Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: Sub tasks hiding
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2011
  • Score: 0
@Salgud,

I'm not sure but it's possibly your settings, i.e:

-Indented mode hides loose subtasks.
-Indented mode shows loose subtasks. (recommended)
-Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible.

Which one is checked?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • PeterW 
Thanks earnjam - will check it out.

Quick question for you: is it possible using Stylish to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox"? And could this be added as a tab on the "Main" view?

I have my own saved search named Inbox but I don't like not having task counts on the search tabs, so am looking for a way to get my "Inbox" appropriately named and more visible.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: Is there an inbox in toodledo?
  • PeterW 
Posted by JPR:
One advantage of 'No Folder' vs creating an Inbox folder is when you drag a task to become a subtask. A 'No Folder' task will join the folder of the new parent, whereas the 'Inbox' subtask will remain in 'Inbox' requiring more editing.

You can also create a custom search called 'Inbox'(Checked Off = No , Folder = No Folder) if you really need to see 'Inbox'.

And another advantage is that 3rd party apps such as Appigo Todo (iPhone, iPad, Mac) displays 'No Folder' tasks in their respective Inboxes.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 25, 2011 in: Is there an inbox in toodledo?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 25, 2011
Yes, kind of. It's called 'No Folder'.

If you leave the 'new task defaults' in your account settings so that new tasks added go into 'No Folder', this is your inbox. Any tasks you add (regular method, quick add, email, twitter) will land here and you can process them later. Many who use the GTD method do this.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2011
@Salgud - Toodledo has made it quite clear that the forums are a tiny percentage of the user base so what we may think is influential, to him it's close to insignificant and therefore I'd suggest not influential at all.

That's why he works on the things he wants to (e.g. features that are "interesting") rather than features that forum users ask for over and over again that you'd expect would be relatively simple to do (e.g. edit the completed date field).

I'm not being critical of Toodledo - this has all been made clear by him many times (usually followed by me posting "that's a bit depressing"). All I am trying to say is that it's fruitless being polyanna-ish about the influence of the forums in terms of future development.

As a vehicle for sharing knowledge about how we use Toodledo and for posting about bugs (which Toodledo is quick to respond to) the forums are great.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
My experience is that what gets clamored for here gets into the software sooner. I haven't seen Jeff make such a statement as you're saying, in fact, not too long ago, he posted that these forums have a significant influence over what gets done. Of course, there are other factors as well.

There are a number of posts in the News section. Can't find them all but here is one:

Posted by Toodledo:
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.

From this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/7343/5/locations-reverse-sort-and-more.html

This message was edited Dec 21, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
You're right, we don't define it. But we have considerable influence over that list, both according to TD and by observation.

I don't think that's correct Salgud. I've seen posts from Jake that make it quite clear that he considers this forum unrepresentative of the user base and therefore he gives little weight to the requests made here. He works on the things he wants to work on.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • PeterW 
I've noticed one small alignment issue... the task count number seems a bit out of kilter when the highlight is on it. No big deal, but it's noticeable.

Thanks again for your work on this, earnjam. It's an excellent theme.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Daily tasks
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
If you make the task optionally due (due date modifier) then it won't need to be checked off to regenerate.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 18, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2011
Hi earnjam,

I just wanted to say that I really like the way you've removed the oversize tabs at the top and put these options on the toolbar. It's so much cleaner and a much more economical use of space.

I've added a snippet of code that I've been using in Stylish to make multi-line mode a little neater than the default - it removes the field outline and puts all of the fields closer together.

.dets_top {padding-top:2px !important;}
.del {margin-right:0 !important}
.det {width:auto !important;}

.row:hover .det span,.row:hover .dets_top span,.row:hover .dets_top2 span,.row:hover .note div {
border: none !important;
padding:3px !important;
}

.det span:hover {text-decoration:underline !important;}
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2011
Posted by Folke X:
And myriade; if you do not already do so, I would advise you to build your own menu (complete set of views aka lists aka searches) under Search.

Yes, although I WISH Toodledo would get task counts on the Search page. I hate not having them there.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 17, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2011
Looks great. I will play around with it and report back any issues.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: Setting Alarm Defaulty
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
If you are a "Pro" subscriber or a user of the iOS version of Toodledo, the alarm options available are expanded. You can have up to 5 alerts and the lead-time is customisable, e.g. 1 min, 15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour... up to 30 days maximum.

Otherwise you are stuck with 1 alert and it's set to 1 hour before.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: Setting Alarm Defaulty
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
Yes, in your account settings, here:
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=18
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2011
I've used an application in the past named "Taskline". It's an Outlook add-in that turns tasks into calendar events. So this would be a non-toodledo solution and not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but you end up with both calendar events and tasks on your Outlook calendar.
http://www.taskline.com/

Also just found this similar app: http://www.tasktocal.com/
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2011 in: Emailing task lists
  • PeterW 
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2011 in: export to pdf or excel or word
  • PeterW 
I just Googled this up. I don't have an iPad so don't know how well it works, but it looks promising.

PDF Printer for iPad - By Dar-Soft
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/pdf-printer-for-ipad/id427075690?mt=8
PeterW 

Posted Dec 06, 2011 in: Export Back to Outlook
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
I think CSV is best as you can edit the data easily in Excel before importing into Outlook.

I just gave it a try and it worked fine.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by t3mpbox:
Is there a way to do the same with tasks without parents in folders?

A workaround: I often use the "Clone this task" method of adding a task, then just change the task name. This feature is on the 'actions' popup menu.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 06, 2011 in: A few bug fixes
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next