ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
  • Score: 0
I had the same problem but Appigo responded differently. Here is what they said (Nov 15, 2011):

We never have anyone reporting this but lets try this.

Please take a back up of your device:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Open Todo and then go to:
Settings > synchronization > switch sync services > Toodledo account > then go back to synchronization > advance > perform full sync.

This may cause a few duplicates but it may fix this issue. Now check if the log is now the correct one.

Also check if your checklist are still intact that would help us to determine if the account is working well.

After doing this, my Todo sync log correctly showed my account level as 'Pro'.

BTW Toodledo doesn't usually answer questions in this forum. You're better off posting this type of support issue in the 'Questions' forum.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: My Hodge-Podge
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2011
<shudder>
PeterW 

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Roger - thanks for your explanation and apologies for not picking up on your point. I get what you are driving at, and agree that it would be great if Toodledo explored these things in the development of their UI.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: Export Back to Outlook
  • PeterW 
You can export your tasks from Toodledo in a number of formats (e.g. XML, CSV, TXT, iCAL) and there is also a backup feature so your data is safe. Once exported, you may need to move a few columns to import back into Outlook.

As a former WinMobile phone user, I can say that iPhone is great and works well with Toodledo. In addition to Toodledo's iPhone app, you can also use Appigo Todo among others.

iPhone also works well with Exchange/Outlook for corporate calendar and email. Guarantee you won't look back. I liked the iPhone experience so much I recently migrated my home computer from PC to Mac.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: Maximum number of tags?
  • PeterW 
I'm not sure if there is a limit to the number of tags you can have. I found the following info in the help system but it doesn't mention tags:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=97
PeterW 

Posted Dec 04, 2011 in: export to pdf or excel or word
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2011
Why not just print the list of tasks to a PDF creator. e.g. CutePDF print driver?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 03, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2011
  • Score: -1
darkroom-devil:

Try running Toodledo in "Multi-line mode" instead of the default grid mode. It doesn't look the way it sounds, i.e. you only see a single line for each task. All it displays is the task name and the primary sort field you have for that view, plus the star field. It's much more minimalistic and therefore provides you with the focus you desire without the clutter.

To display the other fields for a task, simply click on a drop-down arrow and the task will expand to display across a few additional lines. You can keep the browser window smaller in this mode without needing to scroll left/right too.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 03, 2011 in: Keep a PC Based record of Toodledo?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2011
If you're on a Mac, Appigo's Todo (new version) is excellent.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2011
Another few to add to your watch list:

* NirvanaHQ - will tick a lot of your boxes especially in terms of project handling where it seems very strong. It has two big holes for you: (a) no import and (b) no native mobile app for any device (although their mobile web app is quite mature).

* Wunderkit - nothing released yet but looks like it will be a beautiful web-based app. Don't know what they will do for mobile, etc.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: How to display "Folders" as tabs
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Posted by Pinky:
So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

You've probably seen images and read details in older posts about how Toodledo used to look. The design up until the middle of this year had tabs across the top for each of the views.

The current website design removed the tabs from the top and put them on the left hand side, where they appear now more like navigation bar selections.

No functionality has been removed, it's just that the interface was redesigned.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Folders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Sounds like a good setup.

I'm using Appigo Todo on my iPhone and this setup works really well with it.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: Folders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2011
This will work fine and is pretty much what I have been using.

My setup is:

Folders
Next - single tasks
Projects - parent tasks with substasks
Waiting for
Someday

Contexts
Work
Home
Phone
Errands

Tags
Business
Personal

I've turned off the following fields: Status, Priority, Goal, Location.

Using just two tags has worked well in being able to separate tasks via sort and filter options and avoids needing to use additional folders.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: There is NO reminders checkbox
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2011
Do you have the 'Due Time' field enabled in your settings?

I think this field needs to be on.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 23, 2011 in: forum search results
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2011
I've also had trouble searching the forums. Can't put my finger on why but it never seems to return everything I am expecting.

Anyway to solve your specific issue, just click on your name on the left hand side of the thread and it will take you to your profile page and display all threads you have started.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2011
Folke X - thanks, yes I did take a look at this. The problem was that it would mean I'd have to use the Toodledo iPhone app and I'm just not willing to switch from Appigo Todo at this stage.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2011
If you add a start date to your repeating task, the task won't display in your list until that date. When the task is completed and regenerates, the start date will be moved forward to match.

From the Help file:
How do I use the start date field?

You can use the start date field to specify when a project or event begins. This is useful if you have a task that cannot be completed ahead of time, and that you don't want to be reminded about until the specified start date has arrived. Any task with a start date more than 1 day in the future will be hidden from your list until the date arrives. You can always reveal these hidden tasks by turning off the "Hide Future Tasks" filter under the "Show" button in the toolbar above your list. The start date will move forward along with the due date when a task repeats.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
The main reason why we keep our roadmap secret is to give us the freedom/flexibility to work on what we want/need to work on without external expectations.

Well, I admire your honesty but I have to say that it's a pretty depressing comment from a customer's viewpoint. :(
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2011
This is a problem acknowledged by Toodledo but I don't think they have plans to fix it.

Simply put, the system sees that the due date is passed and therefore shows the tasks as overdue. It doesn't take account of the fact that the task is completed.

If you go into your completed task list all of them will appear to be overdue if they have a due date. It's quite annoying.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 16, 2011 in: Global search (bump!)
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2011
Posted by coach.mac:
Can't wait

You might have to learn to wait. :)
PeterW 

Posted Nov 15, 2011 in: Tabbing to fields in the date popup
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2011
Thanks.

One other thing while you are looking at this...

When adding a new task and I tab to the 'Save' button, it's not very obvious that the button is highlighted (i.e. has focus). It appears that that the highlight is the same orange colour as the button itself, so it just makes the edge of the button get thicker by a pixel.

It would be great if the highlight on the button was a different colour so you could see it had focus. Possible?

BTW, using Chrome on Win7.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next