ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jul 16, 2010 in: HOTLIST
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2010
  • Score: 0
Just started using Toodledo a couple of days ago, and to get the hotlist that I want I created a saved Search and made the Search page my default. This works pretty well, but being able to just make my saved search "the" hotlist would be even better.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Thanks!
Salgud

• Salgud
Now I have another related problem. When I tried to tell Toodledo that I had completed my repeating tasks yesterday, they kept just reappearing. So I clicked several times, trying to get them off my list.

Now I figured out that they were actually future occurrences of my repeating tasks and I had about 8 of the one I kept clicking. They were marked done for dates into the future. I removed the "Done" marks, but now they're all in my task list. Obviously, I can delete them one at a time, but I am wondering if there's a way to delete them all. I tried multi-edit, but it doesn't appear to have a delete feature. Do I just have to delete them individually?
Salgud

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
@Scott

I apologize if I was short in my reply. It was late, I was tired, etc, etc, felt your reply was merely reiterating what I had already eliminated as a viable solution to my problem.

In the cold light of day, I realized that in Toodledo, contexts are entirely separate from tags, as you tried to point out, and that they might be the solution I am looking for. I'm currently trying to use contexts to get what I need out of Toodledo.

I'll try to remember not to reply to posts at 10 pm in the future. Thanks for your suggestion.
Salgud

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
@PeterW

Yes, I am aware of the themes. Thanks for mentioning them. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with IE7 at work, and I have a Mac at home. Don't know if those themes will work on the OSX platform yet.

Still, I think that Toodledo needs more than a theme to make it more palatable to the eye. I saw that this is a common complaint and decided to add my 2 bits.
Salgud

• Salgud
Thanks, that fixed the problem. I had omitted the Start Date thinking that it would default to the next Mon, Wed or Fri.
Salgud

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
  • Salgud
So this would mean that I have to reapply that filter everytime I open my tasklist, and remove or change to another when I switch to doing personal tasks, which I frequently do on my lunch hour. Is that correct?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
On my first day using Toodledo, this time, I found a very strange characteristic. I created a couple of repeating tasks. Both do something I've never seen any task manager do before. The one is something I do every Mon, Wed and Fri at work. I did it today, then marked it complete. It immediately reappeared in my Hotlist and my Starred list, when I wanted it to go away until Fri. I don't want my Hotlist/Starred list to have all my hi priority todos on them all the time. I want it to appear on Mon, Wed and Fri, and when I check it done, it shouldn't reappear until the following Mon, Wed or Fri. Not immediately. Is this the way Toodledo is supposed to work? If it is, I've got to keep looking for a task manager. This is just not how I want it to behave.

One thing I checked to see if it was causing this odd (to me) behavior, was if I had set it up to have new tasks be starred automatically. I didn't. Even if I did, it still shouldn't even be on the list until it reappears on the next Mon, Wed or Fri.

Is this how Toodledo is supposed to work, or is something wrong here?
Salgud

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
  • Salgud
Thanks for your reply, I think. From my post:

" know I could also do this with tags, but it seems that it should be possible to hide a particular folder"

Does anyone know if there is a way to hide a folder temporarily?
Salgud

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
  • Salgud
I just started playing with Toodledo today, and it's pretty straightforward. Mostly. But I'd like for my personal tasks not to show when I'm at work, unless I want to look at them specifically. I tried clicking "Private" next to that folder in the Settings menu, but it did nothing. Is there a way to normally hide a folder, except when I want it to show? I know I could also do this with tags, but it seems that it should be possible to hide a particular folder. Is that so?
Salgud

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
I tried out Toodledo a year or more ago, but left because of the interface. It has all of the features I want in a task manager, and a few more. A few more is good. But coming from Things, with that gorgeous interface, I just didn't want to look at Toodledo.

Since Things is apparently dead (two small feature upgrades in over a year plus a couple of bug fixes, I finally decided to try Toodledo again. But it's still a very practical but butt ugly interface. This would be a killer app if it had a better looking UI. Not asking for a Things-like interface, just something less cluttered and more elegant looking. I know a good designer could make it look much better, without loss of functionality. I'd be happy if a few features were tucked away instead of so much going on in the main view.

I hope something can be done to make Toodledo not only extremely functional, but at least easier to look at.

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81