want to show a task as complete but still be able to view it within its folder.

Go to the filters settings (upper right, the eye icon next to "Sort"), make sure the eye is open. This will show recently completed tasks.

Would like to also show date completed.

Go to the Sort buttons, and select "Date Completed" in any of the 3 sort selections. If you want the primary sort to be date completed, use the first sort criteria. If you just want dates completed to show, but not have much effect on the sort order, select the 3rd sort criteria.

Also, you might want to select "Saved Sort Preferences by List" in your settings, so that the criteria you select for a list are semi-permanent. They will remain the same unless you change them.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2016
Posted by cj:
While I was tempted to give a sarcastic reply too ... i realized that the OP has a (small) point:

There should indeed be a way to achieve every major function or task via a menu and a keyboard shortcut. There are a lot of reasons and occasions when *not* using the mouse is much more convenient and productive.

Areas of the UI that force the user to hunt and click (mouse) - that don't seem to have keyboard or keyboard menu alternatives are:
- completing a task (UI - take a cue from the way gmail does its select and deselect from the keyboard)
- starring tasks ... (again Gmail might lend a few ideas)
- anything from the action menu - I find this one to be particularly lacking in alternatives.
and
- the date/time picker (I find that particular GUI widget particularly clumsy - many things in that widget that need better keyboard and menu alternatives)

I'm not complaining about any of these things - but I am pointing out some UI design deficiencies that might confuse a newbie. And for me, some of these UI deficiencies hinder 'hyper-productivity" while using toodledo.

But OK, yeah, the checkmark is kind of obvious ...

Then again, the checkmark-completion, too can be improved:

I use several mindmapping apps, and they all use an interesting GUI technique for a checkbox for a task:
- box is empty for a new task
- doubleclick the 'checkbox' for it to be completed ... it appears "filled"
- single click-only: the lower left quadrant of the box gets filled to indicate the task is 25% done,
- each successive click fills another quadrant counterclockwise. It is actually quite elegant.
-oh, and the above task-completion UI method can also be achieve via keyboard shortcuts or menus

Just food for thought, or discussion.

While I might agree with you in theory, cj, I don't see the problem in practice. This is the first time in the 5 years I've been coming to these forums that anyone has complained about marking tasks complete. As far as "hyper-productivity" goes, to me it's like being pound-wise and penny foolish, there are probably at least a dozen things TD users do to waste valuable time far in excess of the time it takes to grab the mouse. Like the guy on the freeway driving 70 six feet off my back bumper, endangering both our lives, thinking he'll somehow get home sooner. How much time do most of us waste cruising the net or talking football in the breakroom compared to how much we waste using the mouse?

I have nothing against keyboard shortcuts for those who prefer them who'd banish the GUI forever given the chance, but I'm old enough to remember DOS when everything was a keyboard shortcut and using computers was exasperating at best. So I'll happily "waste" 10 minutes a year reaching for my mouse! :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next