Salgud

Posted Dec 21, 2015 in: 2nd / 3rd ... Task List
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by Holger.Stern:
Hello,

I am new to Toodledo but I have already tried out Wunderlist and Any.Do. So far I like Toodledo much more than the other two, and I really like the way Toodledo organizes the tasks.

I like the task list so much that I want to use more than only one task list and its features. Is there a way to use more than one task list?

Thank you for your help
Holger

The various options mentioned by paw above are all available on the Profile & Settings page (down arrow, upper right), under Fields, Functions Used. Just add whatever parameters you want/need. I do advise to keep it fairly simple at first, then add as you get more experience with TD.
Salgud

Posted Dec 18, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2015
Posted by Salgud:
Thanks for the prompt reply, Jake.

I'll post here so others may benefit.

I've played a bit more with this, and entered some tasks very slowly and deliberately to see what is happening.

For example, I type: ICPC Mailing /Chantal S /medium /starred /tomorrow /next action /cw
As I enter each character after the /, the list appears with the possibilities, and as I type more characters, the list shortens down to one item. I finish typing the parameter, and go on the the next. It recognizes them all as I type. However, when I'm done typing and hit enter, it displays what I've typed in the name, minus the parameters which it no longer recognizes! How can it recognize as I'm entering them, but not after? If I hit enter again, it enters the parameters it recognized after I entered them all, but the others appear in the task name with the slashes, exactly as I typed them. So it looks something like "ICPC Mailing /cw /next action /medium" with a priority of medium (by default), Due Date tomorrow, Context Chantal S and is Starred.

The funny part is, I've already wasted many times the amount of time I'd ever save by having this feature testing it and posting here! So I'm not really concerned about it. I'm not one who worries about "wasting" a few seconds a day clicking with my mouse. Happy to help out in case someone else has a similar problem.

I AM curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems. This is under Win7 in Chrome Version 47.0.2526.80 m.

Ok, I finally figured it out. I HAVE to enter each parameter when the app recognizes it, and not continue typing that one and on to the next. They have to be selected from the pull-down list, each one, as I enter it. If I do that, they are all recognized correctly. So I can't type:

ICPM Mailing /chantal s /high /tomorrow /every fri /cw all at once. I have to type:

ICPM Mailing /chaTAB/hTAB/cwTAB/tomTAB/every friTAB

I can type more of the parameter, but I have to hit enter or tab before I move on the the next.
Salgud

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: The Real Power of TD, Saved Searches
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2015
Did you type in "Today" or select it from the date picker? The date picker will use the date you created the search, the typed word will use "today" no matter what date you entered it.
Salgud

• Salgud
The filter setting allows you to change this setting for a particular view for the moment, and is far easier to reset after.
Salgud

• Salgud
There is an alternate way to do this, maybe a bit simpler that a Custom Search. Made sure you have all your tasks and notes exposed and do a Ctrl F (browser Find command). You may get some extraneous hits (other fields that match your criteria), but it will find your text in both title and notes.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by garyo:
Is it just me or when you switch views, and have view subtasks as indented turned on, do the subtasks show up on separate non-indented lines and you have to go through all the parent tasks and click on the icon to get the subtasks indented again?

You shouldn't have to go through all that. There are 2 places that might effect what you're seeing. First, under Settings, Subtasks, make sure you have "Indented mode shows "all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible" selected.

Next, in the display Filter settings (under the eye icon, upper right, next to "sort"), make sure that Subtasks are set to "Indented".

You should be good to go.
Salgud

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • Salgud
Thanks for the prompt reply, Jake.

I'll post here so others may benefit.

I've played a bit more with this, and entered some tasks very slowly and deliberately to see what is happening.

For example, I type: ICPC Mailing /Chantal S /medium /starred /tomorrow /next action /cw
As I enter each character after the /, the list appears with the possibilities, and as I type more characters, the list shortens down to one item. I finish typing the parameter, and go on the the next. It recognizes them all as I type. However, when I'm done typing and hit enter, it displays what I've typed in the name, minus the parameters which it no longer recognizes! How can it recognize as I'm entering them, but not after? If I hit enter again, it enters the parameters it recognized after I entered them all, but the others appear in the task name with the slashes, exactly as I typed them. So it looks something like "ICPC Mailing /cw /next action /medium" with a priority of medium (by default), Due Date tomorrow, Context Chantal S and is Starred.

The funny part is, I've already wasted many times the amount of time I'd ever save by having this feature testing it and posting here! So I'm not really concerned about it. I'm not one who worries about "wasting" a few seconds a day clicking with my mouse. Happy to help out in case someone else has a similar problem.

I AM curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems. This is under Win7 in Chrome Version 47.0.2526.80 m.
Salgud

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • Salgud
Bummer, doesn't work on my system. Well, I'm not in that big of a hurry to enter my tasks anyway, I can afford to lose the 2 seconds a day it would have saved me! :)

Edit: Very strange, it seems to be getting smarter. Now, each time I add a task, it gets another parameter. This last time, it got them all except the priority (medium) Maybe this is because my default priority for new tasks is medium? If it's already there, it doesn't recognize it?

Edit: Very erratic. Tried another, essentially a duplicate of the last one with a different name. Got Starred, Context, but not Status or Priority. Well, I guess "some days the magic works, and some days it doesn't" Chief Dan George, LITTLE BIG MAN. I'd think it was getting it when it lists it below, but apparently not. At least not all of the time.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Dec 16, 2015 in: Sort for the day
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2015
This whole situation is rapidly becoming a rather "sorted" affair...
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2015
That's correct, Jake.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2015
Now that we have the View types listed by icons on the left, and the individual views in a pull-down under the bread crumbs list, I've decided to close the individual views list to the right of the View type lists and just use the pull-downs to reduce clutter in the upper right portion of the screen. When that list is concealed, and I click on one of the View type icons, the detailed view list automatically opens. I would like this to be optional, since I'm deliberately not using that part of the interface anymore.

Thanks.
Salgud

Posted Dec 10, 2015 in: Quick Survey about Toodledo
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2015
  • Score: 1
I took the survey, and I was nice! :)
Salgud

Posted Dec 07, 2015 in: Batch Edit tool can now append tags
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2015
  • Score: 1
This is great news, Jake, BIG IMPROVEMENT in the usability of Tags. Even better, it's the second significant improvement in the task management side of TD in the last few weeks! This really makes me happy!

This message was edited Dec 07, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Dec 07, 2015 in: Project management
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2015
Posted by ginny_2:
HI there, I'm new to Toodledo. What's the best way of managing a project using it?

I agree with Jake that there is no "right" way of managing projects in TD and that there are many ways. One common way is to use Folders as projects, parent tasks as subheadings under projects, and subtasks as your working level tasks. Unfortunately, this limits us to 3 levels within a project, which is often not nearly enough. Then we have to get more creative with the resources at hand. For most, there are fields available in TD that we aren't using for their "intended" purpose. This might be Contexts, Tags, Priority, etc. By breaking away from our expectations of using these parameters as "expected", we can use them for anything, including projects, we desire. For example, I don't use Contexts as they are originally intended. They were originally intended to be used in a GTD sense, based on resources available/needed for doing a particular task, such as computer, phone, office, etc. Some would argue these distinctions are antiquated given the availability of phones and computers virtually anywhere we go. In any case, I use Contexts as people I work with, since I do work for so many different people, so Context just tells me who I'm doing a particular task for.

At one time, I tried using Goals to give me 3 additional levels within a project, but found this solution too kludgy even for me, though I have a pretty high kludge tolerance, but it might work just fine for you. Just don't limit your use of TD by feeling obligated to use these parameters as intended. Use them to suit your own individual needs to make TD work for you.

Best of luck, and remember, these forums are available with lots of experienced users who are happy to help you.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2015
Muchas gracias, Jake!
Salgud

• Salgud
Found an irritating little bug. I added a subtask to a parent, which already had a Due Date. When I click on Due Date field to edit it, the date picker flashes briefly BEHIND the new task entry box, then vanishes. I have to click OK on the new subtask, then edit the Due Date from the pull-down date picker there. Using Version 46.0.2490.86 m of Chrome on Win 7.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by alexandremrj_123:
Sorry Salgud,

I have the paid version and don't have those features.

Alex

Sorry, didn't read your post carefully enough! :(
Salgud

Posted Dec 03, 2015 in: Location Map
  • Salgud
This is not a function of TD, it is a function of Google Maps. You need to report this to them. You can Google for it.
Salgud

Posted Dec 03, 2015 in: "New Search" under saved searches
  • Salgud
New Search is the starting point for creating a new saved search. It is always there, and returns a list of all uncompleted tasks since the criteria are:

Checked Off | No
and
Task Name | is | blank
Salgud

• Salgud
Buy the paid version.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next