ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 30, 2010 in: iPod Touch / iPhone App
Score: 0
I was about to post this request too. A forum should always enforce unique username - It's one of the basic requirements. Tomorrow someone can create another id as mine (piyush_soni) and cause defamation to my name ! :P

Edit: And I won't even have 'Administrator' written below my name, hence increasing the confusion :)

ToodleDo, how about also showing the Gravatar below our id's - seems to be really easy to implement in any website and makes identify people better (Hundreds of websites are using this)

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 29, 2010 in: Notebook
There is at least one problem I noticed with your current implementation of notes. I keep the tasks webpage open in office and at home. I had been writing a few paragraphs of notes over time for one of my tasks. When I made some changes in a few points at home, it updated the notes and worked fine. I came to office, and made few changes again. What I noticed two days later that the copy open in office was stale and the changes I did had actually overwritten the new changes I had done at home! This could be really dangerous.

We should use one of the three solutions/workarounds :
1). Whenever the notes change on your server, they should be updated on all open webpages through AJAX or something. 2). Even timely polling for notes updates could be used as a temporary workaround. Or,
3). When we click on a notes section for a possible intention to update it, you should first get the latest and then allow updating.

This is an important bug(if I may call it that).

This message was edited Nov 29, 2010.
piyush_soni

What all requirements people come up with :P :)
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 28, 2010 in: Notebook
No. What you want is a Source Control system. Use SVN/CVS/Perforce/Git/Mercurial etc. for managing your time stamped files.
piyush_soni

For chrome, you can inject your script in the page instead of calling through the unsafeWindow.

testFunc = function()
{
//Write ALL your code here.
};

document.body.appendChild(document.createElement("script")).innerHTML = "("+testFunc+")()";

All the methods written and called from testFunc will be executed from page scope, hence allowing you to directly call ToodleDo's script functions without a problem. But keep in mind that GM_setValue and getValue won't work from Page scope. They have to be called from outside of this function.

Second way (might be easier to transform the current script using this) is to use what they call the Location hack
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Curiosity -- How much do you Topodledo?
Score: 2
I know there are many many experts here, but I have never read much about GTD. So,

1). I assume I'm not using GTD. But I am happy that after searching for really long I found a good task Management system which I can keep in sync from almost everywhere. I know I will benefit a LOT by learning and strictly following GTD, but that's on my to-do list :)

2). I have Around 50-60.

3). At the risk of sounding a really careless person, the largest number of my tasks are in No Folder :). Largest context is 'Someday' :). Some people have 'Someday' as a folder, but I think it helps me making it as a Context. For example, my 'Call' folder includes some people I'll call someday. Similarly my 'Dev' folder has open source projects I want to do someday, but not sure when. It's normally hidden from the view.

4). I use tags mostly as a measure of how much time I think a task will take. Frequently I tag them as 'very quick' if they are such (Or quick, slow etc.). This is because when I have some extra time waiting for something, I go to this saved search which shows all my 'very quick' tasks to quickly kill off a few of them. That makes me feel happy :).

5). Not too much. Of course, my 'someday' tasks could go as far as whole life ;), but I try to have a due date to as many of them as possible otherwise I'll probably never complete them. You should have only those many future tasks about which you are certain.

6). I personally just keep definitive to-dos. I don't store tasks like 'When I have children, look for a good school for them'. But of course, I'm not a power user. For people who manage big projects using ToodleDo, they may store 'what if' kind of tasks as well.

-
Piyush
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Email Attachments
You forgot the Plus in the Pro. :)

http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php
piyush_soni

That script doesn't work in Chrome. Switch to Firefox (recommended :) ) or pester the script's author papagayo for Chrome support(If enough people want that, he might try).

By the way, on occassions I have found the chrome extension TamperMonkey to be much better than Blank Canvas. Haven't tried that for this script( and am not keen to) but you can give that a try as well.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Toodledo This! Bookmarklets?
Did you also try installing their Firefox Add-on (Tools & Services) and right clicking in the browser window?

And I think you probably meant Javascript and not Java when you'r talking about Bookmarklet.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: Google Calandar Task Sync
Yes, Google currently doesn't have an official API to sync tasks. Those who do it, are doing some sort of tricks.

See this issue:
http://code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=985

Comments 232-234 also give a couple of ideas on how the existing apps might be syncing with Google Tasks. But that's not official.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
@mike
Very nice! Hope to be able to use it soon!
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 19, 2010 in: Toodledo and Skype
That is added by skype and not ToodleDo. Had you observed for five more minutes, you would have figured out that it adds that 'call with skype' on every phone number on all the pages. You can go to Firefox Add ons and disable it.
piyush_soni

Just a wild guess. I assume you have already tried just closing the edit multiple tasks panel there.

If yes, have you installed the GreaseMonkey script 'ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks'? That causes this annoying problem of opening it each time you open the search. I just changed the script to not to do that.
piyush_soni

You can quickly press the 'n' key anywhere on the page for the add task panel to show up. Also, if you use Firefox (it's a sin to use any other browser anyway), you can install their Firefox add-on, using which you should be able to add a task from any website/page by pressing Ctrl. + Alt. + A
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 14, 2010 in: Outlook 2010 Tooledo
I don't know anymore than that :(
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 14, 2010 in: Political outlook of Toodledo users
Posted by cornopean:
but when the US is sick, the rest of the world gets sick too. yes?

Sadly, 80% of the US population thinks that.

I would guess if China gets sick, US would get sick in a day :)
piyush_soni

I would try deleting all the tasks from Outlook(keep a backup somewhere), resetting the database in ToodleDo Sync Tool, and then try again. If not, you can contact their support.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 14, 2010 in: Where did subtasks go?
I think what's there is good enough.
piyush_soni

You won't get anything inside Outlook. You have to run the application which it installed externally, called 'ToodleDo Sync Tool'. After that it should run automatically with windows.
piyush_soni

Posted Nov 12, 2010 in: Where did subtasks go?
I thought it does show that for quite a few days when your subscription is about to expire below your name in the left column there. (At least that's what it did when I tried pro subscription for some days).
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next