ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Linden"
Linden

Posted Jun 16, 2009 in: Improved Backup/Restore capabilities
Score: 0
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2009
  • Score: 0
That's a whole bunch of requested features delivered in one quickly-implemented update. You're totally amazing!
Linden

Posted Jun 16, 2009 in: Total time in calendar
  • Linden
More on-topic: I think the idea of showing total time for calendar tasks is great.

Many of my tasks are longer than I can do in a day. Would it be possible for that total time to reflect "time remaining" -- so Length minus Timer? Maybe that's too complex.

In any case, I'd certainly love to see any implementation of this idea!
Linden

Posted Jun 16, 2009 in: Total time in calendar
  • Linden
Posted by Anders:
Ah, thanks. I was not aware of that.

Wow! There is an aspect of Toodledo that Anders wasn't yet intimately familiar with! ;)

Seriously, Anders, you're like a wandering Encyclopedia of Toodledo. It's pretty cool that you're still picking up new tricks as well.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2009
This is true. Having the date in the forum post as well just helps readers figure out which conversations are relevant to recent news without cross-referencing the news page every time.

Having a "thread started" date auto-generated could do the trick as well, but would involve more programming time. You definitely have enough higher-priority projects, though.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Nice idea! It doesn't require any change to the actual framework -- just an extra second when writing the title.
Linden

Posted Jun 12, 2009 in: How To Export A Copy Of Your Toodledo
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Awesome crash-course (no pun intended) on available backup methods, Anders!
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I've made a note in another thread, but I'll echo the crux of it here: thank you for doing such a good job and keeping us up to speed while you fixed things. These things are guaranteed to happen at some point or another, and you've both fixed it and learned from it.

Again, thank you for everything that you do here. Toodledo is the first tool I've ever paid for online, and I don't regret a penny of it -- even after last night. You've got a solid system and do amazing work in making it better every day.

Take a deep breath. :)
Linden

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: IDEA!!
  • Linden
Thanks for the tip, Jon. The Hotlist e-mail is a great idea.

My backup was on my home computer, which is never turned on in the morning. The e-mail would have joined me at the office where it would have been VERY comforting this morning. :)

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Linden

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Question about the recent downtime
Score: 2
  • Linden
  • Score: 2
Kudos for getting everything back up. As with the others, I really appreciated the updates -- you were obviously doing everything you could to get things back up ASAP!

Best of luck with the revised prevention/recovery plan you mentioned was already in the works. But definitely wait until you've had some shut-eye! :)
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2009
Sorry about that, Edward. I guess I misunderstood your point 2 in the followup to Toodledo's response.

Definitely leave this discussion up! It will be useful for others who find the wording problematic, and more discussion could be helpful.

EDIT: Maybe I just figured out the point of confusion. It's the term "independent", not "clone". The potential confusion being that people will think that cloning a task creates a special kind of task that will only appear (independently) in the tab it was generated in. That reading never crossed my mind -- I can see why it could be confusing/frustrating!

This message was edited Jun 09, 2009.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2009
Maybe this is a confusion about how the different views operate. Your Main View window is a subset of your tasks. All of them are also listed under their appropriate folder, context, status, or goal if you move to a different method of viewing them.

When you clone a task, it basically creates a new task that starts off with the exact same settings. Let's call the original "Task A" and the clone "Task B". If you make changes to Task B, those will not be applied to Task A. However, you will see the changes to Task B reflected on all of the screens that it might normally be found in.
Linden

Posted Jun 08, 2009 in: Feature Idea: autohide the left sidebar
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2009
I have no problem with an auto-hide feature if it could be implemented with a thumbtack system, so I can have it stick if I want it there.

I also really like Anders' idea, since I use the sidebar a lot. Showing the icons when it's collapsed is classy way of saving screen space while keeping the main functions available.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2009
@Proximo, I can support your call 100% if it's an option instead of a default function. I can definitely see the potential for it, especially in the situation you describe.

Nice idea, TheGriff -- those saved searches seem to be real lifesavers!
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2009
How would this work with tasks that are waiting or postponed, or other sorts of statuses? Sometimes I have a project due, but it's waiting for input from others and they just can't have it ready by that initial date. It can be helpful to have that original date still in the system, but it would be misleading to have the task suddenly change status to appear like a next action.

The flexibility of Toodledo is a blessing and a curse in this instance. I can see why many people would find it helpful to have tasks due today become "next actions" -- especially if they were on hold specifically to become active that day. And yet surely I'm not the only person whose system would be broken by this behaviour...

It will be interesting to see how Toodledo developers incorporate the solution without breaking the flexibility. (While avoiding "option fatigue" brought up in another post.)
Linden

Score: 1
  • Linden
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2009
  • Score: 1
TheGriff's super-contexts does appear to nicely solve the multiple context issue.

The work-phone versus home-phone seems like it could be solved quickly by creating separate @Phone-Work and @Phone-Home contexts, so you don't have to worry about them being mixed.

I use folders to demark areas of my life, so a personal call has the @phone context, but also in my Personal folder. A work call is still @phone, but is in the Work folder. I'll often use the scheduler when I have blocks of time, so if I have 30 minutes for phone calls at work, enter 30 minutes, the Work folder, and @phone context. If I'm at home and want to finish some internet research and e-mail tasks, I can use the scheduler with 2 hours, Personal folder, and @online.
Linden

Posted Jun 03, 2009 in: Email interface-unwanted text
  • Linden
The idea of an option in the subject is good. It might also be good to have a code that marks the end of a note. This way people who DO want notes included don't have their spam-check messages tacked on at the end of each one.

I'm glad to have come across this, as I've recently considered looking more closely into using the e-mail system to help keep me on top of my e-mails. Work e-mail isn't much of a problem, but my social e-mails get lost rather often and having them in my to-do list would be very helpful!

(Yes, I know GTD outlines e-mail strategies, but I'm seriously struggling to make them work as described.)
Linden

• Linden
Good point about "option fatigue", thpope. To be honest, I'm sure I'm not familiar with all of the options currently available.

I'm one of those people who will sometimes have empty parent tasks. I use parent tasks as projects (like many here) and sometimes I'm done all of the current steps but still have more that haven't been identified. At times like this, I still want the parent around as a reminder that it needs more work.

However, this idea of not being able to check off parent tasks is a MUCH better solution than a popup. It would be easy for me to identify a "complete this project" subtask so my parent project isn't auto-checked.
Linden

Posted May 28, 2009 in: Calendar Badges
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 28, 2009
Interesting suggestion. I especially like the idea of seeing a percent figure -- to quickly gauge how progress is going!
Linden

• Linden
Could it be possible to make this pop-up warning optional? Default=on would be fine, but I'd quickly get frustrated if I had a pop-up every time I completed a parent task.

For me, confirmation pop-ups like this quickly become habit for frequent activities, and the check+confirm reaction that develops leads to the same chance of a mistake.

Still, having the pop-up as an option would be great as a general solution -- I'd just like the option of turning it off as well. :)
Linden

Posted May 28, 2009 in: Repeating tasks
Score: -1
  • Linden
  • Score: -1
Posted by Anders:
Posted by Linden:
If you use the optional (?) marker, will it set up the repeat task if it disappears?

Yes, that is why it is so cool. :)

I second that "cool" judgement in this case. I'll be updating a few of my tasks accordingly, as well! Thanks for highlighting this feature. :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next