ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DrFrankBuck"
DrFrankBuck

Score: 0
ykphuah,

I am in the central time zone. The time I was experiencing the problem was in the evening....I am guess around 7:30 to 8:30 PM.
DrFrankBuck

Jake, for what it's worth, when I assign June dates, the app is now holding them. I was noticing the problem on May 31. Perhaps that that we are into June, that has something to do with it. I tried assigning a July date to a task, and it held that OK.

Of course, even though I am not seeing a problem now, whatever was causing the problem on May 31 is still there.
DrFrankBuck

On the Android app, when I assign start and due dates for June, the corresponding July date is assigned instead.

For example, if I use "Quick Date" to assign a start date of June 3, the app assigns July 3. The same problem happens when assigning due dates. These issues also exist when tapping the date and selecting a new date from the calendar.

The same issue exists on both my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3) and tablet (Galaxy Tab).
DrFrankBuck

Posted May 30, 2014 in: Search not working on Android app
I have the Toodledo Android app on both my phone and tablet. Today, search is not working working on the app on either device. When I enter the search term and tab the magnifying glass, the magnifying glass illuminates for a longer time than usual. The screen very briefly clears as if the search results were going to be produced, but then the entire list returns rather than only the items which meet the search criteria.

The problem started today, and I noticed there was an update today. My thinking is something in the update caused the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
DrFrankBuck

New update today,and I see that the enhancements specifically include this issue being fixed.

I also like that when you add a new task, the keyboard automatically appears rather than having to tap in the entry window.

Nice job, Toodledo!
DrFrankBuck

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S3 Model number SGH-1747 running Android 4.3
Tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T310 running Android 4.2.2

The problem with the weekly repeats has not always been happening. I am not exactly sure when it started, by I think the first time I noticed it was April 26.

I wonder is the Android version is making a difference?
DrFrankBuck

Yes, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same problem. I also have the Toodle app on my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy). I am not having the problem there.
DrFrankBuck

I am still having the issue with tasks entered through Google Now's "Not to self" command creating being made into weekly repeating tasks. I am using Version 5.2.3 (103). Here is the relevant information:
1. I have checked the new task defaults. I had selected "none."
2. If I change the repeating pattern to something else, new tasks are assigned to that repeating pattern. When I change the default repeating pattern back to "none," we get the weekly repeats.
3. Here is the really strange one: The task shows up with the circular arrow inside the checkbox (I like this new feature). When I open the task, it says the repeating pattern is "none." If I close the task and reopen it, the repeating pattern has changed to weekly. After getting that result several times, i took screen shots if you would like for me to send them.
DrFrankBuck

I tried going into Settings>Application Manager and clearing the cache on Google Search. I tried adding another task via Google Now, and it worked...no repeating task. But...I tried another one and got the weekly repeat. I cleared the cache again and have now input several tasks without any showing up as repeating.

I will keep an eye on it and update if I see anything significant.
DrFrankBuck

No, if I enter the task into the app, it does fine. I agree the defaults should be the same whether being keyed in or entered through Google Now, but that's not what's happening.

I just recently noticed this mysterious repeating pattern, so I don't think it's always been happening.
DrFrankBuck

I am using the Toodledo Android app, and make frequent use of the Google Now "note to self" feature to add tasks. Recently, I have noticed that tasks added in this manner appear as weekly repeating tasks. I have looked at my settings on the web, the app on my tablet, and the app on my phone. All are set for Start Date and Due Date to be "today" (which are working fine), and Repeat as "none." has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have suggestions on a solution?
DrFrankBuck

Posted Feb 12, 2014 in: "Google Now" feeding into Toodledo
Thanks for the information. I have been using the Ultimate To-Do List since I started using an Android a year and a half ago, and it has worked well for me.

I have just downloaded the official Toodledo app and see exactly how to enable this feature. (The first time I used "Note to Self," it presented me with the choices of sending the note to Gmail, Evernote, or Toodledo, along with the option to do so once or always.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Jan 30, 2014 in: "Google Now" feeding into Toodledo
Score: 1
This post is for Android users and shows how you can use the voice input through Google Now to get tasks into Toodledo.

I use the "Note to Self" command in Google Now to get to-dos into my system. Specifically, they wind up in my email with the subject line "note to self" and the message I spoke in the body of the email. The word recognition is excellent.

I have gone a step further. Using IFTTT, I have written a recipe which sends that email to Toodledo and flips the message (the original to-do you spoke) up into the subject line.

I wrote about what I did and give detailed information on exactly how to set up the IFTTT recipe in a recent blog post. The post is located at: http://frankbuck.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-add-tasks-to-toodledo-using.html

If you wind up using it and liking it, I would enjoy hearing from you.
DrFrankBuck

Evernote is a great place to take meeting notes. Reviewing the notes to copy and paste the "to-dos" included in those notes is a necessary step. I remember an earlier thread along the same lines, and Troy.Christmas responded that he was working on a solution.

I ran across the fruits of his labor, and it looks really good. "TaskClone.com" (free 30 days and then dirt cheap after that) works as follows: 1) Take your notes in Evernote; 2) Precede any statement which is a "to-do" with the checkbox icon; 3) When the note is saved, any and all statements preceded with checkboxes are sent via your Toodledo email address to Toodledo. In the note section of that task is a link to the note in Evernote. Another feature allows you to add dates from your Evernote notes into your Google calendar. I have been working with it for a couple of days, and it appears to work well.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Sep 06, 2013 in: Adding items to Toodledo via Google Now
Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I will put a post on my blog explaining how I am doing it. When the post publishes, I will put a link to it here for other Android users who might want to do the same thing.
DrFrankBuck

Posted Sep 04, 2013 in: Adding items to Toodledo via Google Now
I have read that the capability exits to creates reminders with Siri which flow into Toodledo. For Android users, is there a way to to-dos through Google Now which flow through Toodledo. I have accomplished something that is working well for me using #IFTTT as a go-between but wanted to know if there was something there already that I am missing.
DrFrankBuck

Fantastic. With more and more good things about Chrome (and me being an Android user), moving to Chrome as my primary browser was seeming like a better and better idea. This one thing (the search now being as quick as on Firefox) is making my decision for me.

One related question, though. I have a personal homepage which includes the Toodledo widget (m.toodledo.com). It loads OK on Firefox but in Chrome gives a message "Loading Data" but never loads. Not a biggie, since I do my work straight from the Toodledo site, but wondering if there is an easy fix I am missing.

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

I just tried the same think I have tried before...doing a search on Toodledo using Chrome. Now, even the first search quick, just as quick as it is on Firefox.

Do you know if something has changed on Chrome or has there been an enhancement to Toodledo?

Thanks,
Frank
DrFrankBuck

Posted Jun 17, 2013 in: Question got anyone who uses Chrome...
Glad to see that someone else is seeing the same thing. Again, the slowness happens on the FIRST search following a refresh.

With Chrome becoming a more and more popular browser and with more power, this point will become important to more people.
DrFrankBuck

I use Toodledo with Firefox as my browser. When I enter a term in the quick search window, the list quickly shrinks to only those items which meet the search criteria. When I do the same thing in Chrome, here is what happens:
1. The first search I do is EXTREMELY SLOW.
2. From there on, the searches are as quick as on Firefox...unless I refresh the screen.
3. When I refresh the screen, the next search is extremely slow again.
4. I have tried the same thing on each computer I have (desktop running Windows 7, laptop running XP, and laptop running Windows 8), all with the same result.

Can anyone tell me what is happening with the quick searches in Chrome?

Thanks,
Frank Buck
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next