ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Posted May 18, 2016 in: ToodleDo - STILL the Best!
Score: 6
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: May 18, 2016
  • Score: 6
I am as guilty as the next ToodleDo user of only using these forums when I've got a problem, or need something, instead of taking a moment now and then to acknowledge what a fantastic application the folks behind ToodleDo have created, enhanced, and continue to greatly support.

I've been a ToodleDo user for seven years now. I started using ToodleDo as a replacement for Palm, strictly for tasks and notes. Seven years later, I use the full extent of what ToodleDo offers in a non-Pro account, but still only for tasks and notes. Very simple stuff. And I have zero complaints, zero, the application on both the Web side and the iOS app are just fantastic for what I use them for. Look and feel is a personal opinion, I personally like the current look and feel, and I've been amazed at how quickly ToodleDo has responded with just a few users stepping up to ask for something that didn't look or work right, in a very short window.

It's a testament to the people behind ToodleDo that they choose to listen to their users, and use their input to continuously improve and expand upon ToodleDo with functionality like Outlines, Lists, Habits, etc. At the same time, they continue improving the basics and keeping them at the forefront of the application. I don't have to struggle to get through anything that I don't want to use, in order to get to what I do want to use. And this is no easy task, no pun intended, given the fact that whoever is piloting the ToodleDo ship has to balance a never ending list of requests from all sorts of users, most of which are looking to do a LOT more with ToodleDo than I currently do. I can't imagine how they do it, but from my selfish perspective, they do it very well, Looks great, works great, OK please don't change anything else now, ever :)

Seriously, a heartfelt thanks and note of acknowledgement to the folks behind ToodleDo. My first, and still my very favorite app, where I start my days and how I keep them organized throughout. Thank you ToodleDo.
mlb32704

Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: May 18, 2016
  • Score: 0
I've made this request twice, once in April 2014, and again last May. The topic is once again locked for discussion, nobody seems to have any interest in this functionality but me, so this will be my last repeated request I promise. Is there any chance that this will ever get done?

"The backup utility assigns a unique numerical code to each backup, so I don't have to manually change the file name each time I save it to the same location.

The export utilities for completed and uncompleted tasks, as well as notebook exports, do not assign any sort of unique identifier, so I have to manually insert the date at the end of the file each and every time (i.e. "toodle-current4114.csv".

Any thoughts to assigning some sort of identifier, preferably the date, to these three export files?

Yes, I save all three files as well as the backup .xml file each week. I recognize that the .xml file includes everything, but in a pinch, I can load up .csv files in Excel for any missing tasks, old notebooks, etc."

Please advise, thanks.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2015
After several months of using Siri to dictate notes to IOS reminders and onto ToodleDo, I am convinced that this is truly one if not the single best integrated feature of Toodledo. I use it each and every day. It is basic, reliable, convenient and safe in terms of hands free operation while driving. Thank you very much for developing and releasing this functionality to the Toodledo base.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Saw the changes this morning, THANK YOU! Love the left side orientation on the new buttons, THANKS AGAIN, for both listening and quickly making the changes. Years and years of great use and support, still my favorite and everyday go to app, don't know what I'd do without it. I know that ToodleDo has grown leaps and bounds over the years, a lot of great new functionality that I will probably never use, but when it comes to a basic robust fully functional to do list with all sorts of capabilities offered with just a Basic account, plus Notes, no one even compares. And ToodleDo the company behind the product has always listened and somehow balanced out the needs and wants of the uber crazy over the top users with the basic ones such as myself. I don't know how you do it but I thank you. Again :)
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Oh my goodness that is too cool! I can't believe I didn't know about this! Thank you very much Purveyor.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
In line with the "Hey Siri" handsfree operation of the iPhone, has there been any thought or is it even possible to think about tighter integration between ToodleDo and Siri/iOS handsfree operation? Specifically, it would be great to add a task on the road without so much as touching let alone looking at my iPhone which is a no no while driving obviously. Right now, I am using "Hey Siri" and the iPhone's Reminder functionality to add a reminder, which I have to review later and add to my ToodleDo list. I'd love to cut the middleman out in this process, anything in the works?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
PS please move "Save" and "Cancel" buttons to the LEFT as well. These buttons themselves are very cool, large and easy to use, but the process surrounding their repositioned right margin locations is anything but improved. Move everything LEFT - Add, Save, Cancel - and you will have a much better setup. Thanks.
mlb32704

Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
  • Score: 1
LOVE the new "Add Task" Button. HATE the call to put it all the way over to the RIGHT. Not sure who planned it out or the logic behind the positioning but the add task process now has me selecting a button in the upper right hand corner, then scrolling over to the left to type in the task contents, refresh to add it to the queue, etc. The tasks start on the left, they read left to right, WHY would I want to start the entire process in the upper RIGHT hand corner?

Please move that new "Add Task" Button to the LEFT. Please. Thanks!
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2015
Not sure when that column of Action buttons was added along the side of Tasks right next to the checkbox for completion. Very distracting and annoying as they light up anytime you go anywhere near them. I'm guessing that they are not going away, but can you please include an option to hide or move them? That would be awesome, thanks.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2015
That worked :) Not sure that "X" was available when I posted my question but thanks. Again :)
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
How do I turn off the big green "1" next to the shadowed out headshot in the upper right corner aka "Win a Free Subscription" Sweepstakes Notification?
mlb32704

Posted Jul 08, 2015 in: New Logo = NICE!
Score: 5
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2015
  • Score: 5
I really like the new logo! It's a lot cleaner and professional looking, really emphasizes the "do" in Toodledo without capitalizing the D like the old logo. It will take me some time to write Toodledo instead of ToodleDo but I'll get the hang of it :) Still the best app hands down, and now a better logo to go with it. Nice job.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2015.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: May 22, 2015
I made this request over a year ago and the topic is now locked for discussion. Any chance that this will ever move up on the feature request list?

"The backup utility assigns a unique numerical code to each backup, so I don't have to manually change the file name each time I save it to the same location.

The export utilities for completed and uncompleted tasks, as well as notebook exports, do not assign any sort of unique identifier, so I have to manually insert the date at the end of the file each and every time (i.e. "toodle-current4114.csv".

Any thoughts to assigning some sort of identifier, preferably the date, to these three export files?

Yes, I save all three files as well as the backup .xml file each week. I recognize that the .xml file includes everything, but in a pinch, I can load up .csv files in Excel for any missing tasks, old notebooks, etc."

Please advise, thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: TAG sort order changed/broken ???
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2015
I just did a refresh of the Web site and everything is back in order -- top to bottom mine run by date first, then numerically by tags (i.e. 1 before 2, 01 before 02 and 1, and so on, etc.) and non tagged items run to the bottom. Everything is as it was before, working perfectly. I don't know Jake, but I picture this guy in a wizard outfit blowing smoke and/or code all around and asking us to disregard the guy behind the curtain :) Seriously, I am a long time extremely satisfied ToodleDo customer who loves the basic functionality, reliability and integration between Web and iOS of ToodleDo. Thanks Jake etc.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: TAG sort order changed/broken ???
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2015
Most definitely having this issue but only on the Web site, not on any iOS devices. I sort by due date, then tag. On the Web site, it is listing those items without any tags first, then going in numerical order for the rest. If I reverse, I get backwards counting numbers first, then no tags. Again, the ToodleDo apps running on iOS devices are all working correctly, it's just the Web site which unfortunately I use a lot. Please fix soon, thanks!
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2015
This is a repeat of a request from April 2014:

Yes, I save all three files as well as the backup .xml file each week. I recognize that the .xml file includes everything, but in a pinch, I can load up .csv files in Excel for any missing tasks, old notebooks, etc.

Not sure if this was the right forum area for product enhancement requests, apologies in advance if that was not the case.

Thanks!"

Any update or change in status on this request?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2015
Problem is BACK on my end, on all iOS devices. I see that Jake has submitted fix to Apple for approval, what is the estimated time frame on this for us?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Update - looks like everything is correct this morning on both devices. Not sure what happened as I don't see any additional update that came through, it just started working correctly? Very strange but all is well again.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
judsontaylor, are you sure that your iPhone has done the update? Mine didn't do it automatically for some reason, but after I did the update manually the problems started. I am having the same problem on my iPad as my iPhone. Hope they fix it soon!
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Just to clarify -- this issue is happening on iOS8 only. Web site is fine.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next